Sign in to follow this  
dugmence

Pirate's Island

The island is marvelous! I love the underpass you added, as well as the working lights, and the food table. I also really like how you gave it more entertainment by adding that funny little fire by the palm tree, and that pirate guy falling down that waterfall. So awesome! pir_laugh2.gif

What a great build! So many great amusing little scenes going on. I love the the sea and cave.

What is going on with the guy swimming under the waterfall holding a brush?

Edited by Iria

That's a very good island. Some of the rockwork may be a little crude but overall it has a nice shape and the archway is neat. I like the shape of the beach and the water looks good. My favorite part is the sharks swimming around beneath the surface. It looks very real that way. Of course the pirates make for an interesting scene too and the different lighting is interesting. Good work!

I actually really like this. What a great build, and I understand it's going to some brick convention in Toronto? (I'm Canadian pirate_tong.gif ) But anyway, there's a lot of really interesting scenes going on, and I never thought about using transparent bricks for the water to make you see under it, to see all the sharks/sea life, it's really cool and realistic. The cave all lit up is really cool. Great work.

What is going on with the guy swimming under the waterfall holding a brush?

He's taking a shower :)

There is a soap in his other hand

What a great build, and I understand it's going to some brick convention in Toronto? (I'm Canadian pirate_tong.gif )

Brickfete was last weekend in Toronto, and this MOC was there ;)

Edited by dugmence

Your island has a lot of nice details catching eye. It seems you spent vuch time on creating it. Keep on building!!! Judging by what you created, you are a real pirate LEGO fan, just as I am. One of MOC-s is on LEGO Ideas site. I'd apreciate your opinion on it. It's called Pirate Battle island. Sorry I don't know how to upload it here because my log in on Brickshelf always fails. How many posts do I need to be allowed to upload MOC-s? [Removed link]

Edited by Phred
Removed Lego Ideas Link

What a real hive of villains! I must assemble my imperial army and assault this beach resort at once! Then demolish the wooden shacks there and build a really tall lighthouse/imperial outpost!

Very very nice, it's realy cool that this diorama shows something under water too!

This MOC have started from that water idea, and everything else was easy ;)

What a real hive of villains! I must assemble my imperial army and assault this beach resort at once! Then demolish the wooden shacks there and build a really tall lighthouse/imperial outpost!

Bring it on!

Edited by dugmence

The entire MOC looks great and very complete. Keep up the good work.

This MOC have started from that water idea, and everything else was easy ;)

I really like your water technique. :thumbup:

I was thinking of using a similar technique, but I keep getting sets instead of BL orders. :blush:

Bring it on!

:laugh:

This is just incredible. The water, the sea creatures, the rocks - I'm very impressed! I'll be watching out for more of your works!

Very nice work! It looks pretty large, what are the dimensions?

When I count the transperent plates it looks like 3x3 standard baseplates.

When I count the transperent plates it looks like 3x3 standard baseplates.

That is correct. 3x3 standard baseplates or 96x96 studs, depending on which units you prefer :)

Very nice one. I love the details, especially the underwater work. Can you provide some detail photos of the fishes?

Amazing work, it must have been time consuming... Anyway, this island has a truly pirate atmospherepirate_classic.gif