Tags: Vehicle, Exploration

Job: Explorer

After getting the lava samples from Mynderis, I was sent to explore the plains of Aeristus, using my new C-1 speeder. It was a relief to see there weren't any ferocious aliens for once...

19431775649_9822d102c9_z.jpg

They wanted me to analyze the dirt and plants there, so I got out some gizmos and gadgets from the back of my speeder and went to work.

19430336808_1c45c6bab1_z.jpg

18997442323_2d5cd3fb9a_z.jpg

19592180696_322b5fbd1e_z.jpg

A few more shots of the build:

19611373092_102ae06149_z.jpg

18995793694_4bb7d530d6_z.jpg

19430352858_fbc7b8f79c_z.jpg

More pics here: Link

C&C welcome

Edited by LittleJohn

Every explorer needs some gizmos and gadgets in the trunk!

The black stalks are fabulous as alien plant life and the color variation is expertly done in the underground (something I need to work more on). I like the overall shape of the speeder--it reminds me of the 1-2 man scooters that techs drive around the factory I work in, good industrial vibe :thumbup: --but I think the piece you used as the trunk cover is a bit odd. A brick-built solution might have been better there.

Very nice build LJ, the ground layering is great and the tree is really excellent! :wink: Neat barrel-worm and speeder too! :thumbup:

Great job on those black plants :thumbup: The ground is really nice - I love the details like the worm and the tree's roots! :wub:

Awesome terrain. I really like that tree, but this realistic approach to layers of sediment and rock (Kabel must love it!) is trending and you're particularly great at it, LJ!

Nice sandworm, speeder and tree. My only critique is that with the black parts sticking out of the ground your "tools" really sort of blend in. Ideally if you had them in gray or another color it would be easier to differentiate them.

That landscaping is really well done! I like how you made the cutaway sides detailed.

The use of the technic pins for the black plants is great!

This base is amazing. The tree trunk bothers me a little bit, as does the barreled-bodied worm, but the detail you took to show the roots and other underground features is really cool.

ha, awesome...good build, nice use of the barrels :thumbup:

Thank you! :classic:

the terrain and the underground section look great!

Thanks, glad you like it :classic:

That ground is just too cool!

Thanks, Graham!

Nice touch with the worm thing underground! I like the use of the black technic pieces for plants!

Thanks, Andrew! I was pleased with how the technic pieces look for plants too :classic:

Every explorer needs some gizmos and gadgets in the trunk!

The black stalks are fabulous as alien plant life and the color variation is expertly done in the underground (something I need to work more on). I like the overall shape of the speeder--it reminds me of the 1-2 man scooters that techs drive around the factory I work in, good industrial vibe :thumbup: --but I think the piece you used as the trunk cover is a bit odd. A brick-built solution might have been better there.

:laugh: Yup! Thanks, mrcp6d! And I agree, a brick-built solution probably would've worked better :classic:

I like the barrel worm!

Thanks, SS! :classic:

Very nice build LJ, the ground layering is great and the tree is really excellent! :wink: Neat barrel-worm and speeder too! :thumbup:

Thanks, Garm! Glad you like the speeder :classic:

Great job on those black plants :thumbup: The ground is really nice - I love the details like the worm and the tree's roots! :wub:

Thanks, Big Sal! Glad you noticed the tree roots! :sweet:

The black flora is brilliantly done! Great build!

Thanks, Mike!

Awesome terrain. I really like that tree, but this realistic approach to layers of sediment and rock (Kabel must love it!) is trending and you're particularly great at it, LJ!

Thanks, mccoyed! Glad you think so :sweet:

Nice sandworm, speeder and tree. My only critique is that with the black parts sticking out of the ground your "tools" really sort of blend in. Ideally if you had them in gray or another color it would be easier to differentiate them.

Thanks! Yea, it would've been nice if they were in another color. Thanks for the suggestion! :classic:

Great work LJ!

Thank you! :classic:

I like the stratification underground and the barrel worm! :thumbup:

Thanks, aeralure!

Really nice landscaping here!

Thanks, Robuko! Glad you like it :classic:

That landscaping is really well done! I like how you made the cutaway sides detailed.

The use of the technic pins for the black plants is great!

Thanks, David! Glad you like it :sweet:

This base is amazing. The tree trunk bothers me a little bit, as does the barreled-bodied worm, but the detail you took to show the roots and other underground features is really cool.

Thanks, goatman! Glad you like the roots :classic: