Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

That's what I do. I wish the friends sets were complete buildings though.

Depends on the set, the 2016 ones are barely buildings. The Hair Salon I just built is only missing a roof. a lot of LEGO Town / Older City barely had roofs or walls.

I'm more of minidolls than minifigs, maybe because I'm relativity new in LEGO and don't have childhood memories about minifigs, maybe because I see them more realistic and proportionate.

Eww. No, my issue is they are too skinny and have weirdly shaped heads. I do wish the heads would fit on mini figure bodies at times just to mix the population up. They aren't horrible but they aren't great either. I'd like them a lot more if their hands moved like mini figures. I do love the minimills in the Elves line, those are works of art. The Friends ones are a little boring looking.

If I remember correctly, going on the last few years, Lego tend to keep their releases to the New York Toy Fair.

And as LT has mentioned, look out for pics from Legoworld, Denmark 18-21 Feb to see whats coming!

LEGO hasn't even allowed pictures from the UK Toy Fair, just descriptions. Germany normally has a Toy Fair before NYC and we get a few pictures, but the main show is NYC.

The 27th starts the Nuremberg Toy Fair. As said, pictures are not allowed on London Toy Fair, but we all know that every year there are some pics leaked on blogs or local newspapers.

And, as said too, at the end of next week we will have complete "official" info and pics of a lot of the 2nd half new releases.

Eww. No, my issue is they are too skinny and have weirdly shaped heads.

Still, you have to realize that a person who doesn't have as much nostalgia for classic LEGO minifigures might think "the classic minifig is too fat and has a weirdly-shaped head"! Realistically, if you scaled a mini-doll up to average human height, they'd have a 32 to 35 inch waistline, while a minifigure would have a 73 to 80 inch waistline. Which of those is really out of the ordinary? And in real life, a head that has a nose and chin is far more realistic than one that doesn't!

I also don't think the Friends figs are boring-looking as a rule. Sure, their outfits in general tend to be more modern/casual, but I think a lot of them still look really stylish, especially the ones from the more exciting subthemes like "Pop Star", "Jungle Rescue", and "Adventure Camp".

But this is all getting off topic. My point about LEGO Friends was just that most of the stuff that LEGO Friends has and LEGO City doesn't is stuff that we weren't likely to see a lot of in LEGO City anyway. By the time LEGO Friends came out, City had already been around for seven years and there was still just one residential house! If designers had really wanted City to cover more slice-of-life settings and play scenarios (as opposed to action-oriented ones) they'd have had plenty of time to do so. It's hard to claim Friends "stole" those types of sets from a theme that had barely touched upon them previously.

Sluban is introducing new building workers sets at London Toy Fair.

I highlight this one:

toyfair02.jpg

I don't know what is it price, but I would like LEGO releases something similar.

Hmm, interesting find 'El Garfio', a similar crane was release by Lego eleven years ago :wink: and now who's up for bit of scratch building that design in REAL Lego eh ? :wink:

More than the crane, I'm interesting in LEGO includes buildings like the one on the Sluban set in the next construction work sets.

The buildings in the last year demolition sets were only bad built walls

Edited by El Garfio

Toy fair descriptions!

City – Volcano Explorers

Volcano Explorers theme. Uses the rock/ice pieces as volcanic rock with a crystal element inside. Very lime with some yellow.

• 60120 volcano starter set – £8.99
  • 60121 exploration truck – £14.99
  • 60122 volcano crawler – £24.99
  • 60123 volcano supply helicopter – £39.99
  • 60124 volcano research base – £79.99
    Comes with a small volcano (built from big ugly rock pieces) with an exploding function, mobile exploration vehicle, mineral analyser drill thing on small caterpillar tracks. the drill piece is a new element.

City – Airport

• 60104 Passenger Terminal – £79.99
    Blue and grey with new wings.
  • 60100 starter set – £8.99
    4 minifigs
  • 60102 vip service – £39.99
    4 stud wide white limo and a private jet.
  • 60103 airshow – £69.99
    6 minifigs in a stunt show. a couple of red arrow looking planes with a new thin cockpit piece, and a female stunt performer riding an orange bi-plane.
  • 60101 cargo place – £17.99

Man am I excited for the Airport theme! This is my first year focussing purely on LEGO (As before I collected MB Game licenses too) so I have a little more money for City sets as well as my usual Marvel/Star Wars stuff. :) The Airport theme appeals to me for the Limo in one set (As I missed out on the Limo/Helicopter set), and just generally the larger planes as I feel as though they will accompany the upcoming Marvel Airport set nicely. :)

No mention to the park set?

Amusement park is a sub-theme of the Friends theme.

Here are the sets :

Amusement Park Arcade (41127) – £12.99

Amusement Park Space Ride (41128) – £17.99

Amusement Park Hot Dog Stand (41129) – £24.99

Amusement Park Roller Coaster (41130) – £89.99

Found here : See more at: http://www.thebrickf...h.WKofQHVx.dpuf

Edited by sebitsena

Here are the sets :

Here are the sets :

There's a City Playground/Park set coming out.

So wait again ... when did they release the Ferris Wheel last year ?

Edited by sebitsena

Yes, I was referring to this one, not the amusement park friends subtheme.

I'd love to see a remake of 7905 :)

7905-1.jpg?200709260324

I would very much like to see a re-release of that set using the new girder parts.

64448.jpg8147217543_b6f15a4b7e_b.jpg

Edited by sasbury

From the site/link above;

"41129 Amusement Park Hot Dog Stand – £24.99

Has the hot dog buns seen in an angry birds set and a cool looking hot dog shaped vehicle."

OMG, a hot dog shaped vehicle!! ;)

Some info about the 'Fun at the Park' set:

Perhaps the most interesting City set was 60143 Fun at the Park which was hidden away on a shelf, which I didn't see. Lucy, however, did and said it looked excellent: 9 or so minifigs with some very attractive and new torso prints, a new baby piece, a wheelchair, park bench and one or two other accessories. When she's written up her notes we'll know more.

More to follow hopefully. http://brickset.com/article/18851/london-toy-fair-report-part-1