Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I rode a ferry in Turkey and I like how the set has some resemblance to it. Even though it has a lot missing. But that's where MOD comes in. I plan on buying two and making a large one.

I've been tempted to find a use for those giant plates (the dark grey ones that have been available for a while) but they just feel very un-LEGO-like to me.

I don't see how they're any less LEGO-like than ordinary road plates. In fact I think it'd be really cool if road plates were replaced with tiles like this with road stripe printing, which would allow for much more customization.

I remember 4435 and missing out on it (priced at ~16 euros in late 2012).

The 60117 looks like it will be redemption for me :)

I am so looking forward to that new set.

Edited by Lego_v194

For what it is I think the ferry makes for a nice basic set that can be quiet easily made into a far more detailed model, the number of shortcomings that the model has can be fixed with a few simple alterations such as adding a ladder to access the cabin, I have seen small ferries such as these in real life and I think it pretty much captures the spirit of these types of vessels.

I was wondering why this lamp on the back and front of the cabin is covering the sticker with 'SEAWAYS' behind it....pretty awkward....

New polybag -

30349 Sports Car

*snip*

Why haven't you gotten a Bothan spy title yet? :sweet: :sweet: :laugh: :laugh:

New polybag -

30349 Sports Car

Oh cool! It has a pretty high bar, though, cuz 2015 was seriously one of the best for City polybags. I mean, the racer (with an incredible parts selection) and the moon rover (astronaut!)? Don't know if this meets it. But is that gonna stop me from getting it? No :laugh:

Edited by Junior Shark

Oh cool! It has a pretty high bar, though, cuz 2015 was seriously one of the best for City polybags. I mean, the racer (with an incredible parts selection) and the moon rover (astronaut!)? Don't know if this meets it. But is that gonna stop me from getting it? No :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Despite being comically undersized compared to most modern LEGO cars, this sports car polybag actually looks really cute!

I can really see that being a good sized sports car, especially compared to the size of other cars and City vehicles. If you've ever compared a Dodge Viper or Pagani Zonda to a Honda Accord in size and shape, this is fairly reasonable.

I can really see that being a good sized sports car, especially compared to the size of other cars and City vehicles. If you've ever compared a Dodge Viper or Pagani Zonda to a Honda Accord in size and shape, this is fairly reasonable.

Well, I don't think anyone has directly compared a Viper to an Accord :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:, but I know what you mean.

Someone's seen the summer catalog and says the biggest set is a Volcano Rescue sort of set. Research or something.

Also a playground set with 10 minifigs.

I'll post more when I get it.

When you get it .... Uhhh .... Set or catalog ? *huh*

Edited by KlodsBrik

I heard about the playground set like last year, and thought it was cancelled. Well, then it was the park set. So glad it's coming! :wub:

HOW is there already summer news? LEGO's really got no security.

Dude. This thing where Lego has a super strict leak policy and stuff doesn't come out until December only started two years ago. Before that it was fair game for extensive summer news in November.

Anyways.............

City Park sounds great, although with ten minifies the price is sure to be on the high side. I don't know how though.

The Volcano set gives me reason the believe that this list is fake because the Nexo Knights flagship summer wave set is also a Volcano.

Playground sounds interesting.... especially if it is a 10 minifigures set

The volcano rescue set sounds iffy but I hope it's true

I want a playground so bad, well, that and a school bus! The Volcano sounds interesting. I could see them branching off into Resarch themes, it'd be wecome aside the numerous police and fire stuff we get. Plus, with all then aria till and recent Rescue sets in the Friends theme, I don't think its all that "out there."

Someone's seen the summer catalog and says the biggest set is a Volcano Rescue sort of set. Research or something.

Also a playground set with 10 minifigs.

I'll probably buy the volcano :laugh: :laugh:

I want a playground so bad, well, that and a school bus! The Volcano sounds interesting. I could see them branching off into Resarch themes, it'd be wecome aside the numerous police and fire stuff we get. Plus, with all then aria till and recent Rescue sets in the Friends theme, I don't think its all that "out there."

+1 on the bus

LEGO City is going places! Never noticed it until now, but City has a continuous subtheme with the most thrilling on-the-edge research they can come up with. Space*, Artic, Deep sea and now Volcanoes. The last big volcano sort of thing they did is this one: http://brickset.com/sets/8637-1/Volcano-Base

I am really curious (assuming the rumor is true) wether it will be a large, tall facade, or a lower, closed cone. It probably has a small base camp too.

I'm really excited about the City research subtheme and I wonder what's to come. I dare bet on a storm chaser vehicle and also a weather station on a mountain top (combined with telescope!) would be very nice.

*underwhelming imo, it just lacked a 99.99€ space station