Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Dude.... everyone in social networks is going crazy with the "Fun at the Park" set

That thing is just going to disappear from the shelves

By the way, are those the first LEGO twins?

Harry Potter Weasley twins earlier, maybe others.

Isn't this already being discussed in the 'rumours and discussion' topic???

To avoid having people talk about this set in two places, I've merged this thread with the City 2016 discussion thread.

Media is going crazy with the new wheelchair! :classic:

Yes, I love the wheel chair too (no idea why the fig's hands are a different colour, though), and even though the hype and PC level are pretty nauseating, it's always good to see Lego making the headlines.

But seriously:

"Embarrassingly Overdue"?

"This move by Lego is massive in terms of ending cultural marginalisation; it will speak volumes to children, disabled or otherwise, the world over"?

It's Legos, people, get a grip already...

EDIT: The comments on Brickset are an amusing read, by the way :laugh:

Edited by Withacee

I think this set should probably get its own thread, as let's be honest, it would absolutely dominate the discussion in the regular 2016 thread. As for the set itself, the builds are a bit lacking but the minifigures are incredible. The wheelchair should hopefully pave the way for a large scale hospital and possibly Professor X/Oracle minifigures in the future. :moar:

Add in the cmf crutches and surgeon's hair cap, friends' stethoscope, a nice new update hospital/clinic would be great. Even better as a moduler.... Prof X and Oracle are great ideas too

Edited by Fightingswords

They have talked about the wheelchair in the radio. Love the sets of this wave,but my favourites 60102-60104-60132

A nice change in color, but the volcano is a small hill at best.

A lot of people are saying this, but it seems to me that it's bigger than most LEGO mountains, especially ones that are finished on all sides instead of just being open in the back. 22 by 22 studs at the base and 13 bricks tall at its peak. I sort of wish it were a bit wider at the base so it wouldn't be quite so steep, but overall I think it's a great design and I'm glad they chose to include a whole volcanic crater and not just some lava floes to "suggest" a volcanic setting.

I wonder if anybody got a video of its erupting function.

Looks like they are bringing alternative models to the City line. Check out the 2:1 on the side of the Octan Gas Station Box!

I'm really excited about this also. Some people were wondering why the street sweeper is included but after seeing the alternate build with a car wash it makes perfect sense!

When I saw the new photos, my focus immediately fell on the park set. It is an excellent way to acquire regular townsfolk. The unique parts are a bonus to me. I sure hope this gets priced fairly.

Edited by AFOLguy1970

The more I look at it, the more I like the Volcano "Explorers" small drilling truck set.

I definitely want at least one Park set too. :laugh:

The 2:1 sets it's a new selling formula.

Some times the altenative models of a creator set are awful, but sometimes they are wonderful and due to it we buy more than one unit.

With the gas station, both models looks great. And this only means that more of us are going to buy 2 units of the set for building both models together.

Well, I'm ging with the flow and anounce that I too like that Fun at the Park set a lot. It's kind of what most people seem to hope the Advent Calender turns out to be, but never does... :laugh:

To avoid having people talk about this set in two places, I've merged this thread with the City 2016 discussion thread.

Thanks for merging it. I didn't know this was being discussed anywhere else when I made that topic.

^ According to Brickset - £34.99

I wonder what that translates to in US dollars? Hopefully not more than $34.99. $39.99 would be pretty ridiculous and $29.99 would be awesome!

Edited by fatsomania

That price in pounds also makes it expensive for us Aussies, around the $70 mark! Hopefully the RRP was a typo... It is a really nice set though and I'll also be getting at least one, maybe have to wait for a toy sale though! :laugh:

Edited by marvinblue

I wonder what that translates to in US dollars? Hopefully not more than $34.99. $39.99 would be pretty ridiculous and $29.99 would be awesome!

39.99 is very likely, and its not ridiculous. Its 14 figs, a dog and a baby, plus the minibuilds. Its almost equivalent to 4 starter packs, which are a notoriously good deal.

39.99 is very likely, and its not ridiculous. Its 14 figs, a dog and a baby, plus the minibuilds. Its almost equivalent to 4 starter packs, which are a notoriously good deal.

I don't know. This being $30 in 2013....

60024-1.jpg?201302101125

And this being $40 in 2016....

lego-city-fun-at-the-park-minifigures-60134-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann.jpg

I guess that makes sense if it was $40. I just hope it will be more like $35 because I rarely go above the $25 mark anyway. But this might be the exception...

Edited by fatsomania

Looks like the top of the baby head has one of the flame/feather-sized holes in it. Neat.

Also, am I the only one who never heard of the #ToyLikeMe campaign until I read the article? I didn't think that had anything to do with it.

I also have never heard of the #ToyLikeMe campaign. I wonder if their campaign really influenced LEGO.

That has 8 figs if you count the snowman. 6 more minifigs for $10 sounds like a deal to me.

Yeah, it will probably be $40. :sceptic: I'll probably still get it anyway.

volcano sets look interesting but it seems they are very similar to the arctic sets before.

Liking these sets. But someone explain to me why every Lego aircraft needs to have a dark grey underside.

I am sorry for being ignorant, but what's so good about the Fun in the Park set? The city starter sets have 4 figures + 100 pieces for $10. It seems that it would need at least 400 pieces to be worthwhile.

I am sorry for being ignorant, but what's so good about the Fun in the Park set? The city starter sets have 4 figures + 100 pieces for $10. It seems that it would need at least 400 pieces to be worthwhile.

- Hot dog bun

- New prints

- Wheelchair

- New colors for some pieces

- 15 figures in a $35 set

- New baby piece

Starter sets are pretty bland and offer nothing new.

That's why. :grin: