Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Interesting to see in the Nov-Dec US Lego Club magazine i think they have shown us some new 2016 City sets.

http://catalogs.lego.com/Club/us/2015/NovDec/RedBrickNovDec2015/

Page 15 shows city studio preview and you can see the new sports car and speed boat.

A new set we haven't seen pics of yet possibly, the fire hovercraft (looks like a small playset) and also a rescue plane with motorbike and stretcher. I wonder if these last two are real sets :wink:

Hmm, good spotting there 'mikibrick', we can see a fire ATV, what appears to be a small fire scene on a dock, a 4x4 SUV with huge tyres and an air ambulance looking a bit little our Aussie Flying Doctor Service. :wink:

Of course, we all ready know about the little speed boat and rally car.

Gee, Lego are really cheeky or really clever ? :laugh:

Ow wow, now I just have to buy the new studio sets. Curious about what the theme will bring. Would like a van with a camera boom on it.

Hello, any picture of the Ferry (60119) ? I thought it was a microscale Creator set at the beginning, but i read this in this topic :

"60119 Ferry is surprisingly a car ferry, yellow-white with a very small elevated 6x6 bridge and place for (I apperciate) three regular sized cars. Minifigs are the captain and a woman who's driving a red cabriolet."

It's quite intriguing and i'm very curious about the design :tongue:

Yep, all new sets.

Thanks for the picture. I don't buy City sets much, but 60113 and 60115 looks good and I love them since that I'm a big fan of rally/racing vehicles.

Edited by Rick

Yep, all new sets.

I'll be getting 60113 and 60115. And I like the look of the Police Pursuit that was shown last month.

Thank you for these pictures Whung ! Nice job ;)

Edit:

Yes, the ferry is a bad surprise. The car and the hairpiece of the driver look good though.

The van and caravan look good to me too.

Maybe i will get the rallye car, but i don't have a lot of race cars to go with.

Edited by sebitsena

Those are all completely prelim, you sure you should be posting them? :tongue:

In the meantime, check out what I found! I'm 100% positive this is final and not prelim.

image removed

Edited by Rick

In the meantime, check out what I found! I'm 100% positive this is final and not prelim.

I'm not sure it's the final design. The fire truck, for example, seemed to be missing it's stickers.

Do not post pictures from dealer catalogs, you will be banned from the site. Final warning. No BS.

Thank you.

Couple of additional thoughts on the fire sets.

• Looks like we might get a new compartment piece behind the cab of the larger fire truck in the fire station. If so, this could be good.

• On 60116 and 60108, I can't figure out Lego's obsession with making all the aircraft have dark grey undersides. It would be nice to get those parts in different colors.

• I'll be curious to see if we get a new rescue diver torso in 60106. That might make that set more valuable.

Things are so much better than the Town Jr era of the early 2000s. That said, this year's fire trucks, fire station, helicopter, ATV etc are recycled designs and feel uninspired.

From those tiny images the best city set will be the garbage truck, but the handiest will be the Octan rally truck with the new tool wheel.....cheaper way to buy tools. :wink:

I've seen the prelim pics. The articulated ladder truck is gone?

You mean the 60111 Fire Engine? I think it's one of the two Shop Exclusives, along with ''Crook's Hideout with New Corner BURP'', as I like to call the 60131.

You mean the 60111 Fire Engine? I think it's one of the two Shop Exclusives, along with ''Crook's Hideout with New Corner BURP'', as I like to call the 60131.

Sorry not that one but the one very similar to the american fire ladder truck with a very small house part on fire.

I would be very sad if this is not on the list. However, that small ladder truck is fine to me. This is compatible with 60002. Hope more other fire engines like MP and command unit etc can be created.

4162173707_62cdfdb98e_zpskjdgjpbw.jpg

0729-00176-015b1_zpshjbmdb3l.jpg

POSTFIRE38_zpsexlinvlz.jpg

Sorry not that one but the one very similar to the american fire ladder truck with a very small house part on fire.

I would be very sad if this is not on the list. However, that small ladder truck is fine to me. This is compatible with 60002. Hope more other fire engines like MP and command unit etc can be created.

4162173707_62cdfdb98e_zpskjdgjpbw.jpg

0729-00176-015b1_zpshjbmdb3l.jpg

POSTFIRE38_zpsexlinvlz.jpg

Then you mean something like 60003 Fire Emergency?

Too bad can't post prelim pic here.

That ladder truck is like this:

Opor3_zpsshobcjjz.jpg

Or have i missed something in that list

Wait, I was wrong. The 60111 is the Unimog Fire Truck. The 60112 is the Fire Engine. It has a hook-and-ladder and a small house.

Ouch, ferry looks awful. :sick: I like the look of the garbage truck and the lime green speedboat though. :thumbup:

Now if they ever make a ferry like this... :wub:

22675694760_2f75040a2b_c.jpg

Edited by mediumsnowman

The ferry I really like it reminds me of the ones still in use in different parts of the Murray River.

D1206216669Bz-750.jpg

I can't wait to see high res images and then for the toy fairs to happen late January onwards.

Brick On everyone !

My thoughts about new sets:

Fire Brigade:

I like the starter set and the 60108: Fire Response Unit (pros: I like the helicopter and the building cons: maybe I wouldn't like the price).

Creator:

I like 31048: Lakeside Lodge and 31050: Corner Deli and I find them useful, for adding houses to the city.

City cars:

I will surely buy 60113: Rally Car and 60115: 4 x 4 Off Roader. 60117: Van & Caravan is in my wishlist (waiting for better pics to decide). 60118: Garbage Truck another must buy.

The cross-river ferry: I like it buy depends on the price.

Police:

I will surely buy the 60128: Police Pursuit and almost surely the starter set and the tyre escape.