just2good always seems to know about future sets. I think I heard that that was due to retailer catalogs.

1000% fake.

Dang...

I really want the boxes to be dark blue hue. Especially since the theme is pirate (and there fore potentially ocean) themed.

I'd also love to have black/gray Ninjago boxes in the future too.

You don't have to answer, but do you have Preliminaries already?

just2good always seems to know about future sets. I think I heard that that was due to retailer catalogs.

Some board members have access to "inside information" through various means. Usually, they are able to access the retailer catalog through industry contacts or they know someone who works at Lego. They are great sources of information for us and have always been very helpful and accomodating. That said, I'm sure they have to be extremely careful as to what and when they reveal stuff. I'm sure the NDA's signed by anyone that works for Lego are quite strict with breaches resulting in termination of employment.

Retailers are also under NDA's when they receive their catalogs although, that is usually where leaks occur since they are far more difficult to track/catch. At this point, I doubt that the 2016 retail catalog is even in circulation and probably won't be for another month or so. As much as I would love to get some info on the 2016 sets, I think it's still a bit early.

For those of you who have seen all of season 5 then you've seen Kai in his headband. I really hope the ninja get versions of there hair with the headbands added in. Thatwoukd be sooooo cool and would fit the pirate motif.

I'm still hoping for new face prints, I hate them to look so angry/serious!

Now you remembered me of the 4 minifigure box with Stone Armor Kai. Is it out? I think he has smiling face in that set.

I'm still hoping for new face prints, I hate them to look so angry/serious!

Good point. Now that most sets seem to feature ninja with both hoods and hair, there's very little excuse for why the ninja can't have double-sided heads with multiple expressions. Even Chima did that, despite the eyes being the only part of the face visible from behind the animal headpieces!

Anyone care to speculate as to the number of sets we will get in the Winter 2016 wave?

In 2014, we got a 7 set winter wave and a 2 set summer wave.

In 2015, we got an 11 set winter wave and a 9 set summer wave (plus Airjitsu sets).

Question is, was 2015 an anomaly and do we go back to a more typical 7 (or so) set wave? Or given the success of the line, is a large wave now a new norm for Ninjago? I'm inclined to say that assuming we get another wave of Airjitsu launchers, I think that a 7-8 set wave is more likely. I think that plays out something like this:

- 1 - Impulse set (90-120 pieces)

- 2 - Small sets (190-220 pieces)

- 1 - Medium sets (300-330 pieces)

- 2 - Large sets (425-550 pieces)

- 1 - "Halo" set (700 + pieces)

- 1 - Retailer Exclusive set (300-330 pieces)

If it's a 7 set wave, I think that there will be probably one less small set.

Overall, I would like to see Lego continue to emphasize the 200-350 piece sets as the last couple of years have had some very strong sets in that range. Also, from a pricing standpoint, those sets are more accessible to parents and kids.

I expect Ninjago will continue to flow back and forth as far as its presence in the LEGO lineup. With a rumored new big story theme coming up next year (not to mention the current wave hitting a peak for marketing push), I would think next year it will take a back seat again, at least for the winter.

I think the first wave of 2016 will probably be around as substantial as either of this year's waves. Unless, of course, pushing the Ninjago movie to 2016 also meant delaying the planned sets to that point, and they have to settle for a smaller wave as "filler". But after already having one "filler wave" in 2013 and finally getting the theme back to near the popularity it had before that (observe the search interest on Google Trends), I doubt LEGO would be in any hurry to do that to the theme a second time.

Anyone care to speculate as to the number of sets we will get in the Winter 2016 wave?

In 2014, we got a 7 set winter wave and a 2 set summer wave.

In 2015, we got an 11 set winter wave and a 9 set summer wave (plus Airjitsu sets).

Question is, was 2015 an anomaly and do we go back to a more typical 7 (or so) set wave? Or given the success of the line, is a large wave now a new norm for Ninjago? I'm inclined to say that assuming we get another wave of Airjitsu launchers, I think that a 7-8 set wave is more likely. I think that plays out something like this:

- 1 - Impulse set (90-120 pieces)

- 2 - Small sets (190-220 pieces)

- 1 - Medium sets (300-330 pieces)

- 2 - Large sets (425-550 pieces)

- 1 - "Halo" set (700 + pieces)

- 1 - Retailer Exclusive set (300-330 pieces)

If it's a 7 set wave, I think that there will be probably one less small set.

Overall, I would like to see Lego continue to emphasize the 200-350 piece sets as the last couple of years have had some very strong sets in that range. Also, from a pricing standpoint, those sets are more accessible to parents and kids.

2014 was the anomaly. Due to demand, Lego had to quickly make up some sets, and with a more limited amount of time.

