Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

That is so expensive...

This wave in general definitely is very expensive. But despite it, that Fun in the Park set is gonna be mine!

The gas station costs $89.99 USD.

:distressed: Good thing I'm not really interested in City these days...

I bring moderately good news: the Gas Station is available for pre-order for €71,99 at Dutch retailer Brickshop. Other summer City sets are there as well with a pre-order discount: http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/city.html

More Jangbricks review fun, Vacation Getaway 31052

Really excited to see this set. Even better than I originally thought. This is the first 3 in 1 set that I might get extras for the alternative builds. Hopefully it will come out on S@H in June to make the fountain promotion.

Found this at TRU today. It was the first time I paid full price for a City set in a long time. I just couldn't resist it.

26451513343_3235c551e3_c.jpg

Found this at TRU today. It was the first time I paid full price for a City set in a long time. I just couldn't resist it.

26451513343_3235c551e3_c.jpg

I still don't get why this is better than 4 starter sets with 16 MF and 400+ pieces. Yeah, it has some new stuff, but still seems to be overpriced, especially since a lot of the MFs are children and most without any leg prints.

Edited by wgemini

I still don't get why this is better than 4 starter sets with 16 MF and 400+ pieces. Yeah, it has some new stuff, but still seems to be overpriced, especially since a lot of the MFs are children and most without any leg prints.

Maybe some of us actually want more child figs? And don't care about leg printing? Seriously, leg printing has got to be the single most overrated aspect of minifigures; people are always acting like it completely makes or breaks an entire set.

Maybe some of us actually want more child figs? And don't care about leg printing? Seriously, leg printing has got to be the single most overrated aspect of minifigures; people are always acting like it completely makes or breaks an entire set.

You should see how they talk about it in the SW forum :ugh:, let alone arm printing.....

Thank you very much for the reviews, just2good! :classic:

I've got mixed feelings about the Airport Starter Set. On the one hand it's good to get a mailbox, an Octan worker, a mailman and another airport mechanic in a cheap set. On the other hand two hand trucks are silly (better would have been to get two 1x2x1 parcels) and the heli doesn't look that well designed. Why didn't TLG use the regular "two skids with hanger"-piece?! :sceptic:

The Cargo Plane is really a brilliant set! Its exterior as well as the small cargo vehicle are very well built. And luckily TLG did learn from its mistake and gives us a huge cargo loading place inside the plane (in contrast to the heliplane). :wub:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I love when people complain that LEGO did NOT use a big useless piece. I think the helicopter is ver y80s-90s feel to it with some new pieces. If anything I still hate that windshield, it just isn't quiet right.

I also think the park set is HUGELY over rated and will just wait for the baby and wheelchair set to come with a hospital that is obviously coming out next year.

I H-A-T-E lego printing 90% of the time. It's not needed and makes you keep the figure together because they have to match the torso. Those new double molds that have 'boots' in the feet. Don't get me started. So the park set has to use plane ones just so you can mix and match better.

I think everyone liked the Park set because LEGO doesn't seem to ever release new City torsos or faces. You get more new torso in the Junior sets, but rarely in city sets unless they are for a new sub theme.

Edited by Bricknblue

You have got a point there, wgemini, it might be cheaper to buy four starter sets. The only thing is most starter sets contain police officers and fire men - which I guess most EB'ers have plenty of. Therefore Fun in the Park is so interesting - it contains more all normal citizens for the our cities. And accessories for the streets.

I want this set as well, maybe even two of it. So far I have no grey hairs (for my minifigs - not personally... :blush: ) plus the painter will get a company, I guess. And maybe a gardening company...? And bikes... And... and... and... :grin: - I wait for some kind of discount though, as I normally do...

Do you think the leaked pic of S16 has something to do with the "Fun at the Park" set being released now?

Because it was scheduled for august, as we saw in the Toy Fairs.

It looks like one of those Harpoon pieces notably from the Deep Sea theme (I forgot the name) from the 90's. But It's In Dark Grey. It's not a new piece but It might be In a new color.

EDIT: Yea, It's not a new piece. It's on this set from 2007.

7776-1.jpg?200702030147

Edited by Nexo Bricks

The piece dates back to 1995 and was used with AquaZone, the Aquanauts and Aquasharks.

It's a newer version of that, actually—the new ones as of last year don't have ridges on the "handle". But it's neither new nor new in silver, and has already appeared in that color in seven sets.

After building it I feel that yes it would be better if it were less expensive, but it is not very overpriced. The 14 unique minifigures are comparable in quality and design to the collectable minifigures, and 14 CMFs would cost about as much as this set. The minifigures in this set are not as quirky or fun or specialized as the CMFs but that makes them more useful in a city setup. All of them have accessories, the baby, wheelchair, and hotdog bun are the standouts. All of the parts can be switched around so that you have lots of potential for customizing, in fact the last page of the instructions encourages you to do this.

I doubt a CMF series of ordinary people would sell well, but I'm sure a lot of other FOLs have been wanting more average minifigs and this set will satisfy them.

26971700082_0efea3a44e_c.jpg

Oh and the baby's head comes off. The hole is the same as a standard bar, just like the Friends minidolls.

27032931546_586e87b1c3_c.jpg

26791429690_f2e9118e7e_c.jpg

The gas station costs $89.99 USD.

:cry_sad: I wish they wouldn't add vehicles just for the sake of adding them. This set could've been $15 cheaper probably without that street sweeper. They have more than enough vehicle only sets, they don't need them in big sets like this...just to pad the price.

Edit: that Friends headed baby is frightening. :tongue:

Edited by Vindicare

Oh and the baby's head comes off. The hole is the same as a standard bar, just like the Friends minidolls.

*oh2*

Thanks for the nightmares!

Hey! Can you snap a picture of a baby head on a stick?

And on the end of a Banana?!

And on a Minidoll?

And on Scooby Doo!

And anywhere else we may be ridiculous and curious enough to desire to see?

And can you put the Spiky Mace piece from the Series 15 Knight on the baby's body???

Please! Thanks!

Edited by Actor Builder

That's interesting, but ultimately pointless.

Silly. Thnere is no pointless connections in Lego! Somebody is now thinking how to use baby bodies in modular. I am sure.

Edited by Lordofdragonss