Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Ooh nice, that looks like a new color for those wheels (so far they come in hard-to-get black and not-so-hard-to-get light bley but that looks like white to me.

Hope the 4 round tiles 1x1 in front of the car are printed :wink:

My guess would be yes, I can't see the edges of any sticker on those round tiles. :grin:

And from the first Lego City Studio clip, we had the car from the Ferry Car set :

121563toutaboutstudio952x540.jpg

155977Capturedcran20151108135117.png

531092Capturedcran20151108135333.png

Edit : 2 last pictures

Edited by sebitsena

The security booth in the first picture looks great, but I doubt that the building will be in any sets.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

The Rallye Car is the star on Lego City Studio!

Found here: https://citystudio.l...0724cebb5f62d8a

Wooooo Looks great at both the front and side. Nice job

Wait, I was wrong. The 60111 is the Unimog Fire Truck. The 60112 is the Fire Engine. It has a hook-and-ladder and a small house.

Yes. I dont see that truck on the list. Perhaps we shall wait. :classic:

Wooooo Looks great at both the front and side. Nice job

Yes. I dont see that truck on the list. Perhaps we shall wait. :classic:

As I said before, I think the Fire Engine is one of the Exclusives. So that might be why it's not there.

Great review Steve. Agree with you 100%

Some thoughts on the fire sets (as a Lego fire enthusiast).

Overall, the lineup is good but not exceptional. I realize these sets are targeted at kids, but I think Lego slightly underperformed on some things.

60109 Fire Boat

I like this set. Nice to see Lego using a larger hull piece (more realistic) for the fireboat. It would be nice to be able to extend the length of the boat.

Would it make more sense to have the shack on fire instead of the lighthouse?

Grade A-

60110 Fire Station

This set is almost exactly like 60004 (which I liked) but not quite as good. It does look like we get roll-up garage doors. The revolving door seems more at home in a hotel than a fire station. And, while I get the playability, I cannot figure out why there's a fire pole outside the front of the fire station. I do miss the baseplates that came with fire stations in the 80s and 90s.

Water guns are just silly. Really, Lego???

Grade B-

60111 Fire Utility Truck

I like the idea of a Unimog fire truck, but I don't get the snorkel trailer. It doesn't make any sense (this unit is for the forest?), and the boom doesn't reach high enough to be of any practical purpose.

If it were towing a bulldozer instead you'd have a MUCH better set! http://brickset.com/...Evacuation-Team

Grade B

60112 Fire Engine

It's nice to see a hook-and-ladder truck back in the lineup. The design is fairly good.

Unfortunately, the thing is designed backwards!!! The ladder should be on the front of the trailer and not the back. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/51537

I'd also like to see them make the ladder so it can extend.

Grade B- (grade reduced for being backwards)

What's missing

Lego missed a couple of opportunities with this lineup. I'd like to see them

• Re-release the 1x4x4 lift doors in red. They're going for about $20 each on Bricklink.

• Consider a hazmat team. It's becoming common in the United States to have this as part of the standard fire department. http://farm4.static...._ea315bd0be.jpg

• Release a 2x6x2 windscreen that's flat and not sloped. This has been a huge missing piece for fire apparatus builders.

Also, it looks like we finally get a yellow fire helmet in the Mixels sets. Yay!

-Steven

http://www.brickshel...ery.cgi?f=15136

Ferry is alright, simple, but fills a gap and should hopefully not be too expensive, so getting a couple and you can have a regular ferry service...

I like the dustcart as well, with it's front loading mechanism, matches nicely to the Orange cart from a couple of years ago

Paul

Can someone link me to the images (please) :classic:

We do not allow people to post confidential/preliminary images. This year TLG is pretty strict about any sort of leaks, including links to confidential images, so please do not ask people to share them with you. Thanks.

I didn't see this degree of strictness in other themes. I know we cannot post confidential images but just asking for links isn't harmful. Anyway I won't ask :-)

I hope they are as much nice as much confidential :-)

Ouch, ferry looks awful. :sick: I like the look of the garbage truck and the lime green speedboat though. :thumbup:

Now if they ever make a ferry like this... :wub:

I like the ferry very much. It looks a lot like the ferries we have over here to cross rivers where there's no bridge.

I like the Police sets. They remind me a lot to the older Police sets, because of the black and white coloring. I like this coloring way more than the blue and white.

I actually kind of like the ferry. It's large, simple, and doesn't make use of any large specialized parts. It almost looks like a smoothed out '80s style set, with updated tile pieces and mini figures. I might actually get one or two, maybe have a ferry service and a train bridge on the layout I want to do. I wish we had more vehicles and buildings like that. Let's cross our fingers for a fully brick built PF passenger train next, it shouldn't be long since we just got the Heavy Haul Train.

Edited by Lego Dino 500

Really like the ferry as well. Maybe I will convert it to fit a tram as well :)

Some polybags -

30346 Prison Island Helicopter

30347 Fire Car

Wow, how original everyone........another small copter and another small fire fighting jeep.......my guess anyway.

No wonder I'm trying out different design ideas on Ideas hopefully city designers might change things.

Some polybags -

30346 Prison Island Helicopter

30347 Fire Car

Wait, another helicopter polybag again? I don't mean that it's a terrible thing, but I think that I gonna sick with helicopters as polybag.

LEGO seems to release so many helicopters in their sets, I wonder why?

Do kids these days like helicopters?