Horsecreek

[MOC] Tivoli Main entrance

Together with 6 other members of my lug we made a LEGO edition of Tivoli in Copenhagen. My Friend Lasse Vestergård has already presented the complete layout.

Here a few days before I start to take it apart I think it deserves its own presentation.

1436442790m_DISPLAY.jpg

An overview from the streetside.

1436442807m_DISPLAY.jpg

The TIVOLI guards. These guards are musicians dressed as Royal danish guards..

1436525151m_DISPLAY.jpg

From the inside of the park

1436442793m_DISPLAY.jpg

The left side building with the ticket and season-pas office.

More photos and details at Mocpages

Google Streetview for comparison

Let me know if you think I've missed a detail.

Wow, that is awesome, wonderful and beautiful all in one ! :grin:

Excellent designing there 'Horsecreek', Brick On ! :grin:

I was lucky to see the Tivoli MOC at LEGO World, and I was truly amazed by it all - and certainly not least the main entrance. It is really well made, there is no doubt what it is. - It must be hard to take a building like this apart. But well, new challenges are waiting you, Lasse and the other members of the LUG in future I guess. Maybe something for next year's LEGO World? :excited:

It must be hard to take a building like this apart.

It will be hard but it will also release a lot of storage space.

But well, new challenges are waiting you, Lasse and the other members of the LUG in future I guess. Maybe something for next year's LEGO World? :excited:

We always has a lot of different projects in mind. This time something a little more Childish :wink:

Great building. It's recognizable, and as I've seen it last year in CPH, it looks fantastic also in reality, not just the photos. How do you plan a build like this? Do you get a blue print or the floor plane to help with the dimension, or you just try and see how it goes?

Great building. It's recognizable, and as I've seen it last year in CPH, it looks fantastic also in reality, not just the photos. How do you plan a build like this? Do you get a blue print or the floor plane to help with the dimension, or you just try and see how it goes?

With this project I started with some photos. When building this and many other buildings I start with one or more details. In this case it was the corners and the top of the round pillars. Once a number of details are done most of the structure gives it self. I think this way is better than deciding the size first just to struggle unnecessary to make it all fit.

Early in the process it looked like this:

Tivoli_WIP1-2.jpg

Before I started building my guess was that the main entrance would be 3x3 standard baseplates. it ended being 2x6 baseplates.

Awesome! Looks fantastic and very true to the original.