efferman

42043 - MB Arocs 3245 Mods and Improvements

Finally bought this set for $173. Much better deal than that Porsche :sweet: . Looking forward to modding it too

I have bought new 42043 set and i want make it full motorized.

so, can you sent needed new parts(without its original parts) for make it motorized.

which part i should buy?(pins, gears,axles...etc)

if you have you can sent LDD files.

thank you for your interest.

Hi, I don't know how to create a LDD or anything like that, I just make stuff out of my head, and alot of trial and error, assembly and disassembly. This is the video I used to make it r/c, its quite simple

The major pieces you will need is a power functions servo motor, receiver and remote control and this gear http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=32498#T=S&O={} Hope this helps.

JGW3000 The XL motor is just for the tipper. The truck is driven by the L motor that the truck comes with in place of the fake engine. It is slow but useable.

Hi, I don't know how to create a LDD or anything like that, I just make stuff out of my head, and alot of trial and error, assembly and disassembly. This is the video I used to make it r/c, its quite simple

The major pieces you will need is a power functions servo motor, receiver and remote control and this gear http://alpha.brickli...=32498#T=S&O={} Hope this helps.

JGW3000 The XL motor is just for the tipper. The truck is driven by the L motor that the truck comes with in place of the fake engine. It is slow but useable.

thank you for your interest.

i will continue to search needed parts for make motorized.

They are slowly coming to life ;)

800x450.jpg

The carrier is almost done, now it's time for the the fun part - gearing inside the superstructure...

I really like this 42043 alternative. Do you still plan to make instructions for it? :classic:

I really like this 42043 alternative. Do you still plan to make instructions for it? :classic:

Yes, but I had some other things to do lately. It will be finished, but I can not specify when exactly.

Current status:

800x450.jpg

Most of the mechanisms of the superstructure are done, only thing left to do is the boom and covering those gears.

Edited by M_longer

Great model, i'm looking for the instruction and i'm sure i'm not the onely one.

Very cood job.

I'll gladly get my 42009 back together again (ultimate sbrick version that is) to compare it with this model C!

I finished building the Arocs a few weeks ago, and I have to say it is probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite set. I started modding it, and added a few cosmetic things and changed out the front shocks, but the next thing I wanted to do was lower the truck by one stud. IMO the truck looks a bit tall compared to the real thing

19505950rl.jpg

19200282962_09f25877ac_c.jpg

(Photo credit to JIm, from his review)

So, I lowered the suspension on all the axles by one stud. This required some work, but I got it to work on the rear axles; however, I am currently struggling with the front axle.

The problem is the steering linkage. In the original front axle the linkage is 2 studs high. Here's a picture for reference

800x762.jpg

However, once I lowered the truck, the linkage collided with the chassis giving almost no suspension travel.

I tried a few ideas for something one stud tall, but none of them were stable

800x442.jpg

800x802.jpg

The problem is the blue friction pin moves the linkage around too much, and there is a steering arm that attaches to the ball pin in the center. Here's a picture of the chassis without the axle

800x450.jpg

So, I need a rigid linkage that would only be one stud tall.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Rishab N

Hey Rishab, do you think this could work?:

42043 Steering linkages. by Saberwing007, on Flickr

I've got a design, it's the one on the right, yours is on the left. I've actually been working a lot on my own mod, but it is on hold, because I'm building a Porsche. :grin:

Thanks to both of you! Simple yet effective

Edited by Rishab N

Double post, but here are my Arocs modifications

I lowered the truck by a stud and I think it looks a lot better. It loses some up and down travel, but side to side still works fine. I also lowered the second mudguard by a stud as that is more accurate to the real life truck; however, it results in the wheel colliding with the mudguard when the suspension is compressed, and the wheels are at their max angle. Added a few cosmetic modifications too. The crane looks very out of scale, so I may attempt to change that next.

800x665.jpg

800x399.jpg

I also changed out the suspension for the front axle as it was too hard. Putting one soft spring(From the 8448) resulted in the front sagging a little, so I doubled the springs and it works perfectly

800x1005.jpg

Edited by Rishab N

800x450.jpg

The CAD file is almost done. It is missing inner part of the boom, cab on the superstructure, counterweight and few other elements. I have some major problems with pneumatic cylinders and clamshell parts, becuase my MLCad does not see them in the folders. But I am working on it...

Double post, but here are my Arocs modifications

I lowered the truck by a stud and I think it looks a lot better. It loses some up and down travel, but side to side still works fine. I also lowered the second mudguard by a stud as that is more accurate to the real life truck; however, it results in the wheel colliding with the mudguard when the suspension is compressed, and the wheels are at their max angle. Added a few cosmetic modifications too. The crane looks very out of scale, so I may attempt to change that next.

I also changed out the suspension for the front axle as it was too hard. Putting one soft spring(From the 8448) resulted in the front sagging a little, so I doubled the springs and it works perfectly

Could you make some instructions or photos off how you've done it.

Do not own the set yet, but maybe over son time I will.

Love the better stands of it.

More realistic.

800x450.jpg

The CAD file is almost done. It is missing inner part of the boom, cab on the superstructure, counterweight and few other elements. I have some major problems with pneumatic cylinders and clamshell parts, becuase my MLCad does not see them in the folders. But I am working on it...

Nice, thanks in advance! :classic:

Almost done. Except pneumatic tubbing and a string.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

I hope that instructions will be finished under two weeks from now. Keep fingers crossed.

Almost done. Except pneumatic tubbing and a string.

I hope that instructions will be finished under two weeks from now. Keep fingers crossed.

Great, can't wait to build it! :sweet:

I'm curious how this performes compared to the original lego versions. https://thelegocarblog.com/tag/42009/

Btw great c model ������������

Well, it has four motorized functions, which is less than 42009, but same as 42008. Three axle steering (which is a little wobbly due to using gears instead of gear racks and weight of the model) vs four axle steering in 42009. Outriggers are made in style of 8421 (and V6 fake engine is also powered by third axle), and the boom is raised by pneumatic cylinders like in 8460. But it has function that was not present in all this sets - turning the whole superstructure by knob on the back.

I am struggling with Lpub & LDView right now, becuase it crashes almost at end of the editing :/

800x450.jpg

Which is very frustrating, because instruction is almost done :/

Edited by M_longer

well done M_Longer! and thank you for making instructions.

But i'm wondering from where these LBG curved panels of the boom are - are these part of the 42043?? where in the A-model are thes built in? Just from the pics of the Arocs i can't locate them...

But i'm wondering from where these LBG curved panels of the boom are - are these part of the 42043?? where in the A-model are thes built in? Just from the pics of the Arocs i can't locate them...

They are from the dump bed of the Arocs;)