Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just stopped by the Westfarms Lego store and scooped up the Garbage Truck (60118). I love it as is; I heard some people weren't satisfied with it though. The dumpster could be one brick taller, but nothing I can't mod on my own with a couple bricks :) Stacking up those VIP points for January's Brick Bank release, I have $65 in rewards so far! The look I get from the workers when they see my balance is something along the lines of... :oh3: :oh3: :oh3: :oh3:

Just stopped by the Westfarms Lego store and scooped up the Garbage Truck (60118). I love it as is; I heard some people weren't satisfied with it though. The dumpster could be one brick taller, but nothing I can't mod on my own with a couple bricks :) Stacking up those VIP points for January's Brick Bank release, I have $65 in rewards so far! The look I get from the workers when they see my balance is something along the lines of... :oh3: :oh3: :oh3: :oh3:

I have $160.00 CAN, and that's all online, I don't even have a lego store near me...

I have $160.00 CAN, and that's all online, I don't even have a lego store near me...

I envy you! My fiancé won't let me spend nearly what I used to anymore, she can't justify large Lego expenses as "necessary" :(. Women are from another planet, I'm tellin' ya...

I envy you! My fiancé won't let me spend nearly what I used to anymore, she can't justify large Lego expenses as "necessary" :(. Women are from another planet, I'm tellin' ya...

Well, I'm lucky I don't have anyone that tells me I'm spending too much (I do watch and keep a budget though) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ferry is okay... A bit small, But us city fans don't get many boats these days besides police and fire boats...

I wish they could have made airport sets:/

Yep, Last airport was 2013 and that was a cargo airport... I would like a passenger one

Also, I'm excited about the new fire sets, GOING TO buy the station, Like the snorkel

Helicopter on the roof?

Ferry is okay... A bit small, But us city fans don't get many boats these days besides police and fire boats...

Yep, Last airport was 2013 and that was a cargo airport... I would like a passenger one

Also, I'm excited about the new fire sets, GOING TO buy the station, Like the snorkel

Helicopter on the roof?

I have the last passenger airport and it's a pretty cool little set

Here's a look at the small Fire ATV set for 2016!

22875503873_922a0175d0_z.jpg

23394153922_a44c27e337_z.jpg

I mean, my favorite part of the set is the new faceprint on the firefighter. Other than that, the set itself is a pretty good deal- almost 70 pieces for $7. You have a little play feature, and a generic but alright lookin' ATV.

It's been looooooooooooooong time since the last time I got a firefigthers set

Might get that for just that minifigure. My firefigthers are totally outdated now

I like the new face on that firefighter...I might save that for an impulse buy sometime :sweet: :sweet:

Love the printed pieces we're getting in this next year's City line.

Edited by Junior Shark

US Prices for some city sets coming out soon!

Fire ladder truck: $25

Ferry: $30

Police patrol boat: $50

Fire response unit: $40

Van and caravan: $20

There's more but I don't have time to put all of them.

Edited by amazingbricks

Some of the new City sets are also showing up as "comming soon" for Australia (with prices)

Are Australia sets released same time or later?

The specific sets in question say "comming December 26" I believe (shop @ Home is giving me issues so I cant verify it right now)

Hopefully we can get a harbour/marina subtheme for 2016 I would love to have a new marina for all my lego people to hang out! Also i missed out on the harbour in 2011 i think it was and now looking back on it i should've got it!

Hopefully we can get a harbour/marina subtheme for 2016 I would love to have a new marina for all my lego people to hang out! Also i missed out on the harbour in 2011 i think it was and now looking back on it i should've got it!

+1

I'd also like to see them revisit harbor. I got 7994 in 2007, and absolutely love that set. I really wish they'd used that hull for more sets. I intended to get 4645 on discount in 2011 (I felt it was a little too pricey at MSRP), but I never did manage to get it. I have yet to get the deep sea set with the new large open stern hull, but I intend to pick it up at some point. But, yeah, I'd love a new harbor set, perhaps with a warehouse for stacking crates or such.

I'd also like to see them revisit harbor. I got 7994 in 2007, and absolutely love that set. I really wish they'd used that hull for more sets. I intended to get 4645 on discount in 2011 (I felt it was a little too pricey at MSRP), but I never did manage to get it. I have yet to get the deep sea set with the new large open stern hull, but I intend to pick it up at some point. But, yeah, I'd love a new harbor set, perhaps with a warehouse for stacking crates or such.

I got 4645, and I really like it, it's actually a great set, but I want something to expand my harbour now :laugh: :laugh:

I'd really like harbor / airport for the summer. It's not like there is much left to redo, arctic and divers and space port all all covered. Plus if the police and some fire sets are water based why not some none rescue sets?