Also, this is more likely for one wave:

- 3 - Small sets (90-220 pieces)

- 2/3 - Medium sets (240-550 pieces)

- 2/3 - Large sets (600-900 pieces)

- 1 - Flagship set (1,000 + pieces) (this is typically a "Summer only" type of set)

- 1/2 - Retailer Exclusive set (300-330 pieces)

Also,as an example, here's a total of this year's sets as a whole (excludes Airjitzu Flyers, and the Temple)

- 7 - Small sets (90-220 pieces)

- 5 - Medium sets (240-550 pieces)

- 4 - Large sets (600-900 pieces)

- 1 - Flagship set (1,000 + pieces)

- 4 - Retailer Exclusive set (300-330 pieces)

So, this rather hint-heavy exchange took place over in the Castle 2016 thread...

I doubt that we'll get ships, what with Ninjago hitting the high seas next year.

Why settle for the seas when you could aim for the clouds?

I like your thinking very much! :innocent2:

Yeah, but he could be referring to the new Action/Castle theme having air based/flying sets. That thread started with a comment about the new Action/Castle theme not getting boats because of the upcoming Ninjago pirate wave. The next comment said "why settle for the seas when you could aim for the clouds". I assume that since this was in the other thread then the 2nd poster was referring to the Action/Castle theme and not Ninjago. So, assuming that just2good was following the theme of the thread and posting in the other forum, then I take his comment to be about that theme and not Ninjago notwithstanding the mention of Ninjago in passing in the first post.

Having said that though, a Castle-type theme with pirate airships does not make a huge amount of sense. Pirate airships or "Sky Pirates" (given that boat/pirate sets have been abundant recently) seem to fit better into Ninjago and allows for a different take on the Pirate theme.

So, this rather hint-heavy exchange took place over in the Castle 2016 thread...

That wasn't referring to Ninjago, I don't think.

*Flying Castles*

Because every all-seeing nation needs to have some significance.

Shame. I was looking forward to having water based vehicles for all of the Ninja.

That wasn't referring to Ninjago, I don't think.

*Flying Castles*

In the TV (this might be relevant to the sets, mind you) the ninja visited a city in the clouds called "Cloud Kingdom." The main form of transportation was flying boats, so the whole idea of sky pirates isn't very far fetched. Although we'll probably get a sky castle as well.

Sky pirates make me want steampunk... :wub:

Darn it, just2good, just spill us with your 2goodness already!!!

Edited by Penkid11

In the TV (this might be relevant to the sets, mind you) the ninja visited a city in the clouds called "Cloud Kingdom." The main form of transportation was flying boats, so the whole idea of sky pirates isn't very far fetched. Although we'll probably get a sky castle as well.

Sky pirates make me want steampunk... :wub:

Darn it, just2good, just spill us with your 2goodness already!!!

Never mind. Ninjago is getting the airship pirates, not Castle. Castle is getting something equally as wacky though.... :grin:

[

Never mind. Ninjago is getting the airship pirates, not Castle. Castle is getting something equally as wacky though.... :grin:

I can deal with SkyPirates that would be different from this years pirates series.

Thanks BrickJagger for that information. Much appreciated!

I'm glad to hear that Ninjago is going in this direction as opposed to more typical water-based vehicles.

I agree with LegendsOfNinjago and I was wondering how, given the recent proliferation of pirate/boat sets Ninjago was going to differentiate their offering. "Sky Pirates" allows for more design freedom/flexibility and different takes on what could be a "Pirate Vessel". Maybe they go with more of an "Air Barge" look with wings instead of sails. They could even go with a "Ninjago Heli-Carrier" type concept. I would also expect to see the new gatling gun and srping shooter units taking the place of the more traditional cannons.

Hopefully our "insiders" can give us some more information soon! :wink:

Seems logical, this year was way too much focused on water, so normal Pirate theme doesn't make much sense.

Yesterday, I sent legomilk a message asking him if he had any information on the upcoming 2016 Ninjago sets. This was his response:

legomilk

German Correspondent

• av-513.jpg?_r=0
  • member_knight.gif

• Member: 513

Sent Today, 03:38 PM

Ninjago 2016 Yes 5 sets

Thanks legomilk for the information. It is greatly appreciated!!

I asked legomilk if he can clarify as to whether this is for mainline sets or if this is the number of Airjitsu sets in the next wave. I'll post when I hear back from him.

Edited by TPLSTER21

Seems a bit small...but I really hope we don't get a new DB, that would render te current one old. I could see a redesign for the Movie, but not for the pirates.

5 is smaller than the 2013 wave, but we could also see exclusives. It were the amount of Airjitzu sets that also seems small unless they won't be rereleasing sets for the four ninja that got them this year. I would to see transparent versions of the spinners eventually

Seems a bit small...but I really hope we don't get a new DB, that would render te current one old. I could see a redesign for the Movie, but not for the pirates.

5 is smaller than the 2013 wave, but we could also see exclusives. It were the amount of Airjitzu sets that also seems small unless they won't be rereleasing sets for the four ninja that got them this year. I would to see transparent versions of the spinners eventually

Well after 2 large waves, I think peoples wallets need a rest.