TheBrickPal

Mixels 2016 Discussion

Info regarding names and tribes -

8jImnEO.png

Pyrratz Max is a giant pirate ship with golden claw hands.

MCFD Max is a giant fire truck monster with cool blue fingertips.

Medix Max is a monster with a big mouth, a reflector thing on top, grey banana mustache, toothbrush and syringe arms, and wheels... and feet?

The treasure crab's name is Lewt? That's one letter away from lewd. Well, I know how I'm going to characterize him.

Also nice to hear the tribe names. I don't believe we got those before. And the Maxes sound pretty sweet.

Nice. Really liking all of series 9. Hoping that the "not released in Germany" thing is false, because German lego stores and Shop at home are the only places I can find mixels (stores in my area don't stock them at all, inexplicably enough).

Nice. Really liking all of series 9. Hoping that the "not released in Germany" thing is false, because German lego stores and Shop at home are the only places I can find mixels (stores in my area don't stock them at all, inexplicably enough).

Wait, you live in Germany? I didn't know that, cool! Pick up some Soccer CMFs for me :P

Anyway I like the garbage truck Mixel, one of the coolest they've done. I also like the.. I think it's a TV, first one of the Reporter Mixels.

City maintenance Mixels, News reporter Mixels and Ninja Mixels. There really driving this Mixolpolis City thing in.

Still no Major Nixel though. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Takanuinuva

Wait, you live in Germany? I didn't know that, cool! Pick up some Soccer CMFs for me :P

Anyway I like the garbage truck Mixel, one of the coolest they've done. I also like the.. I think it's a TV, first one of the Reporter Mixels.

Nope, the Netherlands.

It's more city park maintenance the trash cleaning. Everything there is to do with foliage, hence why they are green.

But on closer look it may actually be cleaning, didn't notice the hand helds

Edited by Riftx

Love the Sensei Mixel! There's some nice beard and hat shaping/angling he has going on uncommon for Mixels...

Edited by legozebra

Pass. Only one of these (sensei) remotely interests me. And they were doing so well with Series 8. I do sorta like the Cookie Monster thing the dumpster has going on, though.

I love 'em. And I like the overarching theme they have going on: 3 City based sets (Police, Fire, Cleanup), 3 Historical (Knights, Pirates, Ninjas), and... Not sure what to tag the last one... Occupation? Band, Dentistry, TV? Though I suppose they can be lumped into the City...

Either way, I'm too deep into this Mixels collection thing to back out now.

The fighting tribe is my favorite. The green tribe from series 9...what are they even? Cleaners?

Garbage. (Literally, not my personal assessment of the Mixels.)

Edited by 8BrickMario

You know, I actually had an idea for a ninja tribe a while back, except they were Navy and Fuchsia as well as rivals to the Wiztastics. I named them the Ninjerks and the leader was named Shinorbert. Also, the MCFD seems to finally be our water based tribe. Now all we have to wait for is our air based one as well.

S7 isn't really doing much for me (except for the horse/pegasus Mixel), and the only one that really grabs me from S9 is the green car-wash-hands guy; I will probably get 3 of just him.

Series 8 however? All of the Pyrratz, all of the Medix, and Splasho in particular look good to me.

This is all from a parts perspective, as I tend to view Mixels as great impulse-priced parts packs. (Plus, you can never have too many of those joints!)

Either way, I'm too deep into this Mixels collection thing to back out now.

Same here! I'm not always fond on every one but they're so silly and cheap I've got every one of them so far!

The news report team is probably my favorite of this last series, although the garbage men are pretty cool too. All the '16 tribes have been great really, probably my favorite year yet!

Same here! I'm not always fond on every one but they're so silly and cheap I've got every one of them so far!

I'm the same here too. I tend to buy the entire series all at once which sometimes makes for an interesting checkout sequence :grin:

Speaking of which, for what it's worth, my local Tesco had a fresh box of Series 7 Mixels out on the shelf! I would have probably bought them all if it weren't for a little problem that I have:

mixels_series_1_to_6.jpg

I've actually run out of shelf space for Mixels and I need to put up a new shelf for them before I get the new series! :laugh:

I'm the same here too. I tend to buy the entire series all at once which sometimes makes for an interesting checkout sequence :grin:

I don't normally buy them all at once but for Series 6 I had a bit of a worry that I would'nt be able to get them all as their availiability wasn't good around where I lived (or at least it didn't seem great). For Series 7 if I see them all I'll probably get them all just to be on the safe side, because I didnt do that last time and then I had to go hunting for 1 or 2 mixels all over the place.

I've actually run out of shelf space for Mixels and I need to put up a new shelf for them before I get the new series! :laugh:

I've run into the same problem. I ended up Maxing them all in an attempt to conserve space... Only to find out they still didn't fit.

I don't have that problem. As I only get one from every tribe. (Except for the second waves of Infernites, Frosticons or Glorp Corp)

I'll be getting Splasho, Lewt and Skrubz when there released. And Busto, Tapsy and Mixadel when they come out in February