Hinckley

70751 Temple of Airjitzu

My dear God... This is just epic *oh2*

A strong contender for 2015 best set

I have only ever got Ninjago sets for my kids, but if (and that's a big if, at that price :cry_sad:) I ever get this, they can have the 'figs but the rest is mine mine mine!

I love all the interesting parts and colors, and technique used for the curves on the bridge is brilliant. This set is quite stunning.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Oh come on! First the incredible summer sets and now this... Just take my money, TLG, take all of it!!!

I have the same feeling Sandy. JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!

Ninjago isn't my favorite theme. But I do like to get the bigger buildings for this theme. This is definitely one I'll be adding to my list.

I literally don't care for Ninjago at all.....but I love this. Wow. I'm a fan of Toshiro Mifune and older Japanese samurai movies.... Might need this.

Edited by TheFuzz

I'm kind of sad. I think this set just knocked one of the others off the list of all time top 10 Lego Sets. This is just amazing. In so many ways. (Hey City and Modular fans. They just handed you a spectacular inside corner that you have been begging for for years). Practically every character I have ever wanted from the show. Stunning architecture in a nice timeless setting. I'm speechless looking at it.

I haven't collected any Ninjago sets, but I'm getting this and the morro dragon set. So well done I can't pass them up. I also love the rickshaw in master wu's dragon set, but will not be buying that set.

Edited by Dapper-D2

I like it - but would like it even more if the minifgures were more generic medieval style Japanese figures (ninjas, samurai, peasants, dayimo etc)...the Ninjago figures do nothing for me although my eldest son is already planning how to display it with his Battle of Ninjago city temple.

Very nice set. There are some good construction techniques, a lot of accessories and new interesting pieces.

I have never bought anything from Ninjago but this could be the first!

Yep, this is on my list. Whether that is the "OH my gosh I want it but can never buy it" list or the "MUST BUY!!!!" List will be one to wait around for first. It is lovely, well designed and just popping with attractive but not out-of-place colour.

Got to say something for all the nay-sayers: It is super simple to take away the Ninjago elements and figures (like the "techno ninjas") and replace them with more traditional ninja/Japanese/eastern minifigures and accessories.

Not sure of this has been pointed out yet..... don't have time to read all responses..... but as a technic fan all I can say is FLEX AXLES BABY!!!!!

Wow, this one really dropped my jaw. I collect Star Wars exclusively, but got some old ninja sets since I was a kid. And man, oh man... I just might have to get this one :D

Awesome set! Nice details, several nice functions/playability, nice parts and much minifigs.

I'm not a Ninjago fan, but this set is great :classic::thumbup:

Why does Lego keep releasing sets I want when I have no money to buy them with? Still saving up for the Ferris Wheel, The Big Bang Theory, Wall-E, and the Kwik-E-Mart. Now i have this to save up for too. If only I could convince my boyfriend to buy it for me...

Add me to the list of non-Ninjago fans who is won over by this set - looks like, as others of said, a new classic - cant say enough good things about it, incredible must-buy!

Hey City and Modular fans. They just handed you a spectacular inside corner that you have been begging for for years.

+1

That folding roof piece in the Market building... are there still more of those?

Well, if I had upward of $800 to spare, that would be a good idea. I wonder what it would look like with four combined corners? Any LDD wizards around here?

Wow! I'm not into Ninjago but that is stunning. I think it's pretty clear TLG are trying to capture a wider fan base with this one. This will become a classic.

Oh definitely. And I think with the movie coming out we will be seeing far better Ninjago sets, less "gimmicky" with a bit more care put into them. Hopefully like the normal ninja series from the 90s.

Got to say something for all the nay-sayers: It is super simple to take away the Ninjago elements and figures (like the "techno ninjas") and replace them with more traditional ninja/Japanese/eastern minifigures and accessories.

Its true. Also nice for Superheroes fans. Just bring in your Wolverine fig, with some purist Hand Ninjas and a Silver Samurai from the comics, and you have a truly stunning X-Man display. :wink:

Edited by Legocity2713

Not the greatest Ninjago fan (though I do have and really like the Sensei Wu's Dragon set), but this is a lovely set. The buildings and the construction techniques are brilliant.

This! is amazing.

Best set I've seen in a long time.

Very very nice.

Multiples.