We don't know the time period it takes place. All we know is that it involves Kai and Nya, and that the story will involve their parents. That's it.

Um... If the story involves Nya and Kai's parents, then... I'm pretty sure that's the time period it takes place in...

And characters like Morro and Samukai are still alive in this time period.

Even if they don't focus on their time period for a long time, if we see adult Kai and Nya's parents, we may have a chance of seeing Young Garmadon, Young Wu, the other masters like Jay's mom, and maybe even Clouse and Chen (although they're not really relevant).

But you get the point. All these characters lived at the same time, so there is a chance they will be seen.

Will this mean we get some Ninja parents finally? Depends. I will remain open to anything new for the series.

Chances of their parents being ninja are low. In fact, I don't think anyone from the time period are ninja. Wu and Garmadon are sensei, and Morro isn't trained yet. Chen and Clouse aren't sensei or ninja either.

And Sensei Wu never said anything about any of their parents being ninja, even in the books, Kai's dad is described as a hotheaded blacksmith getting into trouble.

Edited by gamejutzu

Um... If the story involves Nya and Kai's parents, then... I'm pretty sure that's the time period it takes place in...

And characters like Morro and Samukai are still alive in this time period.

Even if they don't focus on their time period for a long time, if we see adult Kai and Nya's parents, we may have a chance of seeing Young Garmadon, Young Wu, the other masters like Jay's mom, and maybe even Clouse and Chen (although they're not really relevant).

But you get the point. All these characters lived at the same time, so there is a chance they will be seen.

It can be the modern day and involve their parents.

"Involve" does not mean this entire season is about Kai and Nya's parents, and them only.

Involve means that the story will pertain some sort of information, if not an important role, for these characters, not be about them only.

It's apparent that "involve" is the word being misconstrued from the SDCC information.

But this discussion would be probably better kept in the TV show thread...

What's odd is that none of these issues were made known when the sets were out in June in Europe. Perhaps these are US-only issues?

On another note, Lego.com's Ninjago page has been updated with a really cool museum section, where there are recaps of characters, vehicles, locations, and weapons available.

What's odd is that none of these issues were made known when the sets were out in June in Europe. Perhaps these are US-only issues?

On another note, Lego.com's Ninjago page has been updated with a really cool museum section, where there are recaps of characters, vehicles, locations, and weapons available.

YES! thats the museum director in those videos is the one from the leaked photos from "hands of time" the pictures are from the ninjago museum of history. so we know some scenes will take place at the museum in the upcoming "adventures" since we dont know if these are considered seasons or tv movies yet.

But this discussion would be probably better kept in the TV show thread...

ok

See you there.

But what I was also trying to say with this is that since Nya and Kai's parents lived in the same time period Morro and Samukai did, it could explain why specifically them aren't in the summer sets, because they could appear in the Hands of Time wave.

Edited by gamejutzu

Can confirm... Don't know why though, as changing the mold makes no sense... Maybe it has something to do with the paint?

Zane's hair in the new sets isn't painted or lacquered. It's possible it's just the mold getting old. LEGO molds do wear out and need replacing after a certain amount of use.

Pretty sure the plastic used for the small, detailed, silver-colored pieces in most sets these days is different than the traditional ABS.

No, if you're talking the color of Zane's hair, it comes in the same types of plastic as any other color, just with an additive to give it its metallic appearance.

Lego has just uploaded an recording of the Ninjago and Nexo Knights SDCC panels on YouTube.

I think it's worth a look even though there was nothing said that we didn't know already...

I liked the "Steampunk" part :laugh: !

After watching the panel, I wonder when the hands of time sets will be released maybe the do a day of the departed small wave in January along with some hands of time sets and then release a small hands of time wave at the beginning of the summer

After watching the panel, I wonder when the hands of time sets will be released maybe the do a day of the departed small wave in January along with some hands of time sets and then release a small hands of time wave at the beginning of the summer

A few pages back, someone (I believe it was amazingbricks) mentioned that we are getting a small second wave of Day of the Departed (villains return) sets for Winter 2017. With the Ninjago movie coming out next Fall, I would guess that we will get a September 1st release of Movie sets. That leaves Summer 2017 up in the air. If we go by what was posted earlier in the forum, then perhaps we get a small wave of Hands of Time sets in Spring 2017. Otherwise, I agree that we could get a Day of the Departed/Hands of Time combo Wave in, say, March 2017 with the movie sets following in September.

In any case, we should get a set list for the next Wave of Ninjago sometime this month if history is any indication. I for one, would love to get one more small wave of Day of the Departed sets before the end of the year.

A few pages back, someone (I believe it was amazingbricks) mentioned that we are getting a small second wave of Day of the Departed (villains return) sets for Winter 2017. With the Ninjago movie coming out next Fall, I would guess that we will get a September 1st release of Movie sets. That leaves Summer 2017 up in the air. If we go by what was posted earlier in the forum, then perhaps we get a small wave of Hands of Time sets in Spring 2017. Otherwise, I agree that we could get a Day of the Departed/Hands of Time combo Wave in, say, March 2017 with the movie sets following in September.

In any case, we should get a set list for the next Wave of Ninjago sometime this month if history is any indication. I for one, would love to get one more small wave of Day of the Departed sets before the end of the year.

Yeah. We still haven't seen Morro or Samukai even though they are clearly in the museum.

Well the summer wave will be filled with ninjago movie sets. I always forget that Ninjago sets come out on March, so that's when we'll probably see the ROTV sets. Should be a very small wave, unless lego decides to do ninjago movie sets for the whole year.

Well the summer wave will be filled with ninjago movie sets. I always forget that Ninjago sets come out on March, so that's when we'll probably see the ROTV sets. Should be a very small wave, unless lego decides to do ninjago movie sets for the whole year.

So we might not see any hands of time sets?

If we get any, they'll probably be in the March 2017 wave.

It is virtually impossible that we won't get Hands of Time sets.

I think that one of 2 scenarios is likely.

Scenario #1:

Hands of Time and ROTV sets together form the 2017 Winter Wave with typical EU/NA/ROW release dates of Jan/Mar 2017. Movie sets released worldwide in August and comprise the Summer 2017 Wave (and it will be a big wave since I recall that there are around 14 movie sets).

Scenario #2:

Okay, so bear with me on this and follow along with my train of thought: Day of the Dead TV series release date is quite late relative to the release of it's toy line. ROTV line will have been out for around almost 4 months prior to the start of the show. Hands of Time coming in March-April-ish 2017? Ninjago movie release date is currently September 22, 2017. That movie release date is at a very weird time of the year. Animated movies tend to come out in October - December and not in September which is usually a month reserved for more, "film festival" type movies. It would not surprise me in the least if the movie release date is pushed back to sometime in October-November. I say that pushes the release date of the movie toy line to September or October 2017 which would put it on the shelves and line it up nicely to be the hot Holiday Season items for 2017. That in turn pushes the Hands of Time sets to a March or April release. That would mean no new Ninjago stuff on shelves for 8 months. So, to fill in that gap, they release a very small (like 3 sets small) 2nd wave of ROTV sets that hit the shelves December 2016/January 2017. This would line up with the information (rumor?) going around of a small Wave 2 for ROTV.

Dunno. It seems plausible to me but I am not aware of any Action/Adventure line getting 3 waves of sets in one 12 month period? If anyone has any insight on this please feel free to chime in!! :laugh: I guess we will know more in the next few weeks.

Edited by TPLSTER21

What is Hands of time?Season 8?

I suspect that neither Day of the Departed nor The Hands of Time are going to be full "seasons"—the way they've been talked about, they seem more like one-off TV specials like the pilot. Specifically, Day of the Departed's air date and focus on ghosts makes me suspect that it will be sort of a Halloween special, and if they continue to follow that logic then The Hands of Time may be a Christmas special.

We don't know what The Hands of Time will be about specifically, but in the panel they mentioned it will examine Kai and Nya's parents in more depth. With that in mind, it could be another time travel episode (shudder) or even just a lengthy flashback episode.

If The Hands of Time does in fact air before this year is up, I'd have to wonder whether it would form the basis of any sets next year. Though with the likely possibility of some of next winter's sets being more Day of the Departed sets, it wouldn't be too unsurprising for others to be based on another previously-aired special.

Edited by Lyichir

I suspect that neither Day of the Departed nor The Hands of Time are going to be full "seasons"—the way they've been talked about, they seem more like one-off TV specials like the pilot. Specifically, Day of the Departed's air date and focus on ghosts makes me suspect that it will be sort of a Halloween special, and if they continue to follow that logic then The Hands of Time may be a Christmas special.

We don't know what The Hands of Time will be about specifically, but in the panel they mentioned it will examine Kai and Nya's parents in more depth. With that in mind, it could be another time travel episode (shudder) or even just a lengthy flashback episode.

I thought the time travel episode was actually pretty good. It's actually one of my favorite episodes from that season.

Day of The Departed could be like a movie, which would be around 3 episodes but put into one. Hands of Time could be the same thing, since they called it an "adventure" and not a season.

Edited by gamejutzu

I thought the time travel episode was actually pretty good. It's actually one of my favorite episodes from that season.

Day of The Departed could be like a movie, which would be around 3 episodes but put into one. Hands of Time could be the same thing, since they called it an "adventure" and not a season.

Wrong Place, Wrong Time was mindless fun, but the resolution made absolutely no sense. Destroying the Megaweapon shouod have wiped out the events of almost the entire season prior, where all it did in the episode was take away the weapon... Even the Hagenman Bros joked that they're in prison because they botched this episode.

Anyway, I just realized that the Tumbler isn't available at Lego stores! Since I don't really like going to Walmart, guess I'll have to order it... :/

Even the Hagenman Bros joked that they're in prison because they botched this episode.

Anyway, I just realized that the Tumbler isn't available at Lego stores! Since I don't really like going to Walmart, guess I'll have to order it... :/

That's interesting. Did they say that in the show?

I was also going to say it's a Walmart exclusive, but I guess you beat me to it. I guess it's a Walmart exclusive because it's white and blue... :P

That's interesting. Did they say that in the show?

https://mobile.twitter.com/brothershageman/status/685322725108269056

:)

Their twitter account yields so much interesting tidbits - there were talks of a spinoff show centered around the ninja's kids and season 4 (ToE) was supposed to be a space-themed season!

Anyway, going back to set discussion, all I need to complete the wave is Airjitsu Battle Grounds, which has been pretty elusive. Apparently my lcoal Target has it though, so I'll swing by sometime. It's not urgent as I'm currently focusing on getting Bionicle duplicates to build the Makuta combi model before everything goes away...

Anyway, going back to set discussion, all I need to complete the wave is Airjitsu Battle Grounds, which has been pretty elusive. Apparently my lcoal Target has it though, so I'll swing by sometime. It's not urgent as I'm currently focusing on getting Bionicle duplicates to build the Makuta combi model before everything goes away...

I've only found it in Target.

Any idea why the gargoyle/ghost ninja are named Chris and Martin? Seems a little odd, even for Ninjago...

I've only found it in Target.

Any idea why the gargoyle/ghost ninja are named Chris and Martin? Seems a little odd, even for Ninjago...

Yeah, it's a Target exclusive but I thought (incorrectly) that Lego stores would have them too...

Edited by legozebra