Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

The Stargazer

Yeah I'm still a castle nut guys, I'm not completely lost to space ;)

18924095363_428e80f545_c.jpg

The Mystic Isles of Avalonia house many diverse persons, creatures and landscapes. Wonderful Wallace, Brother of Senneck and Harry the Hallucinating Healer, is one of them. He lives in solitude in the middle of a small cluster of islands in the center of the isles. Unlike his elder and younger siblings, Wallace has deviated from potions and other magic, and found his love in astronomy. He spends his days charting the skies, bartering with the local fishermen, and smoking pipe-weed. Also like his brothers, he has an incredibly awesome beard, which he takes great pride in. potentially more pride than what he has in his astronomical discoveries.

19544993255_f300ed5bcc_z.jpg

19357027150_cb85409a50_c.jpg

Hey guys! Here is my main exhibit for the Christchurch brick show this weekend! it's been an interesting build, my original plan had been different, but then lugbulk didn't show up as early as i'd hoped so it changed :p the roof was a bit of a pain, but i'm pretty happy with the result. I had planned for a different colourscheme on the ground, but this worked too, when bulk arrives I guess I'll just have to build another moc with that scheme ;) Now all I need is for it not to be completely obliterated on the way down to Christchurch!

Come see it in the weekend! hope you all enjoy! This build would not have been possible without the support from the coolest canadiasian in the world. you know who you are, and everyone who knows him should know too. Thanks so much Mr Liu.

David

Wow, this looks so beautiful. Every part of creation. I wish I can build something like that. Awesome job.

Looks great! Some of my personal favourite parts of the build are the roof, telescope and the chimney/smoke.

Awesome stuff! The roof looks like it was complicated to build alright.

I’d be proud too if I had a beard like Wallace but I’m sure with a telescope like that his astronomical maps are quite decent too!

Love the little sextant as a weather vane, nice detail :classic:

Fantastic build as usual Legonardo, superb round stone-work on the tower and the wooden sections and rock-work are excellent as well! :wub: Glad to see something from you in GoH again! :excited::sweet:

Yeah I'm still a castle nut guys, I'm not completely lost to space ;)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's glad to hear this. And heck yeah, this is once again an awesome creation, so many wonderful details to admire and lots of fun elements!

Another beautiful creation, Legonardo! The round tower is your typical style, nicely textured and weathered. The overhanging rooms are nice and those colorful roofs look great. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a cannon used as a chimney and the sextant weather vane is also neat. The rocks are beautiful too and while it looks nice I'm wondering what the blue represents. My favorite part is the massive telescope. It makes good use of those parts and should allow ol' Wallace to stair deep into the heavens - assuming his beard doesn't get in the way and he doesn't smoke the place up too badly with his pipe-weed. Excellent work and good luck at the show!

Another wonderful creation! I'm amazed at how you covered that bulging roof so well. The odd angles make it all look very natural. Great telescope as well :classic:

Beautiful work Legonardo, gotta love that roof, and the stonework is practically flawless! Also really like the use of blue, somehow it merges right in and looks totally natural! Really nice telescope as well!

Great tower design, the choices of color make it look really enchanting, the slope of the roof looks great, very nice part use with the cannon for the chimney, the telescope looks amazing, and the framing of the round window using the vines is particularly interesting. Good job!

The tower looks great! Nice work on the telescope as well!

As said on Flickr, amazing work, Legonardo! Can't wait for more!

I like the run down look of this build, particularly that clothesline and the telescope.

So gorgeous. The netting technique for the roof really shines here and I really like the telescope--there's some real "whimsy" there and it's awesome. One of these days you're going to have to give the rest of us mortals a tutorial on your round tower technique. It's mind-blowing and looks really, really good. The bright color choices here really pop and look great in sum total and as always your off-the-grid rockwork is phenomenal.

I'm not exactly sold on the 1x1 round brick assembly next to the telescope. A first I thought it was supposed to be stairs, but it appears that the path to the telescope goes behind the structure. It looks very out of place.

Thanks everyone for your compliments and criticsms, much appreciated! this thing made the journey (mostly) to christchurch and will be shown at another show at the begining of november before I destroy it, incase any of you are visiting NZ in that time. I won the 'model most likely to have you singing "let it go" award' with this :grin:

Amazingly fantastical as always :wub: I love the landscape you have here, not your most complex by any means, but super effective :thumbup: Superb shaping and color use on the tower as well.

I like how you've been doing houses for a whole family of wizards :classic:

Thanks Isaac! yeah well the way I see it, use what techniques are most effective. sometimes that might be crazy angled rocks and bionicle trees, sometimes it might just be plate-work without a single bit of snot, it's all a matter of what you're building. And yeah I thought that'd be a pretty neat thing to do, my next build won't be revealed till october earliest, waiting on parts and I need to catch up on school that i missed during the 4 months I was sick, but it'll be another magicians tower, located in kaliphlin. lots of awesome colors in that.