Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

@ amazingbricks - It certainly seems like it.

I wish the Friends line didn't include a different style of minifigure and that it utilised more common building colours (while still retaining some of the pastel colours for variety) so that it could seamlessly fit with Lego City sets. They've released some great sets in the Friends like with a variety of small shops, houses, supermarket, school and a hotel!

But if it's tire, how does the ''escape'' work? No, seriously, what will happen with the tires? I think that it'll be some tires on fire.

Have you ever seen someone roll down a hill in a tractor tire? Same thing. A tire like this would work fine, I bet.

If not that, then a minifigure in a stack of tires on a hand truck or something similar would work as well.

But if it's tire, how does the ''escape'' work? No, seriously, what will happen with the tires? I think that it'll be some tires on fire.

Since the Tire Escape set is linked numerically with the other police sets, my guess is the prisoners have made a raft out of tires in order to escape from the prison island.

Since the Tire Escape set is linked numerically with the other police sets, my guess is the prisoners have made a raft out of tires in order to escape from the prison island.

Huh, I thought it was linked to the Fire sets.

Huh, I thought it was linked to the Fire sets.

I don't know if it's a police set or not, but numerically it seems to be. Fire sets are set #s 60105 - 60112. Other City sets are #s 60113 - 60119. Then police sets are #s 60127 - 60131. Tire Escape is 60126 which seemingly puts it in the police group - but time will tell.

This makes a lot of sense

Edited by Robert8

I hope the prison Island won't be a raised/3D baseplate, While it would need to be higher than the sea level studs I hope we get to build the piles and platforms to raise it up. That would give more options for expanding rather than being stuck at certain levels and configurations

I hope the prison Island won't be a raised/3D baseplate, While it would need to be higher than the sea level studs I hope we get to build the piles and platforms to raise it up. That would give more options for expanding rather than being stuck at certain levels and configurations

I think they will do it like the creator lighthouse. piles and platforms won't happen I assume.

I think they will do it like the creator lighthouse. piles and platforms won't happen I assume.

I hope so, I like that style, its really easy to expand

When should we start seeing photos of 2016 sets?

Fall 2015

So anytime starting now, aye?

Hi guys, I'm going to make a collection of the ''patterns'' LEGO City uses in their sets:

Patterns we know:

• Police and Firefighters sets are every 3 years, except in 2005/2006 when they had a Police and Fire Station in both.
  • City Trains sets are every 4 years. They always have a Passenger Train and a Train Station. The only year that I can think of that had a train that wasn't every four years was this year with the Heavy Haul Train.

Patterns we know but might not be true:

• Civilian sets are every 2 years and have more than 900 pieces.

Who else agrees they should just call the theme "Firefighters and Police"

i do

Maybe we are due for an airport there have been 5 year intervals between them and 2016 is the 5th year,look at my airport rumors topic for more info

Now everyone's math is out the window.......2006 airport, 2008 cargo plane, 2010 airport, 2013 cargo terminal, but next year is the ten anniversary of the first city airport so who knows.

2006 is the 10th anniversary of the first airport? There were airports decades ago.

They were Legoland and Lego Town airports, not Lego City airports.

Sorta news:

60133 LEGO City Advent Calendar

I hope this one won't include a crook minifigure. Seriously, what kind of Holiday minifigure is that?

And I think it's time for the CMF S11 Gingerbread Man to show up here, like the S8 Santa did.

I hope this one won't include a crook minifigure. Seriously, what kind of Holiday minifigure is that?

And I think it's time for the CMF S11 Gingerbread Man to show up here, like the S8 Santa did.

I think that the Gingerbread Man is more likely to show up in the upcoming Gingerbread House holiday set. :classic:

Actually this year was technically the anniversary of the first City Airport, the 10159 LEGO City Airport, which was a rerelease of the Century Skyway, but was (I think) one or THE first set to be released with CITY branding.