TheBrickPal

Mixels 2016 Discussion

So I decided to break tradition and instead of getting three Mixels at a time, I got the remaining six that I was missing in one go. Partly because this is the last wave, partly because I don't know when I'll be shopping again, and partly because I found a lot of other stuff I was looking for, so I figured I'd throw them on the pile as well.

But I digress. It's kinda nice to have a complete collection on the shelf. Though right now, all my figures are in Max forms of my design just to save on some shelf space. I'll need to remember to show them all off sometime. Later I'll disassemble all of them and return them to their individual figures. I really want to see a shot of them all together.

Got Mysto, Gobbol and Myke today. With that my Mixel collection is complete but I'm debating bricklinking the pieces for all the nixels as I have the ones from Slumbo, Wuzzo, Busto, Skrubz, And Gobbol. And I'd like a nixel army for my Custom King and Major Nixel.

Edited by Takanuinuva

Thanks for the reviews! Initially I planned to only get Spinza (because of his eyes, as I have an idea for using these angry eyes), but now I see all the neat parts the whole Nindja tribe comes with, so I will probably get all three of them.

Has anyone made their own "tribes" of Mixels?  Like, 3 Mixels and a Max of a theme they came up with?  Might be kinda cool to see now that the series is kaput. 

6 hours ago, retrotaco said:

Has anyone made their own "tribes" of Mixels?  Like, 3 Mixels and a Max of a theme they came up with?  Might be kinda cool to see now that the series is kaput. 

I've done quite a bunch of drawing-only ones, thought a few people have done LDD-based ones.

4 hours ago, ZootyCutie said:

I've done quite a bunch of drawing-only ones, thought a few people have done LDD-based ones.

I made a Pink Tribe called the carolites. A grey tribe called the airheds and a gold tribe called the eyeguys. I've been meaning to post there updated versions. 

I've made four in LDD (aliens, arthropods, archosaurs and robot-themed ones), and one out of bricks (eye-themed ones).

Niiiiice, definitely post the ones you guys have built-brick if you wanna, that'd be great to see.

I've been planning out a group of them myself, gonna be all desert/sweets related, gonna be light blue, pink, white, tan and brown, there'll be a cotton candy one, a swirl ice-cream one, an ice cream sandwich, and a cake, which will be the big Max one.  I've had to make like WIPs out of random colors cause I don't have that many light blue and pink pieces lol

Hey guys! I'm having a hard time tracking down the final series of Mixels here in Ireland. Seems like this one & the previous came out in much fewer numbers & in much fewer places. And series 9 is "out of stock" on the Lego store :( Can anyone recommend any places in Ireland where I can find these? Really hoping I don't have to resort to forking out the current scalper prices the recent Mixels are going for on eBay....

Looks like I won't be getting the full collection, as at Shop at Home they're listed as having retired (whaaat) and fora few series now the stocking in actual sotres of them has been at best patchy. I dont think Ive seen series 9 at all. :/

2 hours ago, Mutant Orc said:

Looks like I won't be getting the full collection, as at Shop at Home they're listed as having retired (whaaat) and fora few series now the stocking in actual sotres of them has been at best patchy. I dont think Ive seen series 9 at all. :/

Wow, that sucks. Hate to hear that. If you can, I'd highly suggest searching online for them. If you have the full collection aside from Series 9, then they're definitely worth hunting down. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend tracking down Mysto. Probably my favorite Mixel out of the entire line. Best of luck to you!

On 11/28/2016 at 0:26 PM, Mutant Orc said:

I'm not really in a place where I can help out right now, but they are ALL OVER Wal-Marts in the States here, someone may be able to help you out with a trade or something :)

Bought my first Mixels polybag (Chilbo) for what I thought were 4 ball joints, but there were 7. I'm guessing some experts used the parts to make a nice mecha. Target had several left and Toys R Us had a bunch, and neither were marked down for clearance.

I read Mixels was discontinued and someone suggested the replacement would be Nexo Knights Action. I saw what may be an old Lego news article showing Nexo Knight Battle Suits which seem to have big ball joints. I'm going to need to look for these.

Edited by BubbaFit45531

Just bought my first one of these little guys when I got the Krypto polybag at ToysRUs.  His name is Sharx.  I was able to order his buddies from Bricklink, along with some neat looking ones called Munchos.

Any recommendations on other ones to get?

On January 8, 2017 at 10:41 AM, quark12000 said:

Just bought my first one of these little guys when I got the Krypto polybag at ToysRUs.  His name is Sharx.  I was able to order his buddies from Bricklink, along with some neat looking ones called Munchos.

Any recommendations on other ones to get?

Mysto from Series 9 and Glurt from Series 3 are a couple of my favorites. Mysto is an awesome Ninja Sensei complete with conical hat and fu manchu. And Glurt's a cute green dog.

Honestly, I'd suggest looking a pics of all the sets and seeing which ones catch your interest. They're all pretty great, so I don't think you can really go wrong.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Series 8? I love the Mixels, and I was constantly tempted whenever I came across them in stores--and they seemed darned omnipresent for awhile. But I'm a dedicated Pirate collector for space reasons, so I resisted. But when the Pyrratz line came alone, I thought "At last! An excuse!", and kept waiting for them to show up in stores. They're pretty inexpensive, so I wanted to get two sets so I could make the ship model too.

But I've never seen them in stores! I got fed up with waiting for them to show up in the supermarket where I usually see Mixels, and went looking. The prices online ware high enough to send me around to all the stores in my area, and I've seen Series 3, 6, 7, and 9, but no 8! What gives? Were they a European only release? (I'm in Texas.) Is there a chance that they'll make it down here at some point, or should I just order online? Help me Mixels fans, you're my only hope!

TC

15 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Does anyone know what the deal is with Series 8? I love the Mixels, and I was constantly tempted whenever I came across them in stores--and they seemed darned omnipresent for awhile. But I'm a dedicated Pirate collector for space reasons, so I resisted. But when the Pyrratz line came alone, I thought "At last! An excuse!", and kept waiting for them to show up in stores. They're pretty inexpensive, so I wanted to get two sets so I could make the ship model too.

But I've never seen them in stores! I got fed up with waiting for them to show up in the supermarket where I usually see Mixels, and went looking. The prices online ware high enough to send me around to all the stores in my area, and I've seen Series 3, 6, 7, and 9, but no 8! What gives? Were they a European only release? (I'm in Texas.) Is there a chance that they'll make it down here at some point, or should I just order online? Help me Mixels fans, you're my only hope!

TC

I found Series 8 mostly in Targets - since we're post-XMas they may be cleared out, but I'd check the Targets close to you (if you have any) - and check ALL AROUND the toy section, sometimes they're in the most random places.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, Kalhiki said:

Mysto from Series 9 and Glurt from Series 3 are a couple of my favorites. Mysto is an awesome Ninja Sensei complete with conical hat and fu manchu. And Glurt's a cute green dog.

Honestly, I'd suggest looking a pics of all the sets and seeing which ones catch your interest. They're all pretty great, so I don't think you can really go wrong.

Went to ToysRUs today and got Mysto along with a guy named Camillot who struck my fancy.  I like the dragon that he combines into, but they didn't have either of his buddies.

If you want Mixels balljoints, check out your Lego Store Pick-A-Brick Wall ASAP. Mine had 1x2 with ball and cup and 1x2 with ball on long edge.

I need more 1x2 with cup on long edge.

21 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

If you want Mixels balljoints, check out your Lego Store Pick-A-Brick Wall ASAP. Mine had 1x2 with ball and cup and 1x2 with ball on long edge.

I need more 1x2 with cup on long edge.

Ooooh, that's good to know! I want to visit my local LEGO Store tomorrow anyway, so I might take a further look at this then.