THERIZE

Talking to much?

i just realized that within 2 months I already have more that 150 posts... Is this to much posting because i find myself posting at almost every topic i want to reply on... Don't know if its a problem to post much? Does someone have an answer?

So you decided to start a new topic? :laugh:

As long as what you're saying is useful and adds to the conversation, or if you're giving props to someone's MOC or something... then it's not a problem. I'm sure I have two month spans where I've posted more than that. On average I post a lot less, but there are some people who've been here just a year or two with more posts than me.

If you have something to say, say it!

Just don't do things like revive old threads with a "me too!" kind of post, and you'll be fine.

I've definitely gone overboard before, to the point where I replied to every post and made comments of my own each time. After a warning (and initial offense at the true accusations) I scaled back, and I try to hold back posts whenever they wouldn't be valuable. I still post a great deal, but I hope I'm a little better than I was in my early days here, when my excitement about being in this community equated to sharing everything on my mind.

The word is "too". If you were talking to much, you would be conversing with the adverb.

The word is "too". If you were talking to much, you would be conversing with the adverb.

Unless he has a dog named Much :wink:

Unless he has a dog named Much :wink:

That's a great point.

The question of excessive posting is mostly a matter of whether you're offering meaningful input or just a few common buzzwords. If you're writing paragraphs offering useful critiques, go for it! If you're mostly saying things like "Neat build!" then you're really just using up page space, to put it bluntly. I've posted way more than 150 in a single month - but every single time I had something to offer the builder (or author, if it wasn't about a MOC, like this topic). Usually I try to point out what I like about a MOC (everyone likes being built up a little, right?) and if there's something I think could be better I'll say it. Exposure on this forum is gained by posting, be it your own topic or a reply to someone else. I wouldn't worry about the number unless you feel pressured to achieve ranks, at which point I'd scale it back drastically. I want to be known but I simply couldn't care less about the ranks. Shoot, I don't even like the names for most of them. I'm currently a Knight and it's my favorite title. So post what you want - if it's truly useful or meaningful in some way. Otherwise take your finger off that trigger!