Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Actually this year was technically the anniversary of the first City Airport, the 10159 LEGO City Airport, which was a rerelease of the Century Skyway, but was (I think) one or THE first set to be released with CITY branding.

Er, 2004 was the 10159 year of release according to Peeron.

I guess the wait continues for a few more weeks for fresh details and maybe images sneaking about the net.......though the wait is almost unbearable ! :tongue:

Yes, but it was still the first airport with CITY branding. It's just that first in 2004 they released the full-sized box but in 2005 they changed to CITY.

Ah, I see though technically it's another 1990's classic town reboot which still happens these days except for the fact designers are not lazy and design new replacement sets.

Anyone think that the new Ferry is going to get a brand-new boat hull? My thoughts are that it is either going to get an entirely new hull in order to allow cars to drive into a lower deck of the ship OR the hull is going to be brick-built in order for the same to occur.

Any thoughts?

Anyone think that the new Ferry is going to get a brand-new boat hull? My thoughts are that it is either going to get an entirely new hull in order to allow cars to drive into a lower deck of the ship OR the hull is going to be brick-built in order for the same to occur.

Any thoughts?

Is it possible that it might use the boat hull from this year's Deep Sea Exploration sets? They'd need to build more of a deck onto the back, but otherwise it seems like it'd work for such a purpose...

Is it possible that it might use the boat hull from this year's Deep Sea Exploration sets? They'd need to build more of a deck onto the back, but otherwise it seems like it'd work for such a purpose...

I was thinking sort of the same thing as well... Perhaps the area with the gap in the back would hold the ramp.

Its only 30 euro so unlikely to be that big.

Its only 30 euro so unlikely to be that big.

Oh goodness, I hadn't realized that. In that case I don't know if it will even allow for vehicles at all—I don't think you'd be able to get much more than a passenger ferry at that price.

I've been messing around with LDD and I tried making a Ferry using the "rubber boat 22x10x3" and was able to make a regular sized car sit inside of the hull. I would attach images of it if I could, however I'm a new member so I don't think I can make a gallery of my own images yet.

We also have to remember that it will likely have to be buoyant as well, if it is another one of Lego's bath time ships, so probably not too tall and easily capsized.

Thank you very much for the updated set list, CM4Sci! :classic:

This year I'm the lucky one to give you information on the City sets:

60105 Fire ATV looks similar to all previous fire ATVs. A firemanm, a saw, a fire drencher and some burning scenery are included.

60106 Fire Starter Set has a mini hover craft for one fireman, a small rack with something burning on it, two firemen, a mechanic and a (fire?) diver.

60107 Fire Ladder Truck is about the same one like the 2013 one with two firemen, but with a burning barrel.

60108 Fire Response Unit is a fire heli throwing water like bombs, the 2015 racing motorcycle as fire motorcycle, a burning container (construction site), a firefighter, a fire pilot and a welder.

60109 Fire Boat has a fire boat using the hull from the Deep Sea Exploration Vehicle, but in red, the bridge is smaller, there's a huge water cannon in the front and on the left and right side a small one, a crane boom with a water cannon behind the bridge. The back part of the ship isn't closed - there's a plate in between. Additionally there's a yellow rubber boat, a burning mini lighthouse (like the one in the last CG ship) and a small rack with a little hut on it included. Minifigs are three firemen, a (fire?) diver and a man.

60110 Fire Station is very similar to the previous version, but with the small garage on the left and the big on the right, the main building is three floors big with that yellow stack in front, but with a revolving door. Small fire car (like fire chief's car), small fire heli and a fire truck looking like the one in the 2013 fire station, but with crane with rescue basket. There is even a burning hot dog and chicken cart included. Minifigs are three firemen, a fire pilot and a cook.

60111 Fire Utility Truck has a burning satellite dish on a pole, a fire truck similar to the Forest Police Truck With Boat, but without office in the back and it's six studs wide. Included is a trailer with a crane with a rescue basket. Two firemen.

