Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The thing I find odd is that when I was a kid (1980s), all the Lego sets I bought had alternate builds on the back of the boxes—even something as basic as 6607-1/service truck.

I miss the old boxes so much. A such good inspiration just by looking at the back! But if what I've read is to be believed, parents complained that there were no instructions for those builds so Lego stopped doing that.

Sadly Lego no longer pays attention to realism with their planes :(

Will still get for the windows and it is a Lego plane. :)

I really like the park set and the Octan station. The park has a nice and diverse selection of minifigs and wonderful accessories. It reminds me a bit of City Minifigure Collection. Regarding the Octan station, it is nice to see one of these back again. It is a classic part of (almost) every LEGO city. As mentioned above, it is a shame that it does not include baseplates, and I do not understand (either) why the wheels have to stick out like that. But great the set is a 2-in-1 :thumbup:

The airport subtheme on the other hand does not thrill me. The airport terminal is quite dull and I am still not a big fan of those big aircraft. I hoped for the starter set, but yet another helicopter? And a mailbox? Though it is nice to see that the postal service is still alive.

I'm another fan of that City minifigure set. Wheelchair, baby, senior citizens, great selection of printing. I hope this becomes a yearly thing with Lego dropping a different multipack each year.

Terrible airport set , the terminal looks so simple and no inside structure what so ever .

Here we go again with those terrible wings for big jets , and still no cargo doors to load the luggage on the plane ! Same old ugly nose plane and still looks so junior !

By they way Lego , usually private jets have doors ...........

So upset about this airport terminal set , it looks terrible and a very poor design .

Have any postal services used helicopters for mail delivery before? I know there are some delivery services that are looking into using unmanned drones for delivery but I have never heard of a postal helicopter before...

Not that I wont be buying the set, I can always use more postal workers :)

Just the sets I was looking for: the LEGO Octan Station with convenience store and a park for my LEGO Citizens.

I'm really happy with the octan gas station , it's about time after 20 years and so many cars .

Still extremely disappointed with the poor design terminal and same old plane with the junior wings and tiny engines .

The creators really need to take a trip to the airport and see a 777 or something like it !

Still , no doors for the small planes , that's really upsetting

That CREATOR camper is going to make the recent CITY campers and caravans look pathetic...

What scale do people here use for the cars in their LEGO city? I think I might take all the 4 wide CITY cars and 6 wide trucks out of my modular display street and just have the larger scaled vehicles from other themes like Speed Champions.

That CREATOR camper is going to make the recent CITY campers and caravans look pathetic...

What scale do people here use for the cars in their LEGO city? I think I might take all the 4 wide CITY cars and 6 wide trucks out of my modular display street and just have the larger scaled vehicles from other themes like Speed Champions.

Seeing how oversized are some sets (not only on creator theme) I think that somebody in TLC is designing sets for the Mega Bloks' Call of Duty figs he has bought in secret.

Adding some thoughts:

Are we expecting some surprises for NYC Toy Fair? or is it all the stuff revealed yet?

I have found this set from 2009:

8401-1.jpg

It could be nice that TLC would include some citizen starter sets in their near future catalogs.

Edited by El Garfio

Skating is dangerous thing...

I thought the same thing when I first saw this set!

Love the park set, such a great minifig pack. Will be great for people just getting into Lego City and for People that have an imbalance of police v citizens.

I might have to get a couple of these. Cant wait to see some high res images

Terrible airport set , the terminal looks so simple and no inside structure what so ever .

Here we go again with those terrible wings for big jets , and still no cargo doors to load the luggage on the plane ! Same old ugly nose plane and still looks so junior !

I love planes, but hate City models. If only Lego could release more planes like this one :

7628-1.jpg

Brick built tail, nose, wings... Awesome model to build, nice to display!

Edited by sebitsena

Finally, we have buns for our hot dogs and wheelchairs for our handicapped LEGO Citizens.

On Brickset.com today a new City set has been revealed called Fun at the Park. I am really looking forward to this, as it looks like some new parts and torso prints will be included. A brand new wheelchair and an awesome-looking baby in a stroller, and the majority of the torsos look new as well. What do you think about this set?

60134-1.jpg?201601281016

I'm not big into City, but the Park set definitely caught my eye. My thoughts are:

• That wheelchair looks pretty darn good. Generic enough to be used for a variety of characters (*cough* Professor Xavier and Barbara Gordon /*cough*), and serious enough to be used in various MOCs and settings without looking cartoony. It's lower to the ground than you can achieve in brick-built chairs, which is really nice. Non-AFOLs I've heard on the web don't seem to understand how advantageous this new piece is over brick built chairs.
  • The baby is only okay. The Sacagawea baby is really cute, but this one's slightly creepy. Maybe future prints will look more natural, and at least the mold is in a good scale, even if it's not exactly how I would have designed it. Does it have a minifig head?
  • The minifig parts look good in the Park set. Very few of the torsos have yellow on them, which I appreciate, because I prefer to make flesh-tone characters. The Grandma hair might be white, which would be cool, but I'm not actually sure if that's the case.
  • Ultimately, wheelchair prices on Bricklink will determine whether or not I buy the Park set.

Oh, by the way, are the back wheels on the chair new pieces? They look like bicycle wheels, but I don't think they can rotate if they're only attached on one side.

Things of note in the rest of city:

• I'm grateful that the volcano and airport themes exist; civilians, even scientists and pilots, are more desirable than additional police/firefighters. However, none of the sets in either of those lines actually look good to me. Hard skip on all of them, unfortunately.
  • The gas station looks decent enough, though I simply won't have the funds to buy it after everything else I'll be getting.

I use 6-wide mostly for everything in terms of chassis width (i.e. not including things like fenders and side mirrors), with some 4-5 wide cars (Like Emmet's City Car), though I'm tempted to bump my bigger trucks to 7 or 8 wide, but that just means I have to widen my roads and make my big buildings even bigger to scale. I'm not too thrilled with changing all that :laugh: