Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Nice to see some olive green, but i see the trans-blue glass is making a comeback, very unwelcome for me, i hate it, it's the single worst thing lego does.

I really want the Prison Island. It's one of the best police sets I've seen.

Yea I'm tempted to get it for all the grey once it goes on discount, but it is a pretty neat build. The tunnel is a great touch.

mryav0L.jpg

Wx2UZcb.jpg

I also like the camper set, something about the van / SUV vehicle appeals to me. It looks realistically cheesy like a minivan or older SUV, instead of slick.

XPQ4HTk.jpg

The new motorbike works fine in that racing motorbike set of this year, but as a firebrigade motorbike... I'm not so sure about that. Bit too flashy for me.

Can anyone tell what color the bars in the prison island set are? They look like either black or titanium metallic (aka perl dark grey) but its hard to tell. Whatever they are, they are different to the light bley previous police stations used (which is very good :)

Can anyone tell what color the bars in the prison island set are? They look like either black or titanium metallic (aka perl dark grey) but its hard to tell. Whatever they are, they are different to the light bley previous police stations used (which is very good :)

I'm pretty confident they are pearl dark grey. Take a look at this picture: http://cache.lego.co...d=2400&hei=1800

Edited by Vorkosigan

Wow, a City set I actually kind of want. The Prison Island set is sooo cool! I love playset sets, and this has so many play features! Pull the bed to drop the floor and have them slide out, a sort of 'court' where the prisoners can be watched, the cell, it's all so cool!

The more I see Prison Island, the more it grows on me. It's no Alcratz, but its looking better!

I can just see Sean Connery saying "Welcome to the Block"

"I don't care but I'm going to get it anyway" hahaha

That's me right there

Edited by Robert8

Is it a new BURP on the Crooks Island? I see no seams to indicate that the rock formation is built of individual bricks. The DkBley section is also suspiciously symmetrical; have they created a CURP (corner ugly rock piece).

The sea container sides are also new parts I assume?

Is it a new BURP on the Crooks Island? I see no seams to indicate that the rock formation is built of individual bricks. The DkBley section is also suspiciously symmetrical; have they created a CURP (corner ugly rock piece).

The sea container sides are also new parts I assume?

Yup. The new BURP also appears in the Prison Island. It looks decent, but I'm eager to see the reverse side and kind of wish it had open studs like other BURPs. The new 1x6x5 textured panels appear in both City and Nexo Knights.

Ah yes, tucked under the wooden stairs down to the dock.

From what you can see of the rear side in Crook's Island it looks "contAined" rather than being open at the back as the original xURPS are.

Edited by The_Cook