Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Strange that the designer of this set didn't think of a way of letting those liftarms/forks fold back a bit further so they don't stay as high up as they do now.

In comparison to the last iteration of the garbage truck, this one seems a little unfinished too. It kind of seems like the prototype wasn't completely refined... I do however ghet the idea of the red-white stripe on the side as a hazard line. Could have easily been continued in the cabin in the place of the lihght grey that is there now...

The container shoud have been a bit higher too, to prevent stuff from falling out prematurely.

All in all it seems a bit of a rushed/unfinished design...

Then again: it leaves lots of opportunities to mod it! And as a play set this just is very neat.

The rubbish truck is nice except that is more a small skip than actual dumpster......when I buy mine I might just MOC some dumpsters to work with it.

Nice revision of the dump truck, it's got a lot of playability, but the recently retired trash chomper is still a winner amongst the dump trucks for me, though more expensive, but also with much better figures and leftover parts.

That thief paddling in the tire looks like Freddy Mercury.

Edited by Sven F

Anyone else really not a fan of the new Octan torso prints? I like the truck, it has parts I want including the wheels...and I can't quite get past the Oc tan jackets. As if the green tights/red thong weren't bad enough.

There's more set images at Brickset! Sadly, there's none of the Ferry...

*Quietly yells at Brickset inside head*

I must say that the "Tire-Bandit" reminds me of a ye old times circus weightlifter. Mainly guess cause of the moustache

Me too

Man, that new police station is terrifying. It looks like some kind of dystopian, sci-fi, Orwellian, future police-state where dissidents are rounded up into camps. I suppose that's the logical endpoint of Lego City's obsession with Police sets though. It was bound to happen.

Man, that new police station is terrifying. It looks like some kind of dystopian, sci-fi, Orwellian, future police-state where dissidents are rounded up into camps. I suppose that's the logical endpoint of Lego City's obsession with Police sets though. It was bound to happen.

It's a set symbolizing police brutality.

Among other confusions, all the main police station sets have some form of prisoner escape system... Is LEGO teaching children that if they get into jail they can always get out again with extreme ease? You decide!... I suppose.

The new prison island is nice, we haven't had a proper jail in LEGO before (just police stations with cells in them)

My dark age ended in 2007, and this is the least appealing City line I have since seen.

What are kids supposed to do with a line of sets composed of three "Fireladders" plus a Firestation with one? A bit uncreative don't you think? But on the other hand I like, that they at least tryed making an utility-truck.

Edited by mon-o-mat