Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Looking again, I think the baby would work well for a weird doll, or as someone suggested, the rumored Scarface in the DC theme.

Collecting trans blue crystals too, no less!

I'll probably get most of these sets, even with that stubby volcano. Can't wait to see the airport sets, I just missed the last run of the subtheme before coming out of my dark ages!

Loads of images up on brickfan.com, including the Airport, Fun in the Park, Petrol Station sets.

Edit: Seems they originate from the PromoBricks facebook page.

Edited by Gorki247

This is what Lego City should be. Creative city scenes. I mean a Park and Gas Station, both of which look to be anywhere from 20 to 40 bucks. It plain old amazing!

Props Lego, keep up the good work. :)

EDIT: That Park makes for such a good parts pack. :drool::moar:

Edited by Legocity2713

I am liking that Octan station. And that park is really great (and to finally get a LEGO wheelchair is even more awesome)

Some great-looking new torsos in these sets too...

As for the airport sets, I am liking whatever comes with the postal workers and that helicopter (probably the "Airport Starter Set" I suspect) and do my eyes deceive me or does that stunt airplane come with the 12 x 2 x 5 tail in red for the first time ever? (I need one to build a MOC of a QANTAS airplane)

Potential for some nice parts in lime green in the volcano stuff too.

They all look so amazing! I will do everything in my power to get these! My favorite is definitely the V.I.P set, it's even better than its predecessor, set 3222!

Edited by Airbenderfreak

I love the Octan Station too - petrol stations are always a fun feature in action dioramas as they add a real 'explosive' element, so I'm excited to purchase it for my city. The new LEGO Wheelchair is really cool - I love the moulding. The whole park set is great for minifigs.

Airport wise - Private Jet in white and black with that Limo is a must - can come in handy for some LEGO Secret Service Operations. That hangar is also really tempting from the stunt-show set as the design they used to build that shape is fantastic.

Looks like they are bringing alternative models to the City line. Check out the 2:1 on the side of the Octan Gas Station Box!

The wheelchair guy and old man kinda look like Walter and Jesse from Breaking Bad. Hope that's intentional. They would go perfectly with RV creator set!

The park and the little set (probably a polybag) which involves a fountain and 2 benches will make a nice park! Nice MOD to do on a green baseplate ;)

I have to say I am most impressed by the airport sub-theme in general, however I am extremely disappointed in the fact that tee actual airport terminal is that small. I really had high hopes for it this time around as well. :hmpf_bad:

The wheelchair guy and old man kinda look like Walter and Jesse from Breaking Bad. Hope that's intentional. They would go perfectly with RV creator set!

I was about to say that! I really think they did that on purpose. Lego you scoundrel!

The park and the little set (probably a polybag) which involves a fountain and 2 benches will make a nice park! Nice MOD to do on a green baseplate ;)

This one ? http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/40052_Springtime_Scene

It most definitely would look perfect added in - that polybag (and Fall Scene) was among the first things I bought when I came out of my Dark Ages. :classic:

How much is the park set? Looks like a small box, I neeeeed it.

I think I read $30 or $35 somewhere? Given the sheer number of minifigs, especially with quite a few brand new torso prints and a handful of recolors, something in that range sounds about right.

Finally an airport set:). I have to say that I am dissatisfied with the plane and so called "passenger terminal" It is small and uses few pieces. The plane has small engines and is too big to have engines at the back of the plane. 2011 was so much better compared to this little and kind of pathetic "airport"

I will heavily modify that little airport and atrocious looking Lego plane. The only reason I am getting it is because I have wanted a Lego airport since coming out of my dark ages. Barely missed the 2011 amazing airport:( stil will buy this and that amazing limo and private jet.

I need that park! Like yesterday I needed it! >.< My list for end of year is getting ridiculous...my wallet is already groaning in pain! But I need that park!

*edit* I also hope it is not a region exclusive! Please let it be released in Japan!

Edited by Japanbuilder