MOC: Fish Farm

I was recently challenged to find a type of business that no-one had tried before. It's surprisingly difficult, but after scouring through Google and Flickr and a bunch of other sites I think I found one and I'd like present my Fish Farm!

It's situated in a converted warehouse at the end of a branch line.

18957739723_592bfac94c_c.jpg

And the Fish are raised in three ponds at the side.

18956084834_0e778c1309_c.jpg

19582945701_1c48b4df07_c.jpg

The Dog is clearly interested in what's going on inside the building.

19390681108_7851ac5caf_c.jpg

The produce is placed in the Refrigerated Train Car.

18957730543_72b5fa70d0_c.jpg

One final shot.

18956084864_746d103b61_c.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Comments, criticism and ridicule (and links to other Fish Farms much appreciated).

This is great, definitely a new concept! Love the tanks and great detail with things like the life ring on a stand and fish guts on the floor, nice work!

Haha, very cool idea. The tanks are perfection, as is the logo on the front.

Also, the different doors used throughout the build are very cool and add a nice touch.

This is how MOCs should be, detailed. I love the additions of the purple flowers scattered on the grass and the life preserver in the back.

You really get a good feel of the whole build and what it is trying to portray.

Very good job altogether man, keep it up. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

EDIT: just noticed the fish guts and blood, and I just have to day, thats awesome! :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Neat build. Cool details like a beluga whale hanging over the front door. There doesn't seem to be any fishes in your tanks for the worker to whip into shape. :wink:

Great idea and nicely executed. My favourite details are the two tone walls on the small shed and the equipment for the ponds.

Certainly an interesting idea, Eurotrash. I can imagine it was hard to find some kind of business not seen in a MOC before. And honestly, I do not recall to have seen any fish farm when browsing MOCs. Thumbs up for the idea and for the execution and details. The first detail I noticed was the taps on the ponds. I think I would not have thought about a such if I had made a fish farm.

Are you making your MOCs to make a landscape/cityscape, or do you make stand-alone MOCs?

Thanks for all the comments guys. I had a lot of fun building this and to get these reactions is awesome!

There doesn't seem to be any fishes in your tanks for the worker to whip into shape.

Ha! My plan was to take pictures of the Production area (where the fish are in the crate and on the table) then move the five fish I had back into the ponds and shoot some more pictures. I was going to add one to the fishing line and have the rest swimming around. But I was concentrating so much on getting the shots in focus and avoiding the mosquitoes that I completely forgot until I was uploading to Flickr. :laugh:

Are you making your MOCs to make a landscape/cityscape, or do you make stand-alone MOCs?

I've joined the local LUG group here in Missouri (http://www.kcbricklab.org/) and they have an excellent railway layout that we take to various displays. I've realised that what I had previously been building - the stand-alones and the derelict buildings - are slowly morphing into something more suitable for a group display. And in a rail layout the focus is predominantly on the trains, but the really interesting stuff is happening in the background where you can be a bit more subversive. So I can sneak in the graffiti, the breweries, the drunks and the dirty laundry and whatever else I can think of. It's fun when members of the public notice the details; the kids love it and the adults smile. (I'll move the Production area outside the main building for the public displays so that it can be seen)

Fantastic! The pools are cool with this very light blue water effect and I like the white fish on the wall. But I think you should put some fishes into the pools! : :classic:

lovely idea!

The fishtanks are great! The plumbing and water effects look very nice, as does the little shed!

This build looks very clean, maybe cleaner than what we're used to from you. You normally add more texture to a build. Is this intentional?

This build looks very clean, maybe cleaner than what we're used to from you. You normally add more texture to a build. Is this intentional?

Ha! You're right, I have been creating a lot of distressed buildings, but maybe this one has just opened for business. Perhaps I'll do a follow up build where the business has been struggling and the fish tanks are full of algae and the roof has a few missing slates... <Challenge Accepted!>