"There may be a new ninja next season." Thabks Hageman brothers!!! Also I don't want this to be the last season...I'll have nothing to do after that...just kidding...kinda

Also the owner of BrickFan said they is something bigger and badder than the Overlord.

Yeah, he said the Preeminent.

This is the pic we are talking about. It's on the "Future of Ninjago" thread, but I think we need it here too:

There are no clips attached to it. go here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/19029160944/in/dateposted/

I have some news...

I think I found pictures of some leaked Ninjago sets!

http://sta.sh/0ztb11k519k

I don't know If I'm the first one to post this...

Fake. Builds are laughable, lego's confidental sign looks nothing like that on earlier prelims, and just2good confirmed it. You can clearly see this was made in Microsoft paint.

Edited by Cagast

Is it 5 sets with or without Airjitzu? Or is Airjitzu already cancelled?

Perhaps the five sets are ONLY Airjitzu, and the rest of the range will be released in March or something?

March releases kinda suck. I understand placing them apart for the sake of advertisement and marketing purposes. But to a young college consumer like me self, it's dumb. I hope however it is just Airjitzu. I have "high" hopes for these suckers. And given enough love by Lego I'm sure they'll really...fly...

Seems a bit small...but I really hope we don't get a new DB, that would render te current one old. I could see a redesign for the Movie, but not for the pirates.

5 is smaller than the 2013 wave, but we could also see exclusives. It were the amount of Airjitzu sets that also seems small unless they won't be rereleasing sets for the four ninja that got them this year. I would to see transparent versions of the spinners eventually

Is it 5 sets with or without Airjitzu? Or is Airjitzu already cancelled?

Perhaps the five sets are ONLY Airjitzu, and the rest of the range will be released in March or something?

When legomilk advised me that he had heard there were 5 sets in the upcoming 2016 wave, I asked him if he could clarify whether these were building sets or Airjitsu launchers. I have not heard back from him yet but I'm going to venture a guess that these are the actual building sets and that there will probably be a retail exclusive or 2 to round out the wave. As for Airjitsu, at SDCC Lego showed the development of that line and all of the engineering, etc. that went into it. They look to have spent a lot of time and resources on it, so I imagine that we will get another wave of launchers.

As for a new DB, given that they just released a flagship set of that model, I agree that would put the chance of it being in the 2016 wave at zero. As for the 5 being all launchers and not new sets until March....that I don't know. But I could see it happening given the large amount of sets released this year. But if the new action line is going to launch in February - March like Chima did, then it might make sense to release a smaller wave of Ninjago sets earlier (around Christmas) and let the other line have the early 2016 spotlight.

I don't want to see them remake the DB just for pirates. Kind of makes "The Last Voyage" even more noticeably redundant after season 5. Would they even need to remake the set anyway?

Exactly! If we are in fact only gettin 5 sets why waste it on a boat already available. Maybe an enemy ship that's smaller lik the brick bounty just not at the Same price.

Or even a submarine. It would interesting to see a classic tube-shaped submarine design in Ninjago. Although, what with the sky pirates thing, that would probably make even less sense than some of the other ideas I've had.

I except the biggest thing to be pirate Airship. And since theme is sky pirates, airjitzu is guaranteed.

True, I wouldn't mind more Airjitzu/Set mash ups like the REX. That is by far the coolest part of any of the Ninjago set IMO, just because the design of the ship allows for the Flyer and incorporates the the game aspect to it. If me and my college buddies (I assume I'll have ;) ) decide to "play" with my flyers I definalty use the REX

I don't want to see them remake the DB just for pirates. Kind of makes "The Last Voyage" even more noticeably redundant after season 5. Would they even need to remake the set anyway?

I know right, we only got the DB twice.

If Ninjago is an evergreen theme now, I believe the Destiny's Bounty is going to be like Star Wars' Millenium Falcon or City's everything.

Not really, I didn't like how the set was called 'Final Flight', as the Destiny's Bounty wasn't destroyed (yet?).

Exactly! If we are in fact only gettin 5 sets why waste it on a boat already available. Maybe an enemy ship that's smaller lik the brick bounty just not at the Same price.

I except the biggest thing to be pirate Airship. And since theme is sky pirates, airjitzu is guaranteed.

True, I wouldn't mind more Airjitzu/Set mash ups like the REX. That is by far the coolest part of any of the Ninjago set IMO, just because the design of the ship allows for the Flyer and incorporates the the game aspect to it.

I think that a largest set being/containing a pirate airship is all but guaranteed. If the next season is set in Cloud City, I could see the flagship set being a large pirate vessel and a cloud city building. I think that we will probably get one large pirate ship and a smaller one in one of the other sets.

As to the design of the ships, I thought that they might go with more of a "barge" design as opposed to ships with sails. Flat top with wings/engines on the sides/back would give more surface area to mount weapons and display minifigs and would also be a design departure from the large number of sailing ships sets that have already been released and purchased by Lego's customers. They could even go with a design similar to the Sand Skiffs in Return of the Jedi.