Captain Braunsfeld

The Algus Saga - Defending the North

How the North was defended:

800x693.jpg

Captain Marron and his men had rushed to a newly built part of the "Northern Wall" that was supposed to protect Mitgardia from the Algus.

800x560.jpg

The vicious Algus attacked the walls relentlessly.

Luckily it was already obvious that they did not like the combination of oil and fire very much:

800x516.jpg

It would push them back - but it still would not suffice to ultimately defeat them...

800x756.jpg

(end of this part of the story)

Shot from the backside. Here you can see that Steen Larsson was also there to help...

800x543.jpg

More (and larger pictures) to find in the corresponding flickr album.

C&C welcome (and: yes, it is a pun on "how the west was won")

:sweet:

In the "Captain Braunsfeld's part of the Algus Saga" you are here: Part 2

1) The Beacon of Bruns Fall

2) Defending the North

3) Southern Comfort

4) Help from a Nobleman

5) Two Minor Victories

6) Water does not stop them!

7) What's that coming over the hill?

8) Where the Rainbow Spell came from

9) AppleCalypse Now!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Awesome build CB! Sweet wall design, I also like the covered battlements. The snowscaping is also very well done. Love that ferocious pack of Algus warriors. Again, really glad to see these snow monsters getting what's coming to them! Excellent addition to this great storyline.

Nice, crisp build. Love the cauldron and the gate in particular with those ninjago daggers

Definitely a CB build. Nothing complex but very aesthetically pleasing to look at and enjoy. I particularly like the windows! Great Job.

Neat build!

Thanks.

Awesome build CB! Sweet wall design, I also like the covered battlements. The snowscaping is also very well done. Love that ferocious pack of Algus warriors. Again, really glad to see these snow monsters getting what's coming to them! Excellent addition to this great storyline.

:sweet: Snow was inspired by soccerkid.

Nice, crisp build. Love the cauldron and the gate in particular with those ninjago daggers

I like the gate too :grin:

Definitely a CB build. Nothing complex but very aesthetically pleasing to look at and enjoy. I particularly like the windows! Great Job.

That is interesting. Does it mean I have to do something very complex? :laugh:

Thanks for noticing the windows.

Nice build! Love the doors!

Thanks - :sweet:

Lol not at all sir. Complexity is overrated sometimes. I've seen plenty of builders on these sites that go with simple tried and true techniques and make it gorgeous. That is a skill in and of itself, one of which you have.

Nice build! I especially like the cross "windows", and the fact that someone is sticking out a spear through one of them :classic:

Excellent build, CB! The double arch over the gate looks great and I really like the snow :thumbup:

Thanks - I would have done the three smaller arches in the same way but I could not find a third arch of the same size...

Lol not at all sir. Complexity is overrated sometimes. I've seen plenty of builders on these sites that go with simple tried and true techniques and make it gorgeous. That is a skill in and of itself, one of which you have.

:blush:

Nice build! I especially like the cross "windows", and the fact that someone is sticking out a spear through one of them :classic:

I think they should be called "loopholes" - and, yes, I wanted to show that the loopholes are manned (which turned out to be difficult).

Nice, I particularly like the technique used for the snow.

Thanks, (Inspiration still owed to soccerkid)

Very pretty build, CB! The loopholes look great, particularly with the arches over them, and I like the roofed walkway design :thumbup:

Your snowscape is quite effective as well, I'm happy to have been an inspiration :classic:

Nice wall! I like these 'crosses'

Thanks. It seems they are windows loopholes :wink:

Very pretty build, CB! The loopholes look great, particularly with the arches over them, and I like the roofed walkway design :thumbup:

Your snowscape is quite effective as well, I'm happy to have been an inspiration :classic:

Pleasure is on my side :sweet:

A great moc! The covered battlements are a nice touch. The action is top notch and the oil on fire should teach those warriors a lesson!

The arrow slits are a good detail but on the first floor? Great for the enemies! :wink:

A great moc! The covered battlements are a nice touch. The action is top notch and the oil on fire should teach those warriors a lesson!

The arrow slits are a good detail but on the first floor? Great for the enemies! :wink:

... arrow slits? You might be right... But they look good! :grin:

Great build CB!

Thanks!

Another fine creation, Captain Braunsfeld. The arches, windows in relief and doorway are all nicely done - even if the one arch doesn't match, which I see you've explained. I really like that snowscape even if you didn't invent the technique. The elevated defenses and barrel of boiling oil are pretty good, and the posing really sells the story well. The invaders look ferocious and the use of the white warg is fitting. Overall I think the aforementioned term "aesthetically pleasing" suits the whole build very well. Good work.

Another fine creation, Captain Braunsfeld. The arches, windows in relief and doorway are all nicely done - even if the one arch doesn't match, which I see you've explained. I really like that snowscape even if you didn't invent the technique. The elevated defenses and barrel of boiling oil are pretty good, and the posing really sells the story well. The invaders look ferocious and the use of the white warg is fitting. Overall I think the aforementioned term "aesthetically pleasing" suits the whole build very well. Good work.

... and pleasing your elaborated comments are. (Oh, this reads like Yoda-speech...)

Thanks.