Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Edit: The picture shows the baby being held. Is that realistic?

Not as shown in the pic

But I think a minifigure can hold it. It's like a micro

Edited by Robert8

I'm so hooked on all the new torso prints. TLG dropped as many jackets and sweater. That park must be very cold.

So many nice parts in this set.

My top 5 favorite parts from the set are:

The wheelchair

The child head with the freckles and glasses

The white hair on the grandma fig

The space torso on the kid playing soccer

The baby

Well, I know now that I'll be buying than one Fun In The Park, two at least you gotta have two soccer nets for a game of soccer right ? :).

Gee, the last time we had a city minifig pack was back in 2009, long over due I say.

Fun in the Park is an absolute DREAM of a set! It just looks beautiful, I can't wait to use it to inject some life into the little park set-up I already have. Already planning to have that poor hot dog salesman get a bit of nasty competition from the Friends Hot Dog van. :laugh:

Beautiful set filled with great pieces. Only thing I'd change is that I'd use the old football piece for the ball, but I have two of those, so I'll swap one in. :wub:

What a fantastic set. I hope it sells really well, because I remember buying the civilian pack in 2009, as well as one of the Lego Education sets of civilian minifigures, and just loving them. I've always been obsessed with sets that focus on civilian life, and this is one of the best civilian sets ever, I think.

Now, as for that bus stop sign - Can we PLEASE get a new Lego bus? I missed City Corner, it's one of my biggest regrets. :cry_sad:

Thx Maxsupercar. I can then confirm that the detachable part IS the base on the ground next to the volcano posted a few pages back (bottom right). There we see the same legs and even the interior and the walls supported by green technic bricks. No wonder the structure looks so strange and out of place :) I will try to mod so that the helicopter cabin can enter the lab as well :)

Picture courtesy of user Klodsbrik :). Thank you for this picture.

24514960824_1ef2cfefe6_c.jpg

It seems this Heavy Haul Helicopter set, includes yet another vulcano. It's a 1277 pieces set! That might be the most expensive City set, since the ±800 pieces set is already 119.99$

I think the most recent City Town Square set is like $140 or something like that (which I had no idea about, that is pricey..)

The child head with the freckles and glasses

I thought it was an adult with short legs, like a little person. But you're right, it's a child :grin:

26317833635_9178484776_o.png

Edited by Robert8

I think the most recent City Town Square set is like $140 or something like that (which I had no idea about, that is pricey..)

You're right, that set is $189! 1683 pieces.

My experience is that such sets have a large price fluctuation and that it's a matter of finding the right deal.

The normal price for 60097 (city square) here in Belgium is €170 (195 dollars give or take), but I got my box for €119 (135 dollars) right

after the holiday period ended in january. The same goes for 66493 (blue cargo train value pack) which ranges from €160 to €270.

There is still no way that Gas Station is $90, it's only like 600 pcs.

Well, then buy it on sale like I will ;)

Well, then buy it on sale like I will ;)

It's a licensed set; they had to pay the Octan licensing fee to Lord Business!

There is still no way that Gas Station is $90, it's only like 600 pcs.

Tell me about it. :hmpf_bad: I'm finding it easier to buy licensed sets instead of City sets these days.

I still have the 2007 Service Station (which remains such a lovely set) so I'm definitely not going to shell out the money to get this new version.

City has definitely become tremendously expensive - other than the Fun in the Park set, I'm actually leaning now more toward Creator and Friends as means of expanding my town.

That gas station looks a little odd for not having a 32x32 plate.

I might pick up at least 2 of those park sets!

I actually got the City Square set for $155 at the Lego store last month.

Edited by Silverwolf28

I really like the design of the Gas Station but if it is overly expensive, as many of you guys are saying it will be, then I will pick it up on sale. I also love the private jet - I want to use it as a mayoral/presidential transport, but again, will most likely wait till a sale. What is up with the pilot's left eye in the starter set? :grin:

My experience is that such sets have a large price fluctuation and that it's a matter of finding the right deal.

The normal price for 60097 (city square) here in Belgium is €170 (195 dollars give or take), but I got my box for €119 (135 dollars) right

after the holiday period ended in january. The same goes for 66493 (blue cargo train value pack) which ranges from €160 to €270.

True. I got the Value Pack for €150, and saw it even for €140 later.

A little bit off-topic, but shouldn't this be pinned? Is this information not relevant or in any way important?

Good to see the return of the mailbox piece in yellow in the Airport Starter Set.

Its not clear whether the airmail logos on the doors in the set are printed or stickered though, can anyone tell?