60113 Rally Car looks like one of the Speed Champions cars, yellow-black, a minifig and a racing flag.

60114 Race Boat is lime-green with one minifigure and two small buoys.

60115 4x4 Off Roader looks like a giantic monster truck, six studs wide, Octan colors, with two Octan minifigs and a lot of tools.

60116 Ambulance Plane is a bit similar to the cargo heliplane, but without heliplane functions, colors mainly white, a stretcher, a motorcycle, a driver and a paramedic are included.

60117 Van Caravan actually is a blue van similar to the last SUV with jetskis, a caravan nearly the same like the 2012 version, a bbq, a dog, a woman an a man.

60118 Garbage Truck is a completely new design: It has on the left as well as on the right side a bar with which the huge, open dustbin can be pulled up to the top of the truck and be unloaded there. Huge, open dustbin with garbage, two workers and shovel and brush belong to the set.

60119 Ferry is surprisingly a car ferry, yellow-white with a very small elevated 6x6 bridge and place for (I apperciate) three regular sized cars. Minifigs are the captain and a woman who's driving a red cabriolet.

60126 Tire Escape includes a huge tire with a paddle and a police jetski, a prisoner and a policeman.

60127 Prison Island Starter Set has a small rack with a light and a little hiding place for a treasure, a mini boat for a prisoner and an open police car which looks like a car used at golf course. Minifigs are two policemen and two prisoners.

60128 Police Pursuit is a six studs wide white police racer and a red pick-up, a prisoner and a policeman.

60129 Police Patrol Boat uses the last CG ship's boat hull, but in black. Supposably it's a prison ship. A huge red rubber boat is included, too. Minifigs are three or four.

60130 Prison Island is built on a brick-built rock, there's a heliport on the sea, a prison and waste-pipe (through which one prisoner escapes) on the first floor and a watchtower (being three floors big) and another prison cell on the second. Big, black police rubber boat, little police heli, small, swamp-green prisoner's rubber boat and a hot air balloon for the prisoners to escape are included. Minifigs are four policemen and four prisoners.

I haven't info about the 60112 Fire Engine and 60131 Crooks Island. Supposably they are retail exclusives.

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for the updated set list, CM4Sci! :classic:

This year I'm the lucky one to give you information on the City sets:

60105 Fire ATV looks similar to all previous fire ATVs. A firemanm, a saw, a fire drencher and some burning scenery are included.

60106 Fire Starter Set has a mini hover craft for one fireman, a small rack with something burning on it, two firemen, a mechanic and a (fire?) diver.

60107 Fire Ladder Truck is about the same one like the 2013 one with two firemen, but with a burning barrel.

60108 Fire Response Unit is a fire heli throwing water like bombs, the 2015 racing motorcycle as fire motorcycle, a burning container (construction site), a firefighter, a fire pilot and a welder.

60109 Fire Boat has a fire boat using the hull from the Deep Sea Exploration Vehicle, but in red, the bridge is smaller, there's a huge water cannon in the front and on the left and right side a small one, a crane boom with a water cannon behind the bridge. The back part of the ship isn't closed - there's a plate in between. Additionally there's a yellow rubber boat, a burning mini lighthouse (like the one in the last CG ship) and a small rack with a little hut on it included. Minifigs are three firemen, a (fire?) diver and a man.

60110 Fire Station is very similar to the previous version, but with the small garage on the left and the big on the right, the main building is three floors big with that yellow stack in front, but with a revolving door. Small fire car (like fire chief's car), small fire heli and a fire truck looking like the one in the 2013 fire station, but with crane with rescue basket. There is even a burning hot dog and chicken cart included. Minifigs are three firemen, a fire pilot and a cook.

60111 Fire Utility Truck has a burning satellite dish on a pole, a fire truck similar to the Forest Police Truck With Boat, but without office in the back and it's six studs wide. Included is a trailer with a crane with a rescue basket. Two firemen.

