A free-build for the Guilds of Historica and a continuation of the story of Adira Magdeburg. Check here:

http://www.eurobrick...86#entry2261451 and the ones before for backstory.

19578860895_b647eb5530_c.jpg

The pines sighed in the breeze, then fell silent, leaving the fields without noise except for the occasional chirp of a passing bird. A ball of ice lay at the bottom of Adira's stomach, refusing to leave. Nervously she surveyed the landscape around her. Nothing but grassland, pines, and the small collection of ruined walls and pillars that crawled along the ground around her. They should be here by now, it's nearly noon...

Beside her, a villager mumbled something about skipping their midday meal, but quickly fell silent under Havers' stare. The hills again returned to noiselessness, leaving Adira alone with her thoughts, and her fears.

What if the Desert King can see our positions, and is taking an alternate rout to Estolad, or flanking us at this very moment? Or perhaps Amir's Guerrillas have been alerted, and are descending from the mountains! What if the men haven't had enough training, and flee at the first sight of the battle? Adira glanced over the men behind her, and the ones on the other side of the road. Her gaze settled on Udgr, the Orc sergeant behind her, and Havers, the one legged ex-soldier, then over at Sirhan, the masked Guerrilla across the way, and her fears slowly began to calm. If they flee then I shall die defending in their place, and I know I shall have at least three others with me.

19390921850_aca67847f2_c.jpg

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of marching boots in the distance, from the West. Mummies, and their allies. Her grip tightened on her blade, and her palms began to sweat, as they always did before battle. The ball of ice in her stomach seemed to double in size as she stared at the road, waiting for the first mummy to step into view.

There was a dash of red, then the Mummy commander stepped into view, his cape swirling about him in the breeze. He was followed by two elite guards, then a whole procession of local militia from the town at the head of the valley, their dark green and black uniforms in striking contrast with the dark red of the mummy's uniforms.

A gasp came from one of the villagers next to Adira, and she turned angrily to see him drop his spear and cover his mouth with his hands. “That's my son, in the Desert King ranks....”

“Silence.” Adira whispered. She turned to Havers, her expression hard. “Order the attack.”

Havers hesitated, then nodded. His voice echoed over the fields. “Forward and Charge!”

18956319554_1dfeaeff5f_b.jpg

A hail of arrows flew from the trees, slamming into the Desert King ranks, closely followed by yelling villagers in rag-tag armor and weaponry. All order among the Desert King troops disintegrated as soldiers saw the men next to them fall, pierced with arrows. Chaos ensued, as the villagers closed with their dis-ordered attackers, splitting shields and shattering helms in their fury. The troops panicked, fighting desperately but separately, each trying to protect his own neck.

19390934658_ee221eda35_c.jpg

Adira charged toward the fray, her elation growing with each second. We're going to win! They're retreating! She charged toward the Desert King commander, a Mummy general, as he struck down an ax-wielding villager, drawing her sword. He turned, catching sight of her, and she ground to a halt. For a moment they stared at each-other, the battle moving in slow motion around them.

Finally the Mummy spat toward her, his eyes burning with hate. His voice barely carried over the tumult of the battle. “I'll be back! And when I come next you will not survive!”

19390935140_94eca69873_c.jpg

A spear-wielding villager came up behind him, and he spun, cutting the man down. He scanned the battlefield, his gaze moving over the bodies that had been his men, then turned and, taking two running steps, leaped over a surprised villager and on toward the west.

18956326004_6b0a2b859b_c.jpg

A cheer rose from the villagers, echoed down the road where more rag-tag soldiers raised their weapons over their vanquished foes. They had had victory over the forces of the Desert King, that which was counted impossible to do without a trained army.

Adira surveyed the battlefield, suddenly tired and thirsty. Villagers walked about, congratulating each other, and laughing. A single man bent over the lifeless body of one of the militiamen, crying bitter tears for his dead son, but elsewhere the people celebrated their victory. Many were cheering her, and Havers was smiling broadly at her underneath his helm, but all she could think of were the Mummy General's last words. “I'll be back. And when I come next you will not survive.”

The fight was not over, it had just begun.

To be continued...

Soli Deo Gloria & Sola Gracia!

Edited by Adair

Nice build, also great story, very well written. Also the figures look very cool. Great build!

Great job Adair, especially with the broken arch! The minifigure posing is well done too! :thumbup:

That's the texturing I'm used to from you. It blends and flows nicely. The sand green, lime green and brown work great here against the bleys work great here. Despite it being one of your smaller builds, it is my favorite from you.

Great continuation of the story Adair! As people have said, your texturing and coloring is really good, and the broken arc looks great! Awesome work!

Lovely texture and color!

Thanks, Graham!

Nice build, also great story, very well written. Also the figures look very cool. Great build!

Glad you like them, Alfadas! The next post will (hopefully) be up sometime next week.

NIce. Love the the pines and broken arch.

Glad you like the pines! Those were very experimental.

Excellent landscape, fine story and build!

:thumbup:

Thanks a lot!

