Consolation for Mitgardia came from the South - battle-hardened Mounted Ostrich Archers were sent North by the Desert King by mediation of Captain Marron.

Marron had been at the victory parade in Kaliphlin and had used the opportunity to connect to the Desert King and his generals.

So, after having defended the northern walls, Marron personally welcomed the first MOA battalion that arrived in Mitgardia.

800x500.jpg

Of course, some Northern support was necessary to make the allies successful: Warm clothes...

800x415.jpg

... and warm, black leathered boots.

800x447.jpg

.. gloves and coats...

800x397.jpg

... well, the ostriches were sent back to Kaliphlin.

And another surprise was waiting for Captain Marron: he was promoted to Major!

Major Marron gathered his men and returned to the northern front to face the Algus again.

C&C welcome.

In the "Captain Braunsfeld's part of the Algus Saga" you are here: Part 3

1) The Beacon of Bruns Fall

2) Defending the North

3) Southern Comfort

4) Help from a Nobleman

5) Two Minor Victories

6) Water does not stop them!

7) What's that coming over the hill?

8) Where the Rainbow Spell came from

9) AppleCalypse Now!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Yep, those DK men are gonna need some much warmer clothes! The big tan tent is rather cool. I like the layering with the red at the opening.

Nice cottages, i like the overhanging roofs

... they are supposed to be tents ... :cry_sad:

Yep, those DK men are gonna need some much warmer clothes! The big tan tent is rather cool. I like the layering with the red at the opening.

I still have the feeling that I need to change the scene. The guy handing out the coat does not really come across.

I like the snow on the tents - anybody else? :wink:

Haha nice way to introduce some new troops!

It is "reuse", man!

Nice! I like the tents :classic: And they're gonna need that fire to keep them warm.

Thanks!

Great build, CB! I really like the tents and how you did the boots :thumbup:

Thank you - finally a comment on the fantastic black boots :sweet:

Anyone to comment how the snow is melting around the fire?

Some very nice designs and ideas here! The boots, the snow on the tents and the snow melting around the fireplace!

I like the idea of DK warriors coming to aid in the north!

Great build CB!

Thank you!

Some very nice designs and ideas here! The boots, the snow on the tents and the snow melting around the fireplace!

I like the idea of DK warriors coming to aid in the north!

Yes, thanks for mentioning the "snow melting around the fireplace"! :blush:

And the DK troop presence is meant as a support, not an invasion...

Those tents are nice - especially the tan one and its lovely flaps. The snow looks good throughout the scene and yes, I immediately noticed that the fire had melted all the close white stuff. Those boots look great - why not use them on a fig as part of full custom legs, eh? Despite being a frosty scene it has a certain cozy feel. Good work.

So where are the drinks in this build? I thought it was called Southern Comfort ...

Anyway, nice to see that you chime in into the Algus Saga as well! And, nice build too. I really like the style you have developed over the last months!

Those tents are nice - especially the tan one and its lovely flaps. The snow looks good throughout the scene and yes, I immediately noticed that the fire had melted all the close white stuff.

This guy is good, guys! :wink:

Those boots look great - why not use them on a fig as part of full custom legs, eh? Despite being a frosty scene it has a certain cozy feel. Good work.

I've seen examples of custom legs and haven't been convinced yet...

Thanks!

So where are the drinks in this build? I thought it was called Southern Comfort ...

Anyway, nice to see that you chime in into the Algus Saga as well! And, nice build too. I really like the style you have developed over the last months!

You had expected drinks? How come? :laugh: Good! We need to extend the mead series!

Thanks!

Nice work! Those poor Kaliphlinites.......

No, not poor. They are feeling better now with their new equipment!

Cool tents and very good snow effects, both melted and regular :thumbup: Those soldiers will definitely be glad to have some warmer clothing for their stay in Mitgardia :classic:

Cool tents and very good snow effects, both melted and regular :thumbup: Those soldiers will definitely be glad to have some warmer clothing for their stay in Mitgardia :classic:

Thanks.

I actually thought of rearranging this and of retaking of the pictures. You can't see the troubled look of the guy at the fire - and the second tent (on the left) is actually superfluous...

But anyway, a lot of people have liked it, so I'm fine - or am I?

:laugh:

Nice scene with some excellent details, love the boots :classic:

Now that Kali has started to calm down, people who never got enough action will definitely find plenty in the North.

Now that Kali has started to calm down, people who never got enough action will definitely find plenty in the North.

Who on earth would that be?!? :tongue:

Nice one !

Thanks

Nice scene with some excellent details, love the boots :classic:

Yepp, the boots! :grin:

Good work, nice use of the tantuan.

It is practically an ostrich in disguise :laugh:

Now that we are waiting for the Kaliphlin results to come in .... :wink:

Who on earth would that be?!? :tongue:

Not sure that I got that joke/reference?

You mean mccoyed or that Braunsfeld guy?