efferman

42043 - MB Arocs 3245 Mods and Improvements

Hello Eurobrickers!

Today I would like to show you my modification of Arocs. There's a contest on LUGPol, about building truck with cab from 42043. So far I have rebuilt cab in red, as M_Longer. It will be Arocs as a fire truck

IMG_3295.jpgIMG_3296.jpgIMG_3297.jpgIMG_3298.jpg

Oh sorry, wrong pictures :D

I thought to build something like

, but unfortunatelly I have to resign and it will be like this

IMG_3300.jpgIMG_3301.jpgIMG_3302.jpgIMG_3303.jpgIMG_3308.jpgIMG_3309.jpgIMG_3310.jpg

I know, that is 42009 chassis, but my Bronto

was based on the chassis 42009 set, but don`t worry, it will be different configuration, like this O_OO--OO_

I don`t like stickers, co I used Technic Connector as a handle of the door

IMG_3304.jpgIMG_3305.jpg

The same with a sunroof

IMG_3306.jpgIMG_3307.jpg

Long, long time ago, I`ve started to build another a fire truck, but now important for me, it is to build Arocs as the fire truck

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3311.jpgIMG_3312.jpgIMG_3313.jpgIMG_3315.jpg

Hello Eurobrickers!

Today I would like to show you my modification of Arocs. There's a contest on LUGPol, about building truck with cab from 42043. So far I have rebuilt cab in red, as M_Longer. It will be Arocs as a fire truck

I think you should add another pair of doors as on your firetruck.

Looks really good!

Hey Everyone.....

Not sure if anyone remembers or has heard of Artifex Creations. They used to have a site but it looks like they are revamping it and it is down, which is a shame because I wanted to show the lighting kit they put out years ago for the Unimog. It was pretty cool stuff. Although I didn't buy their kit, I have many lights from the folks at lifelites.com (third-party lighting kits for Lego builds). Anyways, thought I would put together a kit for the new Arocs. Here are some pics.

1440458949m_DISPLAY.jpg

14404568291_DISPLAY.jpg

14404583573_DISPLAY.jpg

Overall..... pretty fun modification and even more fun trying to get some good shots of the Arocs. Pretty easy in terms of the replacement parts needed to do the modification, but things get real tight (people who have built this beast know what I am talking about) and can get complicated. I provide more pics and even some brief instructions on how to add these lights should anyone be interested in doing so. Just check out the truck's site on my mocpages:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/418368

Thanks for looking!

I had the same result with my 8X8 chassis! much lower than the Arocs and still got the leaf springs to work perfectly within the steering and the traction on all axle!!

Can you post pictures? What is with your crane? Thx...

Max...

I've decided to use it for the TC8 contest but of course the main thing has to be the crane on top of it..so let's hope I finish it on time!!

after building the tractor of the B-model and RC-ing it, I started making a dumper trailer. I did this because i didn't liked the trailer of the B model.

i started with the rear and because i wanted to implent the pneumatics of the truck, i added the pneumatic actuators to lift the trailer. also i made 2 pneumatic conections. 1 in the front of the trailer and 1 in the back. The lifting of the dumpbed and the pnuematic actuators are RC controlled. It has an autovalve to control the pneumatic actuators.

But i'll let the pics speak on

21927441279_7de7c0a40e_z.jpgDSC_0001 by thenextlegodesinger, on Flickr

22101637462_7d0e38df2a_z.jpgDSC_0002 by thenextlegodesinger, on Flickr

21493081883_379189d3dd_z.jpgDSC_0003 by thenextlegodesinger, on Flickr

22124440741_0d65a157f8_z.jpgDSC_0005 by thenextlegodesinger, on Flickr

21926472688_f89f122be0_z.jpgDSC_0004 by thenextlegodesinger, on Flickr

the only thing i need is a rear bumper. So if someone has a nice bumper 17 studs wide with a hitch. let me know

Edited by TheNextLegoDesinger

And here is what I did with my Arocs

Arocs "Silent Eagle" flight simulator

dscn6976.jpg_thumb.jpg dscn6990.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gallery

http://www.brickshel...gi?f=559347Film

Wow! That is one of the coolest and most unique MOCs I've seen in quite some time! The functions of the model seem well implemented, and it also looks extremely good in black! Not to mention the sticker work! :thumbup:

Bravo!

Ive just finished this kit, out of the box and found the forum looking for modifications and improvements! Ive ordered the parts for the visor/ light bar thanks to M-Longer, cant wait to get this made and on.

I also wanted to widen the wheel arches, efferman do you have any more details on how you did this mod? Also how did you get the cab lower?

This is mine, as Im in the UK its been converted to Right hand drive!

Thanks

22143106921_bacdc8c702_c.jpgWP_20151013_11_43_10_Pro by richellis1978, on Flickr

the cab is lower because my chassis is lower. and the Mudguards are simplo moved one stud to the outside. There are no big structural changes. only the steps on the bumper was changed a bit

20368730366_6b80e60daa_c.jpg

100_1508 by Michael Wirth, auf Flickr

Hey Guys,

does this little beast count as MOD-improvement? :)

800x450.jpg

Not 100% done, but after almost 3 weeks work on it ... well, I would say, getting there

Cheers

Hey Guys,

does this little beast count as MOD-improvement? :)

800x450.jpg

Not 100% done, but after almost 3 weeks work on it ... well, I would say, getting there

Cheers

Nice job

I additional changed the stabilizers. I removed the red 7L liftarm and replayced it with two thin 6L liftarms.

22937172122_23567a5c7a_t.jpg

That looks better and gives the Arocs much more ground clearance.

Edited by tripletschiee

Maybe the instructions are not very clear, I see quite lot people having this issue.

The 7L liftarm actually should be sunken 1 stud deep into the "foot". I built mine this way, and have neither clearance, nor stability problem. The lowering mechanism works also as it should, without falling apart.

Check here, count the holes:

http://cache.lego.co...g?l.r2=23574082

and

http://www.techlug.f...P/42043/118.jpg

The 7L liftarm actually should be sunken 1 stud deep into the "foot"....

You're totally right! I absolutely oversaw that! Thanks for clarification!

Welcome.

Still your mod is not for fuility, it is more suitable now for rough terrain. :wink:

Hi Guys

This is my mod for the B model (Tractor only) with a dump bed. LA is operated with the right hand light on top of the BB. The only changes was removing the 5th Wheel and altering the steering to accommodate for the Mini LA operation. I was trying to change as little as possible from the original model and think it came out OK for a afternoon MODding session .

800x533.jpg

Dump Bed up.

800x533.jpg

Close up for the LA placement

800x533.jpg

Here you can see the gearing and routing of the axles to the Mini LA

800x533.jpg

And the bottom.

800x533.jpg

And the side

800x533.jpg

and the Back