Great build to accompany a great story!

Glad you like it, Vlad. :wink:

Great job Adair, especially with the broken arch! The minifigure posing is well done too! :thumbup:

Thanks, Kai! I've been working on that while, so I'm glad you like it!

Fantastic build, Adair! :wub: The landscaping is superb and I love the ruins :thumbup:

Thanks, LittleJohn! Glad you love them!

Beautiful build! Love how you built the ruins! :thumbup:

Thanks, Mike!

That's the texturing I'm used to from you. It blends and flows nicely. The sand green, lime green and brown work great here against the bleys work great here. Despite it being one of your smaller builds, it is my favorite from you.

It's actually sand green, olive green, dark orange, and medium dark flesh. :wink: Glad it looks good though!

Great continuation of the story Adair! As people have said, your texturing and coloring is really good, and the broken arc looks great! Awesome work!

Thanks! Glad the story is going well! It should get better. :classic:

Great landscaping, the path looks really good as well.

Thank you, BrickCurve! Yes, that path is part of a new resurgence in the diagonal 1x2 tile technique on MP. :wink:

One of your best by far! The crumbling stonework is really fantastic. :wub: The coloring and arrangement of the landscaping is perfect in my opinion--the orange is unexpectedly cool here--and that path! Holy cow that's cool! :thumbup:

Lovely build! I like every detail

Wow, thanks Titus!

One of your best by far! The crumbling stonework is really fantastic. :wub: The coloring and arrangement of the landscaping is perfect in my opinion--the orange is unexpectedly cool here--and that path! Holy cow that's cool! :thumbup:

Whoa... glad you like it so much! Your praise I shall strive toward with my next build as well as this one. :classic:

Very nice build Adair, the pine trees and ruins are excellent, while the landscaping and rock border are great as well! :thumbup: The separated plate technique is very nice on the road here, and the photography is wonderful as usual from you! :wink:

As usual the story is well-written and the accompanying photos illustrate it well. The base is quite recognizable as your own unique style and it looks great. The leaning, crumbling ruins are wonderful and the road is cool. My favorite part might just be the trees and the fresh look they offer. And the close-up photography is nice as always. Good work!

EDIT: I just realized you posted in my "new member" thread. One down, nine to go! No, actually I'm not keeping score but I'm working on something... unusual that you might like. Might be a little while until I get it posted though. It's very technical and involves a LOT of writing (true stuff, btw). Anyway, thanks for dropping a note!

Edited by Captain Dee

Have I already said 'nice build'? Apparently not. Nice build.

:wub: We love you too, Andrew. :tongue:

Very nice build Adair, the pine trees and ruins are excellent, while the landscaping and rock border are great as well! :thumbup: The separated plate technique is very nice on the road here, and the photography is wonderful as usual from you! :wink:

Thank you, Garmaddon! I'm glad you like it so much! I shall attempt to keep meeting everyone's expectations. :classic:

As usual the story is well-written and the accompanying photos illustrate it well. The base is quite recognizable as your own unique style and it looks great. The leaning, crumbling ruins are wonderful and the road is cool. My favorite part might just be the trees and the fresh look they offer. And the close-up photography is nice as always. Good work!

EDIT: I just realized you posted in my "new member" thread. One down, nine to go! No, actually I'm not keeping score but I'm working on something... unusual that you might like. Might be a little while until I get it posted though. It's very technical and involves a LOT of writing (true stuff, btw). Anyway, thanks for dropping a note!

Thanks very much, Capt'n!

Ok, and sure thing! I shall look forward to seeing you build!

Another beautiful scene with a fantastic story, creative details and an excellent color palette. I love the tenseness of the battle and the set up for a sequel, The Return of the Mummy General. :laugh: I liked the mixed celebration after the battle, and the photography does a good job of selling the story. Your lighting is looking good but I think the photo of the overall MOC is looking a little underexposed.

The build itself is great, the off-angle road is really neat. The ruins, rockwork and pine trees are serious eye candy as well. Beautiful!

Another beautiful scene with a fantastic story, creative details and an excellent color palette. I love the tenseness of the battle and the set up for a sequel, The Return of the Mummy General. :laugh: I liked the mixed celebration after the battle, and the photography does a good job of selling the story. Your lighting is looking good but I think the photo of the overall MOC is looking a little underexposed.

The build itself is great, the off-angle road is really neat. The ruins, rockwork and pine trees are serious eye candy as well. Beautiful!

Wow, thank you ME! This is some serious compliments, and I shall not take them lightly! As to the lighting; yes, most certainly. My lamps are so weak, and I need to replace them...

Fantastic work! I love the colour scheme and the base :wub:

Thanks a lot, Balbo! You can attribute the color scheme to Legonardo, from his Old Poggard's Mill. :)

That broken arch is fabulous, really looks like it was twisted apart :thumbup: Good textures in the landscape, and the battle posing is excellent.

I've been enjoying your storyline, and I'm interested to see how Adira will defend against the desert king in the future, traps perhaps :devil: