TheBrickPal

Mixels 2016 Discussion

Well that's a bit of a shame. At least it lasted the default 3 year plan Lego usually has for its lines. I hope that series 9 will be released worldwide though and that the last episode wraps up the series in general.

I don't mind. Three full years of Mixels is plenty. Plus, I didn't want this to run endlessly anyway. My collection is just eating shelf space.

It's been one heck of a run, but I feel it's served its purpose to the fullest.

I don't mind. Three full years of Mixels is plenty. Plus, I didn't want this to run endlessly anyway. My collection is just eating shelf space.

It's been one heck of a run, but I feel it's served its purpose to the fullest.

Same here I have one mixel from every tribe (Excluding the second waves of Infernites, Frosticons and Glorp Corps) And the single shelf I have them all on is almost full.

Though its a real shame we never got a physical version of Major Nixel. He's my favorite character in the Mixels tv series.

I have to admit I'm a bit sad that Mixels is being discontinued. While I never bought one, they were great sets that had lots of personality and playability for under $5. It was probably planned for a three year run, so at least it's finishing on a high note. :classic:

It was probably planned for a three year run, so at least it's finishing on a high note. :classic:

Unlike the reboot of LEGO's most succesfull theme...

Kinda sad to see Mixels go. Bought a couple of them, they were for sure fun and crazy.

Really bummed on the end of Mixels, it's what brought me back into LEGO...though, we DID get 81 sets out of this, which isn't too shabby at the same time.

Just hope the show's able to end on a high note, that's the neglected part of the series. XP

Too bad, but kinda expected. I hope there's a successor that further explores the possibilities of the Mixel joint system. Maybe a line centered around mechs.

Unlike the reboot of LEGO's most succesfull theme...

Didn't know Ninjago got cancelled again.

Didn't know Ninjago got cancelled again.

Stop this meme m9. As of 2016 the only statement about the overall success of a theme is about BIONICLE, which was defined in 2014 as LEGO's most succesful IP. Ninjago most probably beat it last year or this one, but all we know about it is that it had the strongest launch. Until the day LEGO says Ninajgo is its most succesful IP, BIONICLE will be regarded as such. "Common sense" is what made most of us believe BIONICLE G2 was going to continue into 2017.

Edited by TwistLaw

sad that they're cancelled, some of them were nice, but mainly I'll be sad that we're not getting cheap parts packs on a regular basis.

sad that they're cancelled, some of them were nice, but mainly I'll be sad that we're not getting cheap parts packs on a regular basis.

Same here. While I liked some of them for their designs, I mostly bought them as parts packs, as they not only provided neat pieces in a variety of colors (sometimes even more "exotic" colors, such as azure or purple), but also for those glorious small joints.

Well, if CM4Sci is as accurate as usual, the replacement for Mixels will be the Nexo Knights Action sets, which are mixel-joint-based mecha suits.

Well, if CM4Sci is as accurate as usual, the replacement for Mixels will be the Nexo Knights Action sets, which are mixel-joint-based mecha suits.

I'll take that. I really haven't collected Nexo Knights sets, but I may end up getting those if it turns out true.

Nexo Knight Mecha Suits? That sounds interesting.

Depending on part selection and price point, I could see myself collecting these things.

There are few problems though: They will probably have minifigure and that means we will get less usefull bricks for price. Also the price will be bigger than 1 mixel.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I would probably not consider the Nexo Knights Action sets a replacement for the Mixels. If anything I'd consider them more analogous with the Chima Legend Beasts, which coexisted with the Mixels in their first year and were likewise a low-priced item for a "big bang" theme moving into its second year.

Still waiting for them to release the instructions for series 9. I went to go download them and there the instructions for the other series.

I would probably not consider the Nexo Knights Action sets a replacement for the Mixels. If anything I'd consider them more analogous with the Chima Legend Beasts, which coexisted with the Mixels in their first year and were likewise a low-priced item for a "big bang" theme moving into its second year.

Heh, I actually forgot about the Legend Beasts. That's a good point.

Getting sets that are around the same size as the Legend Beasts would be also fine with me, as they had some nice and interesting parts. And assuming they will really be mecha-like suits, I can only imagine they will come with even more stuff useful for me when it comes to build robots/Transformers. :wink:

Series 9 is out in the wild! Got Myke, Gobbol, and Mysto at TRU.

And let me just say, Mysto is the bomb. Like, he's probably my favorite Mixel ever. He looks great, poses well, and best of all he has a hat! And it works wonders for giving him expressions since it's eyebrow-level. Seriously, if you're going to get a Mixel, get Mysto. Get him.

*sigh* It's kinda bittersweet now that I have them. On one hand, it's going to feel good completing the collection. On the other... This is the end, folks.

Jang has started uploading his video reviews of Series 9. Expect my written ones on Brickset starting next week!

Also, the TV series finale (Nixel, Nixel, Go Away) premieres on Cartoon Network tomorrow at 5:30 PM EST, so don't miss it if you want to support Mixels one final time!