Sign in to follow this  
Janjy Giggins

[MOC] Viking Longship

After the Sea Hawk I didn't want to do another ship anytime soon, and I've actually been working on a massive (well, for my flat anyway) Black Falcons castle for the past several months. But I wanted a break from that today so I knocked up this Viking longship. It's not as polished as the Hawk (and the same goes for the photos), but not bad for an afternoon's work, I think!

19020236543_64a578d5f8_z.jpg

19634107812_513ee3f203_z.jpg

19020231633_3b346dafb2_z.jpg

Janjy

Lovely londboat. It's considerably bigger than mine, and it looks great. Keep it up!

Are you shooting for historically accurate? If so, the vikings did not have horns on their helmets. The sail is perfect, you even added the rigging.

Are you shooting for historically accurate? If so, the vikings did not have horns on their helmets. The sail is perfect, you even added the rigging.

No, not really. I'm an archaeologist actually, so I know all about the lack of horns. I just wanted to include the one official Viking figure I have, though. As a plus for historical accuracy, the crew includes female warriors.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. It's a very simple build, obviously, but I like it. And I am pleased with the figurehead and tail.

Janjy