Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hey! Does anyone know the release date for the summer wave sets here in Canada? Cheers.

Don't they sort of match up? I am in Japan (considerably far from any other region not Asia) and all city sets that are allowed to be sold here will begin sale on 6/4. Has Canada had largely different release dates compared to the U.S.?If not I would imagine June 1st being a good time to look around and see if any stores near you have new LEGO inventory =) The only exception for us is NEXO Knights, their summer wave will arrive sometime after 8/1 here. City and Star Wars all 6/4. (though that usually refers to the arrival date to consumer, meaning likely 6/1 or 6/2 for store inventory arrivals)

+++EDIT+++

Gah just double checked release dates again. LEGO City summer sets are out July 1st not June 4th. June 4th only applies to Star Wars sets. Now I am sad ; ; Next I'll hear fun in the park is a regional exclusive >< grr.

Edited by Japanbuilder

Really happy to see a fair conversion rate on the garage - I was worried seeing the Garage was $90 because I thought that would mean around £70-£80 but £60 is actually fair enough. £60 = $88 so that seems right to me. Now if only they could do the same for Star Wars sets

Does anybody know when the Airport Terminal set is going to be released?

August 1, I believe.

I saw it for sale in my local TRU in Scotland at the weekend & it has the 1st June as the release date on the UK Lego SAH site.

I don't know if the US release dates will be the same or not.

I waited until today to order the fun in the park set, so I could get the free 40221 fountain polybox.

Together they represent a better value for money in my opinion. €45 is a tad on the expensive side for just the park set. Luckely I also had some VIP points to further reduce the price.

If I get another copy of this set I'll definitly look for a better bargain elsewhere.

New sets out in Ireland today. I hadn't really paid any attention to the new Volcano sets but I've been re-reading Jurrasic park and the lost world recently and think you could make some great MOC vehicles using all those lovely green pieces. I think I'll have to pick up some later. Also a bit disappointed the city people pack is €45.

I like collecting City truck sets.. The garbage truck was kind of a letdown. Any cool trucks for the rest of the year I wonder :)

I waited until today to order the fun in the park set, so I could get the free 40221 fountain polybox.

Together they represent a better value for money in my opinion. €45 is a tad on the expensive side for just the park set. Luckely I also had some VIP points to further reduce the price.

If I get another copy of this set I'll definitly look for a better bargain elsewhere.

Me too! I'm guessing lots of people did, because Fun in the Park is now out of stock till 16 June

I purchased Airport VIP Service today, and I think it's a really cool set.

26802324703_52360e3f09_c.jpg

The price/parts ratio isn't great, but the build feels solid enough for the price. There are a couple of large bricks/plates/prefab hull elements in the plane, which are probably what drove the price up. The limo is near flawless, it's just a shame you can only fit 2 minifigures inside. A great addition to any city.

Overall, a solid 3.5/5 stars. :sweet:

Hey! Does anyone know the release date for the summer wave sets here in Canada? Cheers.

Same as the States :sweet:

i totally forgot about the fountain polybox coming out, so when i got the email about it i was quite happy.

i wasnt going to purchase the new petrol station for a while but this gave me an incentive to do it haha.

also quick question, im going legoland on sunday since i was a little kid so im buzzing. if i bought anything would i still get the offer for the fountain or would it be different as i know it is merlin instead of actual lego owned aswell.

Argos in the UK have the new city items on display with a brochure stating that set 60132 Service Station is exclusive to them (apart from lego stores and S&H) at £59.99. Will wait until they have their next 3 for 2 offer as would be good to join 2 of these together and have a 3rd to make the alternative build.

Last Friday, we received two 60134 (Fun in the park) sets, for 37 Euros each. Great deal, especially since with LEGO it has been on backorder in The Netherlands (for 44,95 Euros, mind you).

14 minifigs with new torsos (and some new hair pieces and heads), a bicycle, a wheel chair AND a baby (one of the best new molds ever) for 37 Euros? As Modular/City AFOLs, we're ecstatic.

Best 74 Euros we invested in LEGO for a long time.

And, since it looks like the baby will be present in CMF series 16, with different colours, a modular child care MOC might be in the making! :laugh:

I love kids. As long as they don't make any noise. Or show any other signs of their presence, for that matter.

Edited by Withacee

And, since it looks like the baby will be present in CMF series 16, with different colours, a modular child care MOC might be in the making! :laugh:

I love kids. As long as they don't make any noise. Or show any other signs of their presence, for that matter.

*huh*:head_back::laugh_hard: Too true.

Ha! Don't forget destroying our Lego creations! Often find myself almost saying to my nieces "it's not a toy". Oh wait....

I use to hate when my younger family members would destroy my builds. ugh lol

This might be slightly off-topic, but one of the new franchises announced for the second year of Dimensions packs is Lego City Undercover! Personally, I hope this means we might get figs of characters from the original game who were never released in sets, most notably Rex Fury. There are also story packs that feature multiple story levels now, as well—if Lego City Undercover gets one of those then it could possibly include several recent City subthemes that weren't in the original game, including Arctic, Deep Sea, and Volcano Explorers.

Anyone know if Target is selling the Park set? They don't have anything new but the SW sets on the site. If you have bought it from Target, could you please share the DPCI? It'd be helpful! Thanks

Aug 1st for the rest of the sets. They're up on the CA shop at home site as we speak.

Ha! Don't forget destroying our Lego creations! Often find myself almost saying to my nieces "it's not a toy". Oh wait....

Lego is a toy. All you can say is that it's your toy.

This might be slightly off-topic, but one of the new franchises announced for the second year of Dimensions packs is Lego City Undercover! Personally, I hope this means we might get figs of characters from the original game who were never released in sets, most notably Rex Fury. There are also story packs that feature multiple story levels now, as well—if Lego City Undercover gets one of those then it could possibly include several recent City subthemes that weren't in the original game, including Arctic, Deep Sea, and Volcano Explorers.

Would that allow me to play a form of LCU within Dimensions on PS3?