Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

The Exetrius saga: Onicius prologue (part 4)

Onicius prologue

part 1: The village raid

part 2: A merchant's knowledge

part 3: Meeting a wizard

Part 4: 'Sand man'

They walked away from the town and the river, further into the desert. The temperature was getting a little more pleasant due to the lowering sun. Elia stopped.

Elia:

"This seems like a good spot to test your skills. You read that magic encyclopedia, so I suppose you know at least one spell."

Onicius:

"Well, Elia, now we are here, could you please show me some of your spells first?"

Elia:

"Ah, sure! I am specialized in energy flow magic, lightning in particular! See that dune over there? I will demonstrate what this staff can do!"

The sky darkened slightly and then a lightning bolt struck the top of the dune with great force. A moment later, the top had become a crater, glistering with small pieces of glass. Onicius was a little overwhelmed by what he just witnessed.

Elia:

"Your turn!"

Onicius was nervous. It would be embarrassing if his spell failed. He he stood a few steps away from Elia. He raised his (borrowed) staff and murmured some words. Sand and dust particles started hovering above the ground in a circle, the sand on the ground shifted into a pattern. He grabbed the red magic energy crystal out of his pocket. He felt an exhausting energy flow through his body, but the spell didn't activate, only a whirling dust cloud. Thinking clear was hard, but at last, he got an idea.

Onicius:

"Please fire off a lighning bolt one more time, into the cloud!"

Elia:

"Are you insane?! You are in there! You will be kill.."

Onicius:

I can't hold this! DO IT NOW!

A lightning flash, once again. No sign of an impact. Instead, suddenly it was like an entire dune was moving, a river of sand. The dust cloud swallowed it. At last, the cloud subsided, slowly revealing its core to Elia...

Elia:

"Onicius! Are you okay in th.. WHOAH!!!"

24438684514_e812d68e05_z.jpg

Onicius:

"Did it work?"

Elia:

"Onicius! Who..Where...How in the name of Historica did you learn this demonic form of magic!"

Onicius:

"What do you mean, I just used a crypto magic circle to describe the alchemy that constructed the body, and your lightning to power the spell."

Elia:

"But look at it! It moves like a creature, it's watching me as if it has a soul of it's own!"

Onicius:

"Oh, right, that's because I instructed it to mimic the movements of my own arms and head."

Elia:

"Great... Phew. Thank god! I was afraid it was a form of... Onicius?"

Onicius collapsed, he was so exhausted he passed out. Elia carried him home on his back, while the red sun disappeared under the dunes of the desert.

To be continued... in the next part: Making a move

It's great to hear some of you are actually reading this story :sweet: Thank you for reading/viewing! C&C appreciated!

Edited by Exetrius

I like how you made the sand man. I'm looking forward seeing the next part :thumbup:

Nice build! I like the sandman!

Great little build! The base and sand look very nice :thumbup:

I like how you made the sand man. I'm looking forward seeing the next part :thumbup:

That is one awesome sand monster!

That golem looks really cool! Well done!

Thank you all for the positive feedback :classic: