Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Thank you very much for these two reviews, just2good! :classic:

I dislike the exploration truck - too huge for its length, no car doors, too blocky and no interesting accessory coming with it. :thumbdown:

But the small cargo plane looks really brilliant! Esp. together with the small transport car this is a great set with a great price ratio performance! :wub:

I'm looking forward to your next review! :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Not much has been grabbing me this season, but weirdly the City Airport stuff is a bit of an exception - at least, the cargo plane and mail helo (the latter of which J2G posted a video on earlier today) look small and nifty enough to check out. I haven't actually picked up anything in the way of City since the Arctic subtheme, but I've never really done the airport stuff before at all - the biggest modern aircraft set I've built was the 2010 Space Shuttle. While i'm undecided at best on the bigger sets, these two look like they'd be a good start, and the next-closest is the business jet.

The skyvan-style cargo plane is definitely not a bad build for the pricepoint, and based on the photos and video looks like it has a fair bit of actual cargo space for its size (compated to other recent 'cargo planes'). Do have to wonder why the tail boom is connected with hinges; I can't see a mechanical reason for it with the back ramp.

Although the starter set with the mail chopper is pretty basic to say the least, I somehow dig the simplicity. The only thing that kinda throws me is the use of the 2-wide plate for the tail boom - feels clunky. Is that a thing with small Lego helis these days?

What is the price for 60125?

I'm asking because this set is already available in one Kharkiv's Lego shop (in more than week before other city summer sets :wacko: )and I'm interested, if it's price isn't higher than should be.

Edited by dimaks13

I quite like that, actually. It has a classic town vibe to me, definitely more so than a Juniors feel.

It actually looks like an update of the small helicopter from Century Skyway/City Airport, mixing in the mailboxes of the larger helicopter from the same set.

I like it too, for same reasons as bootz, it reminds me of good old classic town.

And "juniors" feel is intentional: those are "starter" sets, meant as introduction to the theme, with focus on minifigs (you get four fo 10euro which is not bad) and just a simple vehicle.

Other than the name, I don't see any problems whatsoever with that starter set. Pretty much what we're used to from these kinds of sets - a couple of small builds plus 4 minifigs to populate some of the bigger sets from this year's City sub-theme.

I quite like that, actually. It has a classic town vibe to me, definitely more so than a Juniors feel.

It actually looks like an update of the small helicopter from Century Skyway/City Airport, mixing in the mailboxes of the larger helicopter from the same set.

Classic town is what I was thinking too!

Nice little set : the helicopter remind me the first i got!

Too bad stickers are coming into starter sets :/

Jangbricks has his first reviews of the summer wave up - the park and air show sets - and there seems to be lots of stuff to like about the City sets. Price is a concern, but I'll be picking up some city sets for sure.

Jangbricks has his first reviews of the summer wave up - the park and air show sets - and there seems to be lots of stuff to like about the City sets. Price is a concern, but I'll be picking up some city sets for sure.

His review just confirmed to me that Fun in the Park is probably one of the absolute best sets to come out this year! Absolute must-have, I really appreciate the variety of minifigs, detailed accessories/surroundings, and the inclusion of the baby and wheelchair! The bus stop sign is even printed! LEGO went above and beyond what they had to do here, and I hope the set does wonderfully because it is a beautiful, excellent set. :wub: I don't think the price is too steep for this one, so I'm very happy!

The Airshow set actually seems much better now than it did before. I really like the look of the planes in the hangar and each plane individually has some very cool looks to them, and the minifigures are very strong indeed. It's not something I'm going to buy - I'm fairly deathly afraid of the idea of planes so it does me well to be away from them, even LEGO ones. :laugh:

Jang is great to have reviews out so early, thanks Jang! And thanks BlockLogo for the head's up! :thumbup:

Yeah, I hope the Park set sells really well so Lego gets the message that this is something everyone wants. The 14 minifigs included are not quite the value of a CMF, but still a lot of rare or exclusive torsos and hairpieces, and a lot of added value in new molds and little builds. The price for this set seems fair enough. It's the airport sets and the gas station that seem pricey. I love that gas station though, and I will prolly get at least one to expand on.

Just went to the Spirit of St. Louis Airshow today, (yes, it was amazing) and I must say, the biplane and one of the stunt planes are pretty accurate. At first I thought that stunt biplanes aren't suppose to have a dome over it, but it turns out they do. The jet was also accurate. Not the best, but certainly not the worst. Sorry, I don't have any pictures though.

More Jangbricks review fun, Vacation Getaway 31052

It and a lot of Creator/City sets have been popping up in the states, but any word on when they come out in the UK?

I found the new LEGO Octan Gas Station set at my local Toys "R" Us store.

I can't wait for the Gas Station. I still have my 2013 Tanker Truck. I decided to get the Cargo Plane yesterday. Really solid set. I put It flying in my town. It looks nice.

I really love that air show set. There are some useful jacket torsos and that new star printed helmet is amazing! Loving this year's city sets. Way better than previous years.