Hinckley

70751 Temple of Airjitzu

A beautiful set, but horribly overpriced.

Oh my word! :wub:This is quite something, almost MOC quality! I'm not sure whether I'll get it, but I'm sure anyone who does will greatly enjoy it, the build looks good, and I can see some nice techniques in there too. Well done LEGO! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

A beautiful set, but horribly overpriced.

Overpriced? It hits the beloved 10ยข per piece almost perfectly, and with a sizeable number of minifigures to boot.

Wow, what a stunning set!

Im much more of a show fan than a set fan, so not buying it, but still. Great details. My favorite is the usage of the garage doors as the curved roof. It acutally feels too extravagant minifig-wise :laugh:,with all the ninjas, plus Wu, Misako and the mailman, PLUS three more (counting the statue).

One little nitpick is that we get the elvish weapons, but STILL in gold rather than some other color, but I guess the gold color was the reason they were used in the first place.

Edited by Ardelon

I`ve never bought a Ninjagoset but this one will be the first (and probably the last) for sure. Absolutely fantastic!!

Like several other EB'ers in this thread says: I'm not a fan of Ninjago (in any way), but this set... WOOOOOW! It is really fantastic! Well... I have to add this to the several, big sets I already want from other series. And I do not even (plan to) build anything in East-Asian style. But this is so great, so many details, and interesting bricks.

Brilliant as always Adrian! :)

Edited by Toth

Its, its, its soo beautiful :cry_happy: Who is she? :

*Image is usually here, but for other reasons, I took it out*

I believe she is just a generic character who is shopping/touring.

Although I never will buy this set, because I don't have the money or the space, I think this is a very well designed set.

(But I have never seen the cartoon, so I don't know much of these buildings).

I believe she is just a generic character who is shopping/touring.

One of the official pictures shows Jay making a pass at her, though. :tongue:

70751-House-w-Trees.jpg

This set has really restored my faith in Lego. I used to collect Modulars, but the last couple have left a bad taste in my mouth. They're meant to be for adult collectors, but have become more juvenile, IMO.

Now, Lego releases this set, based on a theme targeted at youngsters, but the architecture and detailing and play features are all just mind-boggling! For a kids' set! The 2 smaller buildings look easily expandable, and I'm good with the size of the temple. What made this set an instant buy for me is the Chinese lantern effect included at the base of the temple.

That is genius.

I was pleasantly surprised by that little feature, but my kids went totally amazeballs when they saw the lantern feature demonstrated in the Designer video. The designers could have used that space to make yet another dungeon, but they went the other way and lit up the space and made something special with it.

Edited by Colossus

Weird. just watched the episodes and the temple is in a state of disrepair, haunted and windows boarded up while the set shows the ninjas actually residing here and the temple itself in a good condition.

Edited by Kamil Z

Weird. just watched the episodes and the temple is in a state of disrepair, haunted and windows boarded up while the set shows the ninjas actually residing here and the temple itself in a good condition.

They will probably clean it up and make it their home in season 7. Or writers didn't care about how the set was presented in the series, notice there isn't Desper's shop nor the other house anywhere near.

They will probably clean it up and make it their home in season 7. Or writers didn't care about how the set was presented in the series, notice there isn't Desper's shop nor the other house anywhere near.

I think the set is actually represented quite well in the show, both other buildings and the bridge are also there.

(A picture of it is inside the spoiler tags)

Edited by JasonEffex

Overpriced? It hits the beloved 10ยข per piece almost perfectly, and with a sizeable number of minifigures to boot.

I like the build, but don't care the least bit about the dull minifigs. They could have gone with half that number for all I care, most of them look the same.

The set is simply too expensive compared to, say, modulars. For comparison, at least in my country, this set cost 50 % more than Medieval Market Village. I think they should be at the same price level.

Well, the last Ninjago set I got was those Kendo minfigures in 2012, and I haven't bought anything from the line since. This however, makes me wish I collected the whole Ninjago line from the start.

This set has so many nice details in it. It would fit amazingly on the shelf as a nice display piece; for both fans and non fans of the line. Seeing the traditional based look of the temple, it makes me wish that Lego stuck to a more traditional and oriental look to the line, and maybe I may have bought more sets!

Will consider getting this!

Too late to notice this news. It looks like a very likeable set. A very good compensation for those who missed the Japanese building project from Ideas.

Good job on the missing cartoon characters, but Claire seems like a random choice that LEGO did with those TLM sets. It feels like those elemental masters would not return for good.... :sceptic:

Edited by Dorayaki

I would agree and say the figs are a bit lack luster. Even Mysako isn't a comets figure, for being a D2C I would ecpexct the white stripe on her hair and side leg printing. The fact that all the ninja are just repeats also kinda ticks me of and Dareth (which looked better in the polybag IMO) had no leg printing either. Th general build however is crazy good!

I like the build, but don't care the least bit about the dull minifigs. They could have gone with half that number for all I care, most of them look the same.

Well, they're ninja. The usual complaint I heard about previous waves was that the ninja looked too strange, colorful, and different, and the current black, traditional-looking robes seem like a direct attempt to address that. Also, the six ninja and Sensei Wu are the theme's main characters, so including them in the set will greatly boost its appeal with fans of the theme. Omitting them would have been like omitting Luke, Leia, Han, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, C-3PO, and R2-D2 from the Death Star set.

The ninja probably don't add too much to the cost of the set anyway since they all use current parts from other sets, unlike Sensei Wu, Misako, Dareth, and the postman who all use brand-new decorations (and in Misako's case, a brand-new recolor for her hair).

Edited by Aanchir