Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Where can you see the rear of the crook's island? None of the official cache pictures show it.

Yeah, I'd love to know too. Lego City crook hideouts often have neat interiors and I'd love to know what this one has in store (a better view of the apparent mechanism to launch the boat from the garage wouldn't hurt, either).

Love the prison island set. The tunnel is a nice addition and the build is so different than most of the police station sets we get from previous years.

Yeah, I'd love to know too. Lego City crook hideouts often have neat interiors and I'd love to know what this one has in store (a better view of the apparent mechanism to launch the boat from the garage wouldn't hurt, either).

Possibly a slight over-exaggeration on my part, you can see some of the "side" of the CURP from the crooks hideout alt image 4 , this indicates a flat side on that one side. Given how the CURP is symmetrical I'd assume that the "rear" unseen portion would be covered as well. Thinking about it such a situation would pose an interesting (perhaps impossible) moulding challenge; looking deeper into the image there are bricks in the interior supporting the clock which indicate that the back must be open in some way and that the flat side sections runs back for at least 4 studs but not all the way across. It would therefore be logical to have "anti-studs" on the upper underside to aid connection and build up the back which is what the inside wall of the crook's hut it secured into.

I'm most intrigued, I think I'll be grabbing both the island sets just to find out what this piece looks like.

Edited by The_Cook

January (mid-December for some places).

I think it's mid-december for all small sets everywhere

I've already seen a few of the smaller City sets yesterday at TRU here in Chicago. I picked up the new Ambulance Plane. It's a perfectly updated version of the Classic Town Med-Star Rescue Plane. I do hope it's a tease for some more Medical-themed sets in the Summer line-up.

The new Fire Station looks too similar to the 2013 set for me to justify getting it. I like the Prison Island, but my layout is filled to the brim- if it goes in, something will have to come out!

I've already seen a few of the smaller City sets yesterday at TRU here in Chicago. I picked up the new Ambulance Plane. It's a perfectly updated version of the Classic Town Med-Star Rescue Plane. I do hope it's a tease for some more Medical-themed sets in the Summer line-up.

The new Fire Station looks too similar to the 2013 set for me to justify getting it. I like the Prison Island, but my layout is filled to the brim- if it goes in, something will have to come out!

TRU is doing the same with technic in some places

Here's a look at the exclusive diver from the Target exclusive cube. He's actually REALLY darn good.

23352582296_e856d7cf30_z.jpg

23082933780_d4f7c1fb2c_z.jpg

Anyone know the MSRP for the police boat set and the fire helicopter set? I'm interested in those two. There are actually multiple sets in this wave that interest me.

Wow! Dude's quite good lookin'! Love that goatee! He reminds me of a yellow Kanan. His torso design is nice also. Great figure all-around.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Will the ferry be a retail exclusive?

Maybe, but I remember that I read that the 60112 Fire Engine (or as I like to call it Hook and Ladder Truck) and the 60131 Crooks Island were the retail exclusives.

Maybe, but I remember that I read that the 60112 Fire Engine (or as I like to call it Hook and Ladder Truck) and the 60131 Crooks Island were the retail exclusives.

Oh thanks for the info!,crooks island looks nice even if its exclusive I might buy it,if I find it.

Next years city wave looks to be pretty good. Super excited about the dump truck, considering I had the older one from my child hood, but so much of it is lost now, just getting this one would bring back old memories. The rest of the wave though looks pretty neat and like most years I probably won't be able to pick most of these up, but hey whatever.

That's the best large police set I've seen in a while. It could also be more of a supplement to the previous large Police Station rather than a replacement.

Plus the camper's awesome! We just need to lengthen that van by 3-4 studs and she'll have perfect proportions! :thumbup:

Now we know all about winter sets for city. Any thoughts about summer wave?.. Maybe ambulance?

Now we know all about winter sets for city. Any thoughts about summer wave?.. Maybe ambulance?

Fingers crossed, new service station last one 2007 (apart from the parking garage from 2012), toes crossed too.

I wonder what surprise will be at Lego World again early next year, another big set like City Square or Town Square or another train ? :grin:

Fingers crossed, new service station last one 2007 (apart from the parking garage from 2012), toes crossed too.

I wonder what surprise will be at Lego World again early next year, another big set like City Square or Town Square or another train ? :grin:

I thought I heard somewhere there won't be another train set until 2017, but don't quote me on that.

Edited by Kman860

I thought I heard somewhere there won't be another train set until 2017, but don't quote me on that.

No, the train sets would be until 2018. It's every four years. 2006-2010-2014-2018.

EDIT: So the Technic subforum will get reviews this week. Will the Town forum also get reviews? And will the review index be updated?

Edited by ilikeboomerang1

No, the train sets would be until 2018. It's every four years. 2006-2010-2014-2018.

Wasn't there a train set this year?

Wasn't there a train set this year?

Oh yes. The Heavy Haul Train. For some reason now LEGO wants to do one train after the normal train releases. In 2011 it was the Red Cargo Train, and now it's the Heavy Haul Train.

Oh yes. The Heavy Haul Train. For some reason now LEGO wants to do one train after the normal train releases. In 2011 it was the Red Cargo Train, and now it's the Heavy Haul Train.

So 2 years on, 2 years off?