Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I'm really liking the dustcart, but I am concerned that it's like 10 wide at the widest point, the scale of some of these models is getting quite out of hand

snip

These city sets look awesome!Wonder when the rest will show up?

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote unnecessarily, especially images.

So it looks like the prison island set may be the first set to use the 1x3x2 inverted half arch other than the Ferris Wheel that it debuted in. It seems to appear in Medium Stone Grey for the lower half of the sewage pipe escape route. I was just noticing the other day that no other sets had used that part, so I'm glad to see it's finally being used again.

Is there a pic for the fire ladder truck from officials?

Not at the moment, i don't think we've seen official tire escape pictures, so here they are. Anyway the crook in this set is really awesome.

Edited by amazingbricks

What a cute little set. Looks like it fits right in with Prison Island so I'll probably get it.

I'm really liking that prisoner figure, as well. I like that his chain-gang shirt is tied around his waist!

Interesting. I wonder what the significance of "92116" on the crook's torso is? At first I thought it'd be a set number, but it's not—and the part number is the head of the CMF sad clown. :sceptic:

Is that a new life jacket?

I'm not a big fan about the gap it causes in the neck. Most neck accessories are either flush with the entire head (armors, capes, wings) or they fit snugly around the head (beards, bandanas etc.), in such a way that any gaps aren't noticeable. But it's noticable here and it just looks like a poor design choice...

Edited by telaruhn

I'm not a big fan about the gap it causes in the neck.

Agree at 1000%

That looks awful

It's about time Lego fix that life jacket issue, it totally doesn't look right at all. :hmpf_bad:

But the set is neat for the escapee minifig, a different kind of crook for a change. :grin:

Here, from LEGO's cache -

I'm totally going to buy most of the city 2016 sets

We need the camoervan set image

*camper van

Edited by Rick
Please do not quote unnecessarily, especially when images are involved.

If anyone wants to check their local target's inventory for the new wave of sets here are a couple DCPIs:

Rally car: 204-00-1568

Garbage truck: 204-00-1574