60113 Rally Car looks like one of the Speed Champions cars, yellow-black, a minifig and a racing flag.

60114 Race Boat is lime-green with one minifigure and two small buoys.

60115 4x4 Off Roader looks like a giantic monster truck, six studs wide, Octan colors, with two Octan minifigs and a lot of tools.

60116 Ambulance Plane is a bit similar to the cargo heliplane, but without heliplane functions, colors mainly white, a stretcher, a motorcycle, a driver and a paramedic are included.

60117 Van Caravan actually is a blue van similar to the last SUV with jetskis, a caravan nearly the same like the 2012 version, a bbq, a dog, a woman an a man.

60118 Garbage Truck is a completely new design: It has on the left as well as on the right side a bar with which the huge, open dustbin can be pulled up to the top of the truck and be unloaded there. Huge, open dustbin with garbage, two workers and shovel and brush belong to the set.

60119 Ferry is surprisingly a car ferry, yellow-white with a very small elevated 6x6 bridge and place for (I apperciate) three regular sized cars. Minifigs are the captain and a woman who's driving a red cabriolet.

60126 Tire Escape includes a huge tire with a paddle and a police jetski, a prisoner and a policeman.

60127 Prison Island Starter Set has a small rack with a light and a little hiding place for a treasure, a mini boat for a prisoner and an open police car which looks like a car used at golf course. Minifigs are two policemen and two prisoners.

60128 Police Pursuit is a six studs wide white police racer and a red pick-up, a prisoner and a policeman.

60129 Police Patrol Boat uses the last CG ship's boat hull, but in black. Supposably it's a prison ship. A huge red rubber boat is included, too. Minifigs are three or four.

60130 Prison Island is built on a brick-built rock, there's a heliport on the sea, a prison and waste-pipe (through which one prisoner escapes) on the first floor and a watchtower (being three floors big) and another prison cell on the second. Big, black police rubber boat, little police heli, small, swamp-green prisoner's rubber boat and a hot air balloon for the prisoners to escape are included. Minifigs are four policemen and four prisoners.

I haven't info about the 60112 Fire Engine and 60131 Crooks Island. Supposably they are retail exclusives.

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you, Klaus! Btw, any chance to see prel. pictrues in this or next week?..

I've got the information because I saw the prelimary pictures.

For my taste the Prison Island Police sets are - excpect from the starter pack - boring. :sceptic:

But the Fire and the Great Vehicles sets are - apart from the Racing Car - all absolutely amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Klaus-Dieter

I've got the information because I saw the prelimary pictures.

For my taste the Prison Island Police sets are - excpect from the starter pack - boring. :sceptic:

But the Fire and the Great Vehicles sets are - apart from the Racing Car - all absolutely amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you once again! Now i hope that we will see those pictures very soon :)

Ah man, I can't wait to see the new pictures! The ferry sounds amazing, and the Prison Island sounds a lot cooler than I thought they were going to make it. Does the Ferry use a float-able hull piece?

Thanks Klaus-Dieter! Super detailed stuff! :sweet:

Nothing from what you listed amazes me. I'm sad to hear the ferry is just one that holds cars, honestly.

a prison and waste-pipe (through which one prisoner escapes)

Am I the only one who read this and hoped that there will be a Lego lady pinup poster printed tile covering the escape route?

Thanks for the info Klaus-Dieter!

As I suspected, 2016 will be cheap year for me. Everything in that list sounds meh

Thanks for the rundown, I find all a bit meh except for the ferry, a nice coincidence since I wanted to build one after riding one in Istanbul, Turkey in the summer.

Well we never know until we do see the prelims or the real box arts ourselves, so I'll play Doubting Thomas and only believe it when I see it and touch the wound with my two fingers (not like the whole lot of you). About half the sets sound rather spectacular, but the descriptions for, say, the Fire Station made me interested in the little bits of the build.

As for the Rally Car... looks like the Speed Champions C7 Corvette Z06 has got himself a teammate!

Edited by XAxles

A hot air balloon? Haha, awesome! Other than that, boring typical City sets.

Thanks again, Klaus!