Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Ouch, ferry looks awful. :sick: I like the look of the garbage truck and the lime green speedboat though. :thumbup:

Now if they ever make a ferry like this... :wub:

Yeah, the ferry is disappointing if you're expecting something like our full-size Washington State Ferry boats, but if you drive north a bit to Guemes Island, their ferry looks pretty similar:

7204296872_43d8127126_z.jpg

Here's a

I took of the 5 minute ride across :classic:

There is a picture of it on the (in)famous Italian PDF that is floating around internet.

There is a picture of it on the (in)famous Italian PDF that is floating around internet.

Pretty sure that got taken down. There's a new site with final box image, I think I saw the Ferry and the rest of the sets there too.

You're right, it's been taken down somewhere between last night (I've looked at it around 10 o'clock last night CET) and now.

Here are the descriptions:

Rally Car:

Race to the finish line!

Hop in the LEGO® City Rally Car and buckle up! Get ready, the race is about to start. Hit the gas and go go go to cross the finish line first! Race to win in LEGO City!

• Includes a race car driver minifigure.
  • Features a Rally car with adjustable spoiler on the rear.
  • Grab the Race Car and go racing with your friends.
  • Includes a checkered flag element.
  • Rally Car measures over 1” (4cm) high, 4” (12cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.

Prison Island Starter Set:

Grab the crooks at the pier stash before they run with the loot!

Sound the alarm, there’s been a breakout at Prison Island! Hop in the police buggy to race after the crook and catch him before his friend meets him in his getaway watercraft. Hurry, before they make off with the hidden loot! The action never ends in LEGO® City!

• Includes 4 minifigures: a policeman, policewoman and 2 crooks.
  • Features a police buggy and crook’s watercraft with space for a minifigure, plus a pier with small opening stash.
  • Take the handcuffs and get to the police buggy.
  • Get to the pier to catch the crooks.
  • Accessory elements include a flashlight, walkie-talkie, backpack, ball and chain, 2 banknotes, megaphone, handcuffs and a pickaxe.
  • Police buggy measures over 2” (6cm) high, 2” (6cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
  • Crook’s watercraftmeasures over 2” (6cm) long, 1” (3cm) wide and under 1” (2cm) high.
  • Pier with stash measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (8cm) wide and 3” (8cm) deep.

4x4 Off Roader:

Take the race off-road and win!

Get the 4x4 Off Roader ready for the big desert race! Check the spare tire and make sure it’s pumped up and then fill the gas can. Use the tools to check out the truck and then strap the driver in. Excitement roars around every corner in LEGO® City!

• Includes 2 minifigures: a driver and a mechanic.
  • Features a 4x4 Off Roader with opening doors and a removable spare tire .
  • Check the tire and gas levels in the 4x4.
  • Cross the finish line and win!
  • Accessory elements include a spare tire, tool wagon, Octan pit flag, sand bar, scorpion and a gasoline barrel.
  • 4x4 Off Roader measures over 3” (8cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide).
  • Tool wagon measures over 1” (5cm) high, 1” (5cm) long and under 1” (2cm) wide.

Tire Escape:

Catch the crook before he floats away!

Patrol the waters of LEGO® City on the police water scooter! Respond to the call that a crook is paddling away on a tire. Race after him and catch him before he gets away, then slap the handcuffs on him and toss him back into lockup on Prison Island. Help keep the city safe!

• Includes 2 minifigures: a crook and a police officer.
  • Features a police water scooter, tire and a paddle.
  • Get on the police water scooter and keep the LEGO City waters safe.
  • Also includes handcuffs.
  • Police water scooter measures over 1” (5cm) high, 3” (9cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
  • Tire measures over 1” (3cm) long, 1” (3cm) deep and under 1” (1cm) high.

If you click on the link, and then click to make the picture big (even though it has the broken picture link) you can see better pictures of the new for December sets :)

I am now seeing the official images on the site :classic:, and yes those lights on the front of the rally car are printed! I'm going to need like 4 or 5 of that car now :excited:

Cool. I couldn't see if the lights were printed or not, my phone screen isn't that good. I'll also need several of those!! The off-road racing truck is cool and I really like the new octane torsos!!

Edited by redtrooper27

I think the police sports car will look really cool as not a police car!

The hospital plane, is the perfect update to the original, but I'm still disappointed with it. The design is very nice, but it's just too small :( I still might have to get it and make it better :)

Edited by redtrooper27

Fire car is ok, good to see the 1 x 4 x 3 window in dk bley, I need more of those.

Fire hovercraft set looks interesting, that looks like trans-orange 1 x 1 round with hole on the fire piece.

Rally car is great with the already-mentioned white wheels.

The 4 x 4 looks like a great cheaper option for obtaining the full set of tools and the torsos and stickered parts look good for giving variety to Octan MOCs.

The air ambulance plane is a great idea, we haven't had one of those in a while (just one limited-release promotional set). Its a bit big IMO but that's just how LEGO does City airplanes these days (plus the size is necessary to give it the playability the set needs)

The recycle truck is good, orange is a great color and the design (with the lifting fork at the front) is great.

The prison starter set is only really good for the new torsos.

I like the design of the cop car in the police chase set and its got more of those cool wheels although I would love to know why LEGO makes the bad guy cars in so many police sets in dark red...

My favorite has to be the ambulance plane!

Edited by just2good

Images for the 1 Dec. release 2016 sets are now on the S@H site. Most of them, you need to do a search on the set number to find, they don't show up under the category list.

My favorites are 60114 and 60116, but I may hold off on stickering all those parts...

The lime speedboat in particular is very sleek!

Edited by telaruhn

Thanks Rick! The new City sets are appealing especially for the vehicles which look pretty sleek and modern looking.