Sign in to follow this  
TLaabs

Jesus Marie! They're Minerals! My Breaking Bad diorama of

Here's a little mini project I did lately. I was super late on the bandwagon and just recently binge-watched Breaking Bad about a month ago. Of course I immediately began itching for Lego Breaking Bad stuff, so I bought a very nice custom Walter White minifig, and bought Jesse, Saul, and Hank 3-pack labeled the "Albuquerque Action Squad" sold by Citizen Brick. I've also since made Mike Ehrmantraut and Marie Schrader figs as well. Ultimately my goal is to make MOCs, whether small dioramas or larger scenes, to display all the characters in.

I always loved Hank, and found it quite funny when he began his infatuation with his minerals (NOT rocks). So for my Hank fig, the first MOC I've done is Hank and Marie's bedroom (post-Hank's attack). I tried to focus on the small details: the ruffled bed sheets, the pull-bar behind the bed, prescription bottles on the night stand, and of course the laptop and minerals on the pull-out bed-side table. I also improvised and made the curtains purple (Marie would approve) since I couldn't replicate the tan/lavender floral-print ones from the show.

Also attached some reference screen-caps below.

Enjoy!!

ldIBiQrl.jpg

LnJDfG4l.jpg

gvgYGq0l.jpg

CgW5HDNl.jpg

rNzzALHl.jpg

wqomV5il.jpg

BFcGEE4l.jpg

I love this!

You captured the characters and Marie's love of purple so well. My favorite parts are the use of the coiled rope as the grip Hank uses to hoist himself up, and the pill bottles on his nightstand.

Edited by telaruhn

Never watched the show (*shock, awe, fanfare*) :laugh: but I like this build. Looks accurate, but most of all, I love the sheets and how crumpled and ruffled you portrayed that. I need to use that some time. Great job man. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Very funny and very accurate. Hank's expression is perfect.

These are my least favorite Breaking Bad characters, but this is one of the best MOCs of that show I've seen.