TheBrickPal

Mixels 2016 Discussion

27767197941_2ff0bfe0ad_h.jpg

27741807202_64e8509b25_b.jpg

27231084414_a9a1e88cde_b.jpg

My first Mixels, and I love them. Already re-built the MCFD team into the Max build, which is fantastic. Will definitely get the garbage trio and Busto down the line.

I keep seeing people say Wave 9 is the last wave and that Mixels is done.

Does anyone know if it is?

If that's true I'm quitting Lego as a hobby. Mixels are the best theme, and there is so many great ideas that can be used. We haven't get plant,fossil, caveman, home apliances mixels yet! D:

I just want a dish washer Mixel ok?

27824333486_5ce0aff6f2_b.jpg

27824334246_1ff86f1dd0_b.jpg

27858536725_fce7518b77_b.jpg

The Max build for the MCFD is so fun. I really love the transformation feature. The articulation isn't perfect on this, particularly the legs, but I can excuse that for how nice the rest of it is. :D

The MCFD Max Transforms?!

Wow. I've been building my own Maxes, but I may just have to build this one. That's super cool.

Just got Splasho Skrubz and Lewt in the mail today. I'm loving the design of Lewt and how unique he is. He is my new favorite Mixel design thus far. I hope he gets a good voice actor in the cartoon.

I happened to wind up with Lewt, my second Mixel; my first one was the... catapault guy, from series 5? I think? I'm totally lost with all of their names and everything.

But I love Lewt! Crabs are great.

Welp, Comic-Con gave us no news on Mixels' fate (then again, there really wasn't any LEGO news on some existing themes around), but we still have S9 and the special later this year...so, really hope something comes out of Mixels...

Why end it now? There are plenty more things they could do, and plenty of kids who would buy them. :look:

Could just be that they want to launch something new which could potentially appeal to even more kids. Or, it could be that the Cartoon Network partnership involved a limited-time contract and one of the two parties didn't want to renew it. Mixels occupies a sort of weird licensing space since it's co-developed by LEGO and Cartoon Network, unlike Ninjago or Legends of Chima which Cartoon Network airs but isn't involved in producing.

I wouldn't make any assumptions based on the lack of a Comic-Con presence, though. After all, it might just be that Cartoon Network wanted their space at the LEGO booth to go towards promoting the Adventure Time set from Ideas.

Edited by Aanchir

I'd say Toy Fair SHOULD end up being the telling for whether we get info or not, shame that's not until next year, though.

I'd say Toy Fair SHOULD end up being the telling for whether we get info or not, shame that's not until next year, though.

We'll know before then. If Mixels isn't on the January lists (Should come out next month) than it's safe to say the theme has ended.

While I liked the Mixels for their creative designs, I wouldn't mind the line ending as long as we get a worthy replacement for it (which means for me mostly other sets with lots of those small ball joints).

While I liked the Mixels for their creative designs, I wouldn't mind the line ending as long as we get a worthy replacement for it (which means for me mostly other sets with lots of those small ball joints).

BrickHeadz is probably the replacement for Mixels. . .

Yeaaahhh... Because creative cheap set = Pricy ugly licenced one

I still hope they will continue. And I could promise I saw sin this thread a mail where Lego say this series is not going anywere?

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Yeaaahhh... Because creative cheap set = Pricy ugly licenced one

I still hope they will continue. And I could promise I saw sin this thread a mail where Lego say this series is not going anywere?

We don't know that all of the BrickHeadz will be licensed. The fact that the Super Heroes logo is secondary to the BrickHeadz logo suggests that the sets could encompass multiple themes like Dimensions, possibly including in-house ones.

That said, it doesn't have nearly the same appeal as Mixels as far as affordability and playability are concerned, and as such I doubt they could be considered a direct replacement even if Mixels DOES go away (which itself is far from a sure thing).

Yeah, there's no way Brickheadz (hate that name...) is a replacement for Mixels. Sure, they're cute, but by the looks of it, they lack the articulation that Mixels had to offer. And the cheap price.

If the Comic-Con exclusives are any indication, the BrickHeadz' recommended age range will be 10+, positioning them more as collectibles like LEGO Architecture than as play figures like the Mixels (which are recommended for ages 6+). With that kind of age rating, there's no way that BrickHeadz are meant to replace any kid-focused play theme.

We know the age rating is not just because of their exclusive status, because SDCC exclusive minifigures are all marked for ages 5+ (for the 2013 ones without accessories) or 6+ (for the later ones with accessories), and other SDCC building sets from the past several years have been marked for ages 8–14.

Yeah, Brickheadz are most like not the successor to the Mixels, as they lack any articulation. They remind me more of those POP figures.

I wouldn't mind Mixels getting axed if the next constraction line incorporates somehow more LEGO System.

The German catalog (July - December 2016) also omits the Mixels entirely.

I fear they're done then. :sceptic: