efferman

42043 - MB Arocs 3245 Mods and Improvements

Hey guys. Im new here ( please dont be to harsh on my mods. not as anvanced as some of you guys).

Ive followed this thread before I bought my kit and there are some great improvements here. this is some small things I did to make it a bit more fun for me (im use to the older pneumatic sets so this was new for me).

IMG_7384_zps2oq4jwtt.jpg

IMG_7385_zps8muryghk.jpg

First thing I noticed was the outriggers. I wasnt much of a fan about have to turn the arm down so i changed that to small pneumatic pumps. THey dont lift the truck due to the wieght but for me they add another fun function. Ill be ordering some extra parts soon so that will probably get a relook to make it work a bit better.

IMG_7387_zpsuum4of0s.jpg

I added a 5th switch

IMG_7386_zpsvaa1445m.jpg

IMG_7388_zpswxragjcj.jpg

IMG_7389_zpsm6fwzcvq.jpg

I read that the pneumatics require quite a bit of air for them to function and no air tank was included in the kit so that was my second job. Finding a place for the tank without it looking out of place was quite a mission but i managed to make a way underneath the cab.

IMG_7390_zpsw4xwdzak.jpg

I removed a few of the stabilzer bars and the beam behind the cab

IMG_7391_zpsc1ueqne8.jpg

I replace the beam behind the cab with this one in front.

IMG_7392_zpsxtwmxszd.jpg

Ill add a video soon showing the movement once the tank fills up.

I found the arm of the crane to be a bit weak in one spot so I added this piece ( with the limited pieces i have)

IMG_7393_zpsjsrl1ltp.jpg

and lastly was the bucket. I added a few piecese just o make it swivel a bit more.

IMG_7394_zpsixwhoo5o.jpg

IMG_7395_zpsddhxupy3.jpg

About the outriggers pneumatic hoses, where they go when outriggers are all in? Cause they must be long as the ouriggers move out...

Hey im new to

I like your outrigger idea

Myself am working on a double extendable outrigger but its stil very hard to make

I get a lot of inspiration here

B.t.w. im from the netherlands

So my english is not so great

Hello Efferman,

Are there going to be instructions for your complete modifications on the Arocs, love the looks, way better then the original.

Little changes to my Mod of the B Model

400x300.jpg400x300.jpg400x300.jpg400x300.jpg

3 way tipper bed inspired by Efferman Thanks video;

800x533.jpg

And modified the rear

I am building a trailer to accompany this little truck and will post picture hopefully by tomorrow.

Thanks

Looks great. Looking forward to the daytime pictures.

For lighter models my lowloader works fine. But the 42030 is definitely too heavy. Some improvement is needed on this...

I still want to build a trailer, but I'm just waiting to buy a second Arocs on sale for parts...

That's what I did with my Arocs...

Two of them I guess, or did you just change it for the pictures... :classic: Okay, nice mods as far as I can tell. I am not that much into sets, but this is nice! Can you tell whether the coupling for the trailer, so called fifth wheel, is about the same hight as set 8258? Just curious...

Two of them I guess, or did you just change it for the pictures... :classic:

I bought 4 of the original sets and built both of my models out of it :-)

Can you tell whether the coupling for the trailer, so called fifth wheel, is about the same hight as set 8258? Just curious...

Good question. I don't own the 8258 set so I can't tell for sure. But you can change the coupling hight of my lowloader via the 2 big line actuators. So th loader can be easily coupled on different hights...

Very nice models you got there ed-orange, I wish i could build a trailer for my 42043 too bad I have only one :blush: . As far as the coupling for the trailer I think the Merc is a little taller then 8258, I have both of them and if I look at the chassis they are not the same height.

Not sure if i can post this here but it's still a Arocs mod (WIP)

Been working on this for a while now and I'm satisfied with the look for the Cab

400x400.jpg400x400.jpg

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

Siegfried your cab looks good but it's a bit "flat" around the corners...I think to round them a bit more would help a lot! On the side view you may want to fold the pillar/beam a bit more....so the from part of the roof starts 1 or 2 studs backwards.

Also the black front wheelarches could be 2 studs thick.....at the moment they are only 1 stud thick..the same as the 42043....but since your's it's a bigger scale model then you should give it more "presence"...

Edited by TheItalianBrick

Also the black front wheelarches could be 2 studs thick....but since your's it's a bigger scale model then you should give it more "presence"...

Thanks

That has been bothering me too and I'm still pondering how to improve the wheel arches as they currently don't do it for me either...