I have mixed feelings about that... but Jackie Chan as Sensei Wu ought to be good. :laugh: Also, I think the reason they did this is because it's easier to market movies whose casts aren't made up of people general audiences don't know. Now, I don't recognize any of these actors bar 2, but still...

Those preliminary figures though... :sick:

EDIT: If Cole wears brown, what about Dareth? :cry_sad:

Edited by PicnicBasketSam

Why didn't they just get the voice actors from the show since the show's audience already knows and loves them anyway? Do they really feel that having more high profile voice actors is going to attract new people to the franchise that wouldn't have been attracted if they kept the old cast?

Yes to the second part, and it will. It gives people another reason to see it if they have no interest in LEGO or ninjas.

Yaaaa who's gonna voice Dareth!?

Larry the Cable guy, because screw the TV show, we're making a movie franchise!

Why didn't they just get the voice actors from the show since the show's audience already knows and loves them anyway? Do they really feel that having more high profile voice actors is going to attract new people to the franchise that wouldn't have been attracted if they kept the old cast?

That and I'm pretty sure the show actors can't be in any other media. None of them were in Shadow of Ronin, that one Rebooted game, and Dimensions. Plus the Ninjago movie isn't canon to the show, so there technically doesn't have to be any continuity to voices, storylines, so on and so forth. So yeah, but listening to the cast in interviews, I think Warner/LEGO did a good job with cast.

Isn't it obvious? Nobody knows tv series actors! And big movies like this require star power, so movie cast is at least somewhat known. While I love Jackie Chan as Wu, and Dave Franko as Lloyd, I don't like the rest of the cast. But I understand why change was made, and it makes sense !

Let's keep the cast discussion for the movie thread, guys. The ninja look fairly traditional on one hand, but kind of dandy on the other, especially Jay. I think I can get used to the new hair styles, besides, new hairstyles in brick form are always welcome!

Anyway, Jay is going to be in the July magazine:

Isn't it obvious? Nobody knows tv series actors! And big movies like this require star power, so movie cast is at least somewhat known. While I love Jackie Chan as Wu, and Dave Franko as Lloyd, I don't like the rest of the cast. But I understand why change was made, and it makes sense !

Eh so be it then... I'd still have preferred the original cast. To me that is the heart and soul of the show and the characters and what gave it most of it's charm :(

I commend those magazines for very interesting weapon design. But it looks like they got a little lazy with this one, not gonna lie...

I commend those magazines for very interesting weapon design. But it looks like they got a little lazy with this one, not gonna lie...

I feel the same way, although it's not that bad to get a spare Zukin robe. No real interesting parts this time, aside from the small gold bar.

So is Samukai going to be in a set? I keep seeing him in promotions.

Probably in 2017.

I think next year will get S7 sets and S8 sets like this summer S6+S7 sets.

Is that one of the calendar promotional figures?

No idea it existed until about 10 minutes ago. :tongue:

No idea it existed until about 10 minutes ago. :tongue:

Do you think this kind of style is instead of the target cubes. If so should expect a city or DC one?

Wow , that's a weird packaging for minifigure! Maybe Lego is forgoing polybags and using boxes now? No matter, the minifigure is awesome, but it was expected I mean Cole was last stone armor minifigure missing until now.

Hmmm this might be like the cube. Nexo knights has one and now ninjago, very interesting.

I spy a new face for Cole ;)

Edited by amazingbricks

I love that minifigure! I may need to get two just for the new face.

Does that mean we have all the stone armor variants?

Yes it does.

Does that mean we have all the stone armor variants?

All the ones that were in episode 34, yeah. Now, there's no guarantee LEGO won't retroactively give Nya a version of this costume, just like how they retroactively gave Lloyd a DX costume in this set, but from what I read in the interviews from the new edition of the character encyclopedia, I imagine they'd rather move onto other costumes that were in the show.