Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Anyone know if Target is selling the Park set? They don't have anything new but the SW sets on the site. If you have bought it from Target, could you please share the DPCI? It'd be helpful! Thanks

Never mind, went today and they had it. Couldn't get it though! 204-00-1774

Would that allow me to play a form of LCU within Dimensions on PS3?

I certainly doubt it'd include anything close to the full game. The LCU content will probably amount to some sort of follow-up to the Wii U version. Exactly how much of a follow-up it is depends on what types of packs we get. A "story pack" like the new ones that are being released for the new Ghostbusters and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them would be the closest to a full sequel, featuring multiple story levels, an open-world "adventure world", and a multiplayer battle arena. But considering all of the announced story packs tie in with major movie releases and LCU does not, I think it's probably more likely that we'll just get a Level Pack (one story level, adventure world, and battle arena), or even just Team Packs/Fun Packs (only unlocking the adventure world and battle arena).

Anyone know if Target is selling the Park set? They don't have anything new but the SW sets on the site. If you have bought it from Target, could you please share the DPCI? It'd be helpful! Thanks

I saw it in store yesterday.

Nope. They should start to leak in August.

Ok, thanks. I was just wondering because some other themes are leaking now.

Does anyone else think the 2016 ambulance plane is poorly made

It's £18.99 where I live and when purchased it i was surprised at the size of it

And the inside was empty I have the 2014 ambulance which I paid £15 for and it had some equipment inside unlike the plane

The plane when compared to the helicopter from the helicopter rescue set ( the hospital one) looks quite identical

Plane*

Sorry auto correct messes things up

Thanks to who ever fixed the title

:D

In my opinion all the Lego city sets are getting smaller and less detailed yet going up in price.

I agree. The planes released this year is quite underwhelming in general. The passenger jet is made of mostly large pieces with little secondary usability and the freight plane looks also very "compact", if not stubby. Sadly, as the pound is at the moment, Lego doesn't looks to get much cheaper, and on top of that their pricing policy is pretty bold lately anyway.

I know a lot of people were disappointed the silver hazmat guy was only in the big Volcano set, but their parts are up on Bricks and Pieces. I just received one and its a cool figure.

Yeah Bricks & Pieces is a great way to obtain parts like that. In previous orders from Bricks & Pieces I picked up the printed 2 x 2 space shuttle blueprints tile from the big space launch pad (among other rare/neat parts) and in my next order I intend to pick up the hazmat suit parts along with the big red tail from the air show stunt jet, the new pilot torso from the cargo plane and a bunch more besides. Just need the money :)

Oh and the hazmat suit guy is also in the 60125 Volcano Heavy Lift Helicopter (which is a retailer exclusive set I believe)

Picked up the Fun in the Park set yesterday (now that its finally hit local retail) and its awesome. Great source of parts and a fun build too, lets all buy one so LEGO sees how popular it is and makes more of the same :)

If I hadn't just used up the rest of my LEGO budget on Series 16 Minifigs (which also just hit local retail :) and a bunch of nice parts from Bricks & Pieces, I would be giving serious thought to buying a second Fun in the Park. Yes its THAT good :)

Fun in the Park was frequently in the top seller list on S@H, therefore I will bet that TLG got the message that sets like that are appreciated. The nice thing about this particular set is that you could have a lot of various combinations to make new minifigures. If you buy more than one, having duplicates of most of the parts/builds is beneficial. Who would not want that second hot dog bun, bicycle, wheelchair, baby, etc? Hopefully, more minifigure packs like this will be frequent in the City sets. I would also be curious to see which demographic groups are buying these.

And the best part is that the good stuff from Fun in the Park is available from Bricks & Pieces. Only parts not currently available (for Australia in any case) are the soccer ball, 2 x 2 red plate, 2 of the heads, the black hair piece, the dark blue female suit torso and the beanie.

I bought a few of the parts in my most recent Bricks & Pieces order and am now wishing I had ordered more since there are a few I could potentially use multiples of (although if the finances and availability-at-retail line up I may just buy a second copy of the set to get a second copy of the good torsos and things that I didn't order from Bricks & Pieces :)

Fun in the Park was frequently in the top seller list on S@H, therefore I will bet that TLG got the message that sets like that are appreciated. The nice thing about this particular set is that you could have a lot of various combinations to make new minifigures. If you buy more than one, having duplicates of most of the parts/builds is beneficial. Who would not want that second hot dog bun, bicycle, wheelchair, baby, etc? Hopefully, more minifigure packs like this will be frequent in the City sets. I would also be curious to see which demographic groups are buying these.

A local store parted out the set and sold the individual 'scenes' separately, so I got another goalpost and the two kids playing there to make it a proper field. Not really tempted for multiples of the rest though.

In my opinion all the Lego city sets are getting smaller and less detailed yet going up in price.

It varies. Of the last three fire stations (7208, 60004, and 60110), each has contained substantially more than the last (in terms of weight, piece count, and number of minifigures), and the newest has both the lowest price per piece and the lowest price per gram.

Of the last three air terminals (3182, 60022, and 60104), the sticker price has remained stable, but the newest one weighs the most, has one more minifigure, and has only nine fewer pieces than its counterpart from 2010.

Of the last five police stations (7498, 4440, 60047, 60069, and 60130), this year's has the second lowest price per piece and price per gram, placing behind 60047 by a very narrow margin and ahead of any of the others by a wider margin. It also has the most minifigures.

Of the last three full-size garbage trucks (7991, 4432, and 60118), the newest one has a price per piece and price per gram equal to or lower than either of its predecessors.

All those comparisons are without making any inflation adjustments, so if you adjusted for inflation the prices on the current sets might look even more favorable. I acknowledge that there are certainly other sets (such as basically any ship with a floating hull) where the contents have failed to increase at the same rate as the price. And then there are sets like the new service station where it's tough to make any sense of their pricing (unless the City designers somehow decided people would pay that much more for an alternate model in a City set). But it definitely doesn't seem like there's been an across the board shift towards higher prices for less substance.

Edited by Aanchir

If you went/go to Walmart today, you can get a free Sports Car for no reason whatsoever.

-

:grin: if a retailer do this in my area it will be gone in minutes.

Too good a polybag to be just given away... probably needs some personal info or sign up before claiming?