TheBrickPal

Mixels 2016 Discussion

22 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Is there any way to get a paper copy?  I don't have a lot of room on my computer desk, and that's a lot of pages to print out.

4 hours ago, quark12000 said:

Is there any way to get a paper copy?  I don't have a lot of room on my computer desk, and that's a lot of pages to print out.

Not that I know off.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, retrotaco said:

I found Series 8 mostly in Targets - since we're post-XMas they may be cleared out, but I'd check the Targets close to you (if you have any) - and check ALL AROUND the toy section, sometimes they're in the most random places.

I've checked three Targets (a fourth I'd been to before turned out to be out of business), and I definitely noticed the random placement of the Mixels. Crazy. No luck on series 8, though. Are you in the USA? I'm wondering if it's a regional thing.

I'm happy to report that I was able to nab a couple of Sharx from a Bricks and Minifigs store near my house. Pricier than retail, but not as much as online with shipping. It made my day! (It was also the only two they had--the rarity of this series continues to confuse me.)

It's the little details that really make the Mixels special--I didn't notice from the pictures online, but Sharx actually has two rows of teeth in front for extra sharkiness. And the instructions have you put the coin in his peg leg, which is a nifty idea. I never noticed it before, but the ad in the instructions shows that the Nixel in one of the other sets has an eye patch! Too cute.

TC

Edited by TalonCard

I feel like we, as Mixel fans, need to continue to create our own custom tribes...if for no other reason than Lego might steal our ideas and bring Mixels back! :laugh:

I'm going thru the paaaaiin-staking process of organizing my entire Lego collection for the first time in like 20 years, but once I'm done with that I've got a few tribe ideas I wanna get crackin on...

Got a Bricklink order in today and with it the last Nixel face I needed to complete my Nixel collection. With that my Mixel's collection is completed. I might post a group photo.

• Thank you, but I would like paper instructions, and I'm told Lego doesn't make them.  My computer desk just isn't big enough to spread out the pieces.

On 2/5/2017 at 11:03 PM, quark12000 said:
  • Thank you, but I would like paper instructions, and I'm told Lego doesn't make them.  My computer desk just isn't big enough to spread out the pieces.

Could print them out in grayscale?  maybe even shrink it a bit before printing?

I am missing the Mixels line even more than I thought I would. So much goofy fun and nice parts for five bucks! There really isn't anything in the current lineup that scratches that particular itch. :cry_sad: