Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The Fire Helicopter has a Power Functions piece and a big shipping container that has a new panel piece with indents!

It's an usual power winch, where you prime it by unwinding it, pushing a button on it and winds up again.

I would definitely buy a hazmat truck and I concur about the use of the hazmat suit piece, it would be perfect.

And they could re-use the mold of the Haz Mat guy from series 4 collectable minifigures if they still have it to differentiate from the day to day firefighter kit.

Agreed. But they need to make it in lime green or blue with no printing.

I think the hazmat suit part in the right color (say, metallic silver) could also work for the hood part of one of those reflective flame suits. And the white one (even with the printing) would look great as the headgear for a clean-room suit in a lab somewhere. (If LEGO are still selling it, maybe I will pick up some more from Bricks & Pieces next time I place an order on Shop @ Home)

Edited by jonwil

This has interested me since I saw the Fire Station, so here's the question: Is the Fire Station hinged? It seems like it, because how else would it have one section straight and the other two curved?

This has interested me since I saw the Fire Station, so here's the question: Is the Fire Station hinged? It seems like it, because how else would it have one section straight and the other two curved?

I can't quite tell, honestly, even with the big catalog images. It looks like that one angled piece from Ninjago, this one -

15706.jpg

I can't quite tell, honestly, even with the big catalog images. It looks like that one angled piece from Ninjago, this one -

15706.jpg

I hope it's not that piece, but instead it's hinged.

I hope it's not that piece, but instead it's hinged.

I mean, even if it is that piece, it's really easy to just swap it for hinge plates if you want to be able to change the angle.

I mean, even if it is that piece, it's really easy to just swap it for hinge plates if you want to be able to change the angle.

Well, you're right. I can do that.

Hmm, I really like police boats (with a smugglers theme!), with 4010 being one of my fave sets ever. But looking at the new one, it seems a step back from 7899, which had an enclosed cell section. Wish they'd make a really big one, with lots of detail and extras, a bit like the fantastic big orange Arctic boat, which I think is still in print.

I'm very late with commenting, but didn't have time before. So thank you very much for the pics, whung! :classic:

The Speed Boat looks brilliant for its price! :wub:

Apart from the starter set the Prison Island sets don't appeal to me - too special and too kiddish. :thumbdown:

The Fire Station is too similar to the last one. The only lovely detail it has, is the burning hot dog / chicken stand - I plan to buy this one seperately via ebay. :classic:

The Fire Engine is completely waste since we already get a ladder truck seperately plus it's much too big for how few accessory there comes with it. And the burning house is simply to laugh because it being much, much to small. :thumbdown:

Havng now the final pics, I must admit that the Fire Boat is for my taste too huge - esp. since its back is nearly empty. Putting it in a layout with regular ships from the last decade would make it looking unfitting. Although the small hut with the mini lighthouse looks fine, I abandoned to buy the set. :sceptic:

In contrast, the Fire Distinguish Unit with the burning TV antenna and esp. the great fire truck is amazing! :wub:

In general to the new Fire theme:

I really like it that the majority of the firemen has white helmets. Plus there are lovely (burning) additions in every Fire set. :thumbup:

The only three things I have to critize are: :thumbdown:

- no hazmat guy / fireman with suit for extreme heat

- no really big (but six studs wide) fire truck without turnable ladder or rescue basket (like 60111, but longer), but with light mast and water cannon on top and on the right as well as on the left side two roller gates with a lot of accessory (like the Playmobil fire engine)

- no car accident set with special fiermen's equipment like hydraulic cutter

I'm excited about the rest of the final 1H 2016 City pics!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

- no hazmat guy

- fireman with suit for extreme heat (Airport firefighter in the US)

- no car accident set with special fiermen's equipment like hydraulic cutter

Klaus-Dieter

I agree that these are significant holes in Lego's fire lineup. (Added links to your suggestions.)

We're also missing a stokes basket.

It's a nitpick, but the firefighter air tanks really should be one cylinder instead of two. And the helmets should be primarily black (at least in the US) with printing on the helmets. Having all the helmets as white means they're all fire chiefs.

I would strongly encourage the Lego fire designers (and I respect Lego's current city designers a lot) to engage with the adult Lego fire community and/or do additional research on firefighting.

-Steven

http://www.brickshel...ery.cgi?f=15136

Edited by sasbury

I think the City line in general could do with more new minifig accessories instead of the same ones we have been getting forever.

Not 100% sure but I think the last new accessory created for the City line was probably the police handcuffs. Can anyone think of any new minifig accessories that have been introduced in City sets since then?

Edited by jonwil

I think the City line in general could do with more new minifig accessories instead of the same ones we have been getting forever.

Not 100% sure but I think the last new accessory created for the City line was probably the police handcuffs. Can anyone think of any new minifig accessories that have been introduced in City sets since then?

You talking about just hand-held accessories? If you mean accessories in general, the earmuffs from 2013, the new life jacket from 2012, and the ball and chain from last year would surely qualify. But even if you just mean hand-held accessories, the crowbar from 2011 stands out as one example. There's also the 2013 hand tools, but you might not count those since they effectively just replace the old tool wheel.

Let's not forget the new water hose nozzle/stud shooter we're getting in next year's Fire sets!

I think LEGO is probably going to want to avoid a car accident in LEGO City firefighting sets, for the same reason they avoid setting fire to populated buildings. For any kid who's been in a car accident it might be too traumatic to really fit LEGO City's safe and fun tone.

I think LEGO is probably going to want to avoid a car accident in LEGO City firefighting sets, for the same reason they avoid setting fire to populated buildings. For any kid who's been in a car accident it might be too traumatic to really fit LEGO City's safe and fun tone.

I agree. Adding a car accident scenario in a City set won't make the set to been more realistic to real life, but at the same time it also can be traumatic and ruin the unique feel in City sets.

Actually, Lego has had a history of sets that involve accidents. They just don't make them graphic.

Skateboarding accident. http://ecx.images-am...CL._SL1500_.jpg

Bike accident (see below). http://brickset.com/sets/4431-1/Ambulance

Boat fire. http://brickset.com/...005-1/Fire-Boat

4431_alt4.jpg

The other option would be to just make the "jaws of life" part of the accessories on an upcoming fire engine.

And they could release a collectible minifig with the proper air tank, helmet with printing, and jaws of life.

-Steven

Edited by sasbury

Actually, Lego has had a history of sets that involve accidents. They just don't make them graphic.

Skateboarding accident. http://ecx.images-am...CL._SL1500_.jpg

Bike accident (see below). http://brickset.com/...431-1/Ambulance

Boat fire. http://brickset.com/...005-1/Fire-Boat

(Snip)

The other option would be to just make the "jaws of life" part of the accessories on an upcoming fire engine.

And they could release a collectible minifig with the proper air tank, helmet with printing, and jaws of life.

-Steven

I think TLG allow that because no injuries are shown, and also because the minifigure is injured by falling from his bike or skateboard, not because involved in a car accident.

The boat that has the engine burned is also didn't actually a incident that happens daily, too.

Some 2016 images already found in LEGO.com cache

60109 Fire Boat

60109-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

60110 Fire Station

60110-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

60111 Fire Utility Truck

60111-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

60112 Fire Engine

60112-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

60114 Race Boat

60114-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

60127 Prison Island Starter Set

60127-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

60128 Police Pursuit

60128-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

60129 Police Patrol Boat

60129-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

60130 Prison Island

60130-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

60131 Crooks Island

60131-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

can somebody find someplace where the pictures are still up?

Brickset doesn't have them, according to this article, which is really a shame.

I guess the wait is on for the end of next month, when I guess official images will be revealed as TLG prepares to have them for sale on S@H.