Sign in to follow this  
PeroTheLegoman

Caribbean Brig MOC (6274 Caribbean Clipper)

Hello,

would like to present one simple and classic design. I 'm pretty sure you are all well familiar with the Caribbean Clipper (set no. 6274). And while my dream ship was the Black Seas Barracuda, I always yearned for the blue sails of the imperial soldiers. Even though I never had the set, I always found it to be lacking compared to the big pirate ships. So once I had my hands on the complete BSB, I also got myself a 70ish percent complete set of the BSB that I used to modify and enlarge the complete one. What I was left with was enough pieces to build my own redention of the Caribbean Clipper. Where I found it lacking was not in the style itself, but I found it to be too short in lenght, and lacking a second full mast. And for the past years I 've been building it slowly with extra parts I was left with from other creations.

It's nothing that special, it's quite simple actually, but I hope I managed to catch that "Classic pirates" vibe I really love :)

19619704342_f9ba97722d_z.jpg

pirates-indexed.gif Brig - Two Masts - Two Square Sails on the Main 21C

19005811853_e83567a475_z.jpg

19600586706_1c6f8bfb99_z.jpg

19438721780_3548101014_z.jpg

And ofcourse the bow and stern

19620023622_b8ed4fd4c9_z.jpg

19626777485_b057f1ba20_z.jpg

I hope you'll like it guys

Love it! I really like the way you did the furled sails. You did a great job with making it look like the CC, but throwing in your own twists. And I do like the scene you placed it in very much.

Thanks guys. Hopefully TLG will finaly do justice to the blue coats with a grand ship of their own :)

Let's hope so. Until then we'll just have to keep building our own!

As much as I always liked the old Caribbean Clipper, it just never was big enough or detailed enough to challenge the BSB. This isn't huge and still isn't heavily armed but overall it looks more balanced than the Clipper - especially that fully-rigged second mast. You've done a pretty good job of building something familiar that could easily substitute for the official set. The white stripe surrounded by black always looks good and the collection of treasure chests should make Gov. Broadsides happy. The cabin might benefit from a little more external polish, but other than that, good work!

Yeah, the cabin is missing some detail. The whole interior is actually. But it's a third ship that is slowly being made by spare parts left from other builds, altought I am pretty much happy with the exterior atm :)