Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

They don't look too bad actually. :look: I am only really interested in the airport sub-theme though so I hope we get photos from that too.

I like the mobile base one with the "volcano" best. Although if I lived in Lego city, I'd be very upset to just find out now, after ten years, that there is a volcano site just miles away from the town! :grin:

Hmmm, strikes me as a "same thing, different day" city sub-theme. It's Arctic Exploration in lime green.

The volcanic mole hill will go GREAT with the Nexo Knight villains, though!

Thought the same as soon as I saw them too. Mobile base and the drill vehicle are quite similar to what we already got. They're nice though. I'm digging the new excavator.

The volcano "mole hill" is just a display piece for the show.

Volcano sets don't look as bad as I expected, though they're still not good. I like the silver Hazmat suits. I'll probably get at least the 4x4.

Check out @acemk79 on twitter. Shows a bit of the play in the park set

Thanks so much for the heads up ! That baby is just too adorable. Love the wheelchair, merry-go-round and stroller as well. Such great designs !

Uh....I don't like it. Its head is too large, should have been molded into the body in proportion.

I think something along the lines of a 1x1 round brick would scale a bit better.

Do I spy the bob haircut in Dark Tan on the girl with glasses? I love the idea of the set. So many figures (with new prints for once!) and so much diversity. Twins, babies, a kid in a wheelchair, a dad with a stroller, a grandpa...

Wow! That Vulcanic Research line looks amazing! I was hoping it would s*ck, so i could focus all my budget on the Nexo Knights.... Darn... Yes it's Arctic in lime green, but it's different enough to appeal to me. And i really liked the Arctic theme, so there's that too.

It's only a snapshot so there's probably more to it once you get into the finer details, but my initial feeling is that the sets from the Arctic line were seemingly more involved and sold the theme better. Aside from the large set, which features the (odd) volcano, I'm not getting strong vibes.

The volcano sets aren't my cup of tea, but I think they will attract the (target) young audience because of the cool vehicles and danger involved.

On a positive note, I think it's great that TLG are continuing this exploration sub-theme in City. The sets definitely leave a lot to the child's imagination whilst also tackling responsibility.

In the future I'd love to see some more animal-orientated ideas, such as jungle research. Yes, even LEGO City surely has it's own David Attenborough :blush:

Edited by nesquik

That's actually a pretty novel baby carriage build. P

Wait.

Is that... a baby with arms and legs?

That baby is the best. I need to have one so i can use it everytime i want to hypnotise my girlfriend. Need the wheelchair too for a professor Xavier.

Wow! That Vulcanic Research line looks amazing! I was hoping it would s*ck, so i could focus all my budget on the Nexo Knights.... Darn... Yes it's Arctic in lime green, but it's different enough to appeal to me. And i really liked the Arctic theme, so there's that too.

I think my annoyance is that the volcanic research helicopter is more or less the same as 60108.

Interesting how Lego used the lime green for these new geologic sets--reminds me of Power Miners a little! Not too interested overall, but the mobile HQ with tracked driller looks cool.