Nexo knights, SW, DC, Marvel...

Pictures of the exclusive set should come any day...

The Samurai X cave is a much better cave than the recently released batcave. I wonder if the back of it will give us a great "tan style" look, like Jabba's palace from SW. If so, it would look epic in the background, with plenty other tan/desert builds & sets.

Nexo knights, SW, DC, Marvel...

Pictures of the exclusive set should come any day...

The Samurai X cave is a much better cave than the recently released batcave. I wonder if the back of it will give us a great "tan style" look, like Jabba's palace from SW. If so, it would look epic in the background, with plenty other tan/desert builds & sets.

I was hoping to find it revealed today, but no luck.. :look:

About the cave: agreed, and not only that: the Batman dune buggy is nothing compared to the awesome buggy-like Rock Roader in the Ninjago wave, while retail price and amount of minifigs are the same. (Not trying to start a DC vs Ninjago discussion here, but these pairs of sets appear quite alike.)

The x cave does look fantastic from the view we can see it at fir sure! I wonder if the back will have a tan rock structure with some bone detailing. Also do you guys think that those computer screens in the x cave are stickers or prints?

I was hoping to find it revealed today, but no luck.. :look:

About the cave: agreed, and not only that: the Batman dune buggy is nothing compared to the awesome buggy-like Rock Roader in the Ninjago wave, while retail price and amount of minifigs are the same. (Not trying to start a DC vs Ninjago discussion here, but these pairs of sets appear quite alike.)

Mind you, 76056 is maybe 40% vehicle and 60% scenery, whereas 70589 is like 90% vehicle and 10% scenery. So even though they're the same price point, it's not really fair to compare them based on the vehicle portions alone. There is a marked difference in complexity, though — 76056 is aimed at ages 6–12, while 70589 is aimed at ages 8–14. The target age range for Ninjago sets generally skews higher than the target age range for DC Super Heroes sets of the same size, aside from D2C sets (76023 The Tumbler is aimed higher than any Ninjago set even though 70751 Temple of Airjitzu is the same price with more pieces — probably due to the Tumbler's heavier use of Technic and large number of hinged segments).

The x cave does look fantastic from the view we can see it at fir sure! I wonder if the back will have a tan rock structure with some bone detailing. Also do you guys think that those computer screens in the x cave are stickers or prints?

My guess is stickers.

The Samurai X cave would be great for parts.

It is fantastic for parts! But I feel like once I buy it I will end up liking it too much to take it apart

Mind you, 76056 is maybe 40% vehicle and 60% scenery, whereas 70589 is like 90% vehicle and 10% scenery. So even though they're the same price point, it's not really fair to compare them based on the vehicle portions alone. There is a marked difference in complexity, though — 76056 is aimed at ages 6–12, while 70589 is aimed at ages 8–14. The target age range for Ninjago sets generally skews higher than the target age range for DC Super Heroes sets of the same size, aside from D2C sets (76023 The Tumbler is aimed higher than any Ninjago set even though 70751 Temple of Airjitzu is the same price with more pieces — probably due to the Tumbler's heavier use of Technic and large number of hinged segments).

I expected somebody was going to point this out, but especially you! :tongue::laugh: But it's a very valid point, focus and target audience are different indeed.

Okay, so Japan releases sets June 3rd at least on Amazon. But they won't sell to the US.

North America has August.

I know that AmazonUK had the Ninjago sets up for "PreSale" but the sets have since removed. I have money set aside for the Samurai X Cave, the Ultra Stealth Raider, and the Lighthouse and if the pop up on AmazonUk, I'll pay the shipping costs and the slight upcharge...

Okay, so Japan releases sets June 3rd at least on Amazon. But they won't sell to the US.

North America has August.

I know that AmazonUK had the Ninjago sets up for "PreSale" but the sets have since removed. I have money set aside for the Samurai X Cave, the Ultra Stealth Raider, and the Lighthouse and if the pop up on AmazonUk, I'll pay the shipping costs and the slight upcharge...

Where I live will probably have them on the fifth of June, they always start selling new sets on Sunday. I'll like post a reply here if I saw anything.

It's really a shame that the Skybound army pack hasn't been sighted again, I'm sooo looking forward to good pictures of that one! Just a few more weeks until the first reviews are there...

Something I recently noticed: the 'two on one side' katana holder allowes the blades to be slided in (from above) in whichever way you prefer; the blade tips will never get in each other's way. This is due to a very subtle angle that each blade slot has, quite elegant and clever solution, in my opinion.

Where I live will probably have them on the fifth of June, they always start selling new sets on Sunday. I'll like post a reply here if I saw anything.

Awesome, thanks NinjaJayNuva, I wonder how much it would cost to import them fron China....

Alas, picture of the Airjitzu Battle Grounds!

OLhmvsg.png

ndfYpNd.png

Of course, huge ones here (add _alt and then a number 1-10 after the set number): http://cache.lego.co...1&fmt=png-alpha

I put some bigger sized ones in this Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/RS1Tg

Also, I think just about all the other Summer 2016 pictures are on the cache. So somebody better get to pulling those! :grin:

Edited by just2good

Not sure how I feel about this set, it looks like beefed up spinjitsu arena from 2011 line. Minifigures are ok, Yang is cool to see in cheaper set, his ghost students are passable. Airjitsu versions of Lloyd and Nya aren't really that great to me, since I didn't like Airjitsu minifigures from last years flyers. So definitely not a set for me, there are definitely much better sets in summer wave, but I can see a lot of kids liking this set.

Oh my gosh, Airjitzu Battle Grounds is better than I could ever have hoped for! :D Sensei Yang, two of his pupils, new Airjitzu launching mechanisms, AND Airjitzu versions of Lloyd and Nya! Pinch me, I'm dreaming! :drool: It's a beautiful looking set to boot!

That is flipping incredible! I'd long wanted Airjitzu versions of Lloyd and Nya, and to get both of them in a fantastic arena set like this is... well, Just2Good! :tongue:

The mechanism here looks extremely intriguing, the architecture looks fantastic... my only regret is that I had hoped to maybe get a "throwback" version of Skylor this year, and while I still hope to get that at some point, this is even better than I could have hoped for.

So Airjitzuey! Much battley! Very grounded!

In all seriousness, I love it. :drool:

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Holy crap, Airjitsu Nya and Lloyd look awesome, will definitely add them to my collection.

*oh2*:drool::excited: I can only agree with comments above; this is absolutely flipping fantastically amazingly outrageously stunningly - quite expectedly :tongue: - INCREDIBLE!!! :cry_happy::wub:

J2G you're awesome. People of all the eurobricks theme thread's owe you one ;)

I would have hoped for more asian style building structure (which was the reason why I got into Ninjago), but the dominant playfeatures were to be expected.

So for what is's supposted to be it's as always Lego's finest work - kids will love it.

Note: we'll also get the former "ninjawraps" on our protagonists, not the one's currently used. The ghots even use the classic ones from the early 2000's.

By the way, have we ever gotten that color of the classic headwraps that the ghosts are using? I don't think we have, which is awesome!

By the way, have we ever gotten that color of the classic headwraps that the ghosts are using? I don't think we have, which is awesome!

nope! And I'll be definitely using that to have a Zukin yellow skinned Zane stripped of the metallic bits, basically a grey ninja. So glad with the fig selection!! :